Changes to Ignite in 3.3.0

AoE is still laughable. Projectiles will still be king.
"
iorganic wrote:
despite all the negative feedback, I feel like this is one of the best posts you guys have put up via balance in a long time.

All the ignite changes are welcomed, and these multiplier numbers are a lot bigger than people seem to be realizing in comments lol

also very glad you touched on the gap in curses between trash mobs and bosses, and I can't wait to see what you guys do with that

EE is definitely way too strong on the builds that utilize it too easily (summoners/rf), and I can't wait to see what you guys do with it in the near future

11/10 please make more balance changes/meta shifts because we've been playing the same meta for almost a year now

agree!

the movespeed + DPS X repeat has become so stale... esp with its bulldozing anything new introduced in Bestiary League. Maybe this is just the heart of ARPGs but I'm finding that despite new content, the game feels stale to me.

and like, just when I get the hang of some kind of exploit or temporary meta, it gets nerfed [or balanced]... like ok, so back to the default meta. i mean, should Belly of the Beast REALLY be "THE" universal chest for 90% of builds?
These buff have to be tested but imo that's not enough to make me want to build around ignite

in the current state of the game you can focus on the initial hit and deal 20k plus 1k ignite or you can focus on both and deal 12k initial hit and 3k ignite...

Now imagine you add a 50% more dmg to ignite; thats still 12k + 4.5k ignite? nope, im out.

Last edited by maersovi on Apr 26, 2018, 9:09:24 PM
No multiple ignites = ignites are shit forever and a day cannot deal enough dps with 1 ignite .... Tbh such a big issue with the nerf to emberwake that there is no point even considering ignites when most skills want to be fast hitting but one thing you take your dps from hits and send it in the shitter because ignite.... O wait more damage over time when you can just scale hit there is no point to focus on it because no additions to duration for the dot doesn't affect the damage at all or lets you get more busted ass mechanic like all other "ailments".
the biggest problem of ignite is lots of boss immune to be ignite i think
Last edited by johnyu on Apr 26, 2018, 9:12:17 PM
How do these changes make ignite viable where it counts, vs bosses?

No one cares about ignite vs trash mobs.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
bvanharjr wrote:
still gonna suck. Sorry!

NOT ONLY are ignites bad (and still will be bad), they supercede freeze chance. Which is STILL going to be meta.

Remember when Ignite was the meta, and cold skills were crap?

People always find something to complain about. GJ Milenials.
"
johnyu wrote:
the biggest problem of ignite is lots of boss immune to be ignite i think

There are no ignite immune bosses.
Elemental equilibrium always seemed pretty balanced to me because it has a very circumstantial requirement to be used. Very few builds can actually use it, and those that can that were very OP were usually OP for other reasons and not EE specifically. Rather those builds that could use it felt like they were balanced with it and that removing it would just unnecessarily nerf them and make them unusable (since you probably can't buff all the builds properly, thereby destroying a large number of them like you did with ignite changes LOL).

Examples:
CoC discharge: cast spamming not ee really.
Ignite: double dipping, not ee really.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Skill clusters on the tree now have 20-25% chance to ignite per cluster. Ideally this should mean that if you have either leveled Skill and Support Gems or a leveled Skill and a few clusters taken on your tree you should be able to acquire 100% chance to ignite.

- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info