Vitality

"
rrtson wrote:
3) Determination gives 51% more armour at level 20. Even with the best passive nodes on the entire skill tree, you would need about 2 passive points in order to match the benefits of Determination = 2x Iron Skin (30% increased armour each).

Iron Skin grants Increased Armor; Determination grants More Armor.
'More' is multiplicative, so Determination is stronger still. Determination is a little silly at the moment, but with how Armor works, that is entirely fine.

That's all I have to say :P
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
rrtson wrote:
3) Determination gives 51% more armour at level 20. Even with the best passive nodes on the entire skill tree, you would need about 2 passive points in order to match the benefits of Determination = 2x Iron Skin (30% increased armour each).

Iron Skin grants Increased Armor; Determination grants More Armor.
'More' is multiplicative, so Determination is stronger still. Determination is a little silly at the moment, but with how Armor works, that is entirely fine.

That's all I have to say :P

Ah right; didn't catch that at first. But you're correct, it only serves to underscore how underpowered Vitality is compared to the other 40% reservation auras.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Vitality indeed need a serious buff but that'd make it too OP with health draining skills so I suggest reducing the reserved mana to 10-15%
Please pardon my bad english
Am only using this aura because i don't have 5 or 6 link. So my main healing comes from flat health regeneration and pots when i'm on low life. Since i'm a tank with crap dps (no good weapon and lack of 5-6link) no aura is better for me at this point (using determination and tempest shield). Once purity is leveld up i'll be using that.

If this doesn't get buffed with like flat HP, maybe like 10 at level 1 and +2 hp for every level or lowered mana reservation to atleast 30% then i don't see how 2% life regen (with inner force) will be better than maybe grace/haste/anger/wrath since i will be getting way more benefits out of those than from passive life regen.

Unless Vitality is actually meant to be used in a situation like mine, where gear is the deciding factor of what you can and cannot have.

I'm a marauder tank:
- 70% shield block with tempest shield
- 8% spell block
- 80 elemental resistance
- 9600 armour with determination (was at 10800)
- 3800 hp
- 250 hp/s with vitality (vitality gives me 70hp/s at level 18 with inner force)

So as you can see frommy stats vitality isn't bad, but that's only because i need it. Once i get a good elemental weapon and 5-6 link chest i'll be able to life leech all the life i need making vitality useless for it's mana cost.
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro
Last edited by Pivovar on Mar 25, 2013, 4:42:38 AM
I totally agree with the aforementioned issues on vitality. Actually i don't have anything to add, It is just extremely under-powered looking to other 40% Aura's the effect hey to and looking at available passives in the skill tree. There is no way someone can't fall over that once looking at it.

So I am curious if there is any answer from GGG if they agree on this problem and will buff vitallity in any form. (Not asking when, or how.., just would like to know if it will get better sooner or later, it rely fits into my build in general but i feel kinda stupid using it for its minor effect.)

Maybe all the people writing here missed something why 1.5% HP regg is totally OP (thus so hardly viable in the passive tree ^.- ) and thus this effect ALONE(!) deserves do reserve 40% mana.
ign: UpForJava
Every other 40% aura grants some kind of high value mechanic that is rare enough that gorgoing the aura generally means being substantially behind in terms of the stat modified.

-No one without Determination will come anyehwere near the armour possible with determination due to it's multiplicative nature.

-Increased cap resistance is an extremely rare mechanic, and has severe increasing returns. Goinf from 80%(with the resist cap passive) max resist to 84% is a whopping 20% reduction in incoming elemental damage. if you have a Saffel's and go from 85 to 89 it's a 27% reduction. Characters without Purity will regardless of gear always be substantially more vulnerable to elemental damage then character with it.

Honestly rather then just buffing it's heal, I'd like to see a new secondary effect added to vitality. Something that is specialized(so the tradeoff between vitality and the other 40% auras is clear).

Perhaps add chaos resist & max chaos resist- kind of like Purity for chaos. yes chaos resist is powerful, but that's why Purity gives resistance to 3 damage types.
Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
Right now I have purity and determination on as mandatory auras, but juggling between haste or vitality...which one is better? Both are mediocre for 40% reservation but I need to pick one.
[Hardcore league]
IGN: Jeria / Metalgrid
L17 is 1.35% for 40% mana

please reduce this to 15-20% mana and increase it to 2% without quality

the Radius is also way to small please increase it since its also a group aura

with the health bars implemented and total health cut down, vitality is easily the worst aura out there in PvE. it's utterly useless now.

it needs a total overhaul.
Last edited by grepman on Jun 6, 2013, 2:12:04 PM
I agree and would like to see vitality buffed.

Currently I am leveling up a auramancer with high physical damage minions and I play to get 4 % auras, including vitality.
Its % regen could be beneficial and I try to see it optimistic and think about the EHP it might increase.
If I assume that minions survive in difficult situations for ~10 seconds, the Vitality would buff my minion EHP by ~15%. Very Meh actually...

For the 40% reservation there should be a ~4% life regen per second. Other auras are soo much stronger riht now. Purity looks like the most OP shit ever in video games compared to vitality.

I will be leveling my vita aura because I am 100% sure GGG will rework this skill.
Reason demands this...

And even in the loot discussion Reason was victorious in the end :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info