Changes to Ignite in 3.3.0

"
MrSnorlax wrote:
Can someone explain something to me, maybe its because I haven't played in a long time but it feels like Fire is the only element that gets attention and lots of uniques/passive tree nodes that affect it. Is it just me or does anyone else think we need more attention to the other elements instead of fire?

I took a long ass break and just came back for Bestiary and onwards but it feels like the only big end-game viable builds have Fire damage.

Uh, it sounds like you're pretty much only talking about RF+SR and Xoph's Blood Molten Strike? The clearspeed builds are primarily cold/lightning with bows (windripper) and wands (piscator's), and the absolute best top-end DPS nowadays comes from glacial cascade mines (which is primarily cold but also gets a bunch of other elemental damage and chaos from modern stat sticks). And lab tanks still primarily use physical damage (disfavour is still popular).
So the biggest question for me is:

Sin fireball effect? :)

I'm so going to play Incinerate again if your rework makes sense! I sure hope it does! :-)

Thanks for the continued development.
IGN: Laubblaeser
Great idea to change Elemental Equilibrium.
I really hope that the Ignite Changes will make Ignite based builds a lot more appealing to play, and
a visual would be much appreciated, if it even comes to that point.

The Flameblast buff sounds really good, and it really makes me want to play Flameblast totems again.

As far as I know about Elemental Equilibrium, (and I've played a lot of spell caster builds) it doesn't take a lot of investment to get going, depending on the element of your liking of course. I hope the changes are for the better in the near future.

As for the Curse re-work, it's hard to describe how I feel about that, I couldn't possibly imagine how it's going to be changed.

Keep up the good work, I can't wait for the upcoming updates.

Seriously though, 3.3.0 can't come fast enough...

Last edited by joshuamckay on Apr 26, 2018, 10:39:47 PM
I know the founders were diehard D2 players. I am not sure if any ever played the Hell Unleashed (HU) mod. The most important thing to discuss about it and the PoE are the bossfights... HU made them MUCH more difficult, and also MUCH longer. Eventually the one hit mechanics were toned down, and the damage was made more reliable, but not quite as spikey in nature. This is not an easy balance to meet for the spectrum of players. Those that played HU were, in general, very good, and very knowledgeable about the mechanics of the game.

Many that are bitching here about burst damagae, the lack of DoT effectiveness, and that it can NEVER be made good are simply deluded.

For example, poison damage for many years was seen as underpowered in HU because there were things that could put out higher, and faster damage totals. After a number of years had passed, all of a sudden posion was seen as OP. Why? because you only had to shoot every now and then, and it would do its full amount. No need to put yourself at risk. Virtually NOTHING (good) changed about poison. In fact it was repeatedly nerfed by those that knew how strong it really was.

The current issue with PoE in my view, is that the highest tiered characters will take a boss down in the blink of an eye, while those that are entering the harder fights for the first time, or without phenomenal gear will be massively, and instantly punished by mechanics that they have not even seen yet.

Boss resists should be a hell of a lot higher. They should not 1hit a 5.8k 95% armor 9by lying LCS), 165+res/80max res/1k+regen char before it can blink. Then DoT damage will actually be worth it.

So they are going to ruin elemental equilibrium. pfft yeah okay.
you made my cast on ignite build perpetual. I have 150% ignite chance now. basically spam spells more than coc discharge
Memba old vaal pact
Last edited by tanksmontaje on Apr 26, 2018, 10:56:26 PM
problem IMO is burning damage sucks. Let us stack ignites. Yeahhhhhhhhh
"
codetaku wrote:
"
MrSnorlax wrote:
Can someone explain something to me, maybe its because I haven't played in a long time but it feels like Fire is the only element that gets attention and lots of uniques/passive tree nodes that affect it. Is it just me or does anyone else think we need more attention to the other elements instead of fire?

I took a long ass break and just came back for Bestiary and onwards but it feels like the only big end-game viable builds have Fire damage.

Uh, it sounds like you're pretty much only talking about RF+SR and Xoph's Blood Molten Strike? The clearspeed builds are primarily cold/lightning with bows (windripper) and wands (piscator's), and the absolute best top-end DPS nowadays comes from glacial cascade mines (which is primarily cold but also gets a bunch of other elemental damage and chaos from modern stat sticks). And lab tanks still primarily use physical damage (disfavour is still popular).

Well that's what I mean though, I know that you can get extra damage from cold/lightning and stat sticks but aren't there more nodes and equipment that favors fire, such as Xoph's Blood, Kaom's Heart, etc.?
twitch.tv/whoisfuskee
Come hang out with me sometime, fellow Exile.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info