[3.24] 🗡The Nightblade🗡 Unholy Might : 100% phys converted to chaos

Hi Exiles,

(1000th reply to this thread, woohoo !)

I've made a post in the Community Showcase section of the forum, where I want to showcase all my homemade builds :

Rahsaan's Workshop

For each build, I've made a brief description and given a PoB link. Still working on it.

For the Nightblade :

I've found a new endgame item we can use :

A Balance of Terror jewel, with "Gain 30-40% of physical damage as extra damage of a random element if you have cast Elemental Weakness in the past 10 seconds"

So of course, Elem Weakness will have to replace Punishment (my current self-cast curse of choice). Currently, a 35% Balance of Terror grants me 20% more DPS (accounting Elem Weakness).
(I'll have to see how to optimize the build around this jewel.)

I'm reworking the Endgame section of the build into a Progression section.
It will feature the different steps you can follow for the stuff. My intention is to indicate which items are luxury, endgame stuff, so that newer players do not feel compelled to rush to them too soon.

For the moment, the list goes like this :

Basic

Items you need when you finish the 10 acts

Spoiler
* Bino's Kitchen Knife
* Shaper's Touch gloves
* Starkonja helmet or Devoto's Devotion
* The Magnate belt

Veteran

Items you need to acquire during white and yellow maps.

Spoiler
* Helmet enchant for Blade Flurry

* Lion's Roar and Atziri Promise flasks

* Lori's Lantern ring

* Eldritch implicits for your boots

* Anointment for the amulet.
Ambidexterity is a solid choice : Amber - Azure - Black
You can't go wrong with it.
Best DPS comes from Panopticon (with totems placed) or Mark the Prey.
Other choices include : a fat life node, Weathered Hunter, Holy Dominion, Hematophagy, Aspect of Stone, Soul of Steel...

* Ring anointment for Blight encounters.
Amber + Amber on each ring, for 2*25% inc Scout Tower dmg. The easiest and most balanced choice. Pop a Scout Tower near the pump, then a Stun level 3 as a support, then a green one tier 3.

* Cluster jewels
Large cluster with 2 jewel sockets : Dagger or Dual-Wielding. 8pts.
- Feed the Fury
- Fuel the Fight
- Hit and Run (for spell suppression)
- Martial Prowess
- Wind-Up (Dagger only)

Medium cluster with 1 jewel socket : Channelling or Crit Chance. 5pts is ok, since it's cheaper than a 4pts and you won't have to allocate the fifth point.
- Overwhelming Malice for Unholy Might
- Precise Focus
- Rapid Infusion
- Unwavering Focus

Endgame

Items you need to acquire during red maps.

Spoiler
* Awakened Melee Physical Damage gem

* Cospri's Will body armour

* Shaper's Touch gloves with Despair or Vulnerability on Hit

* Ryslatha's Coil belt

* A Bottled Faith flask

* Catalysts
- Abrasive on the Ryslatha's belt
- Prismatic on the Lori's Lantern ring
- Turbulent on an amulet with phys as extra lightning/cold

* A Timeless Jewel
- Brutal Restraint to juice up the nodes nearby.
Adds DEX on every small node and mods on the notables, like : life, gain 5% phys as cold, crit chances, poison dmg...
You can socket the jewel in the Shadows or Ranger socket, where there are plenty of notables available. .
OR
- More defensive : Glorious Vanity of Doryani to get the Corrupted Soul keystone : 20% life as extra ES. This will allow you to sustain the Frost Shield.
Put it near Point Blank keystone so as not to break your tree.

Luxury

The sugar coating. These items will boost your DPS and defenses, but the build is perfectly viable without them.

Spoiler
* Vaal Blade Flurry gem

* Anomalous Nightblade support, for increased effect of Elusive.

* Anomalous Ancestral Warchief and Protector gems, for faster placement.

* A Balance of Terror jewel, with "Gain 30-40% of physical damage as extra damage of a random element if you have cast Elemental Weakness in the past 10 seconds"

* A belt enchant from the Eternal Labyrinth of Potential, which you access with a Dedication To The Goddess.

* A second 8-node dagger cluster jewel with Fuel The Fight and Disease Vector (will prevent poisoned enemies from regenerating life)
OR
An Impossible Escape jewel around Iron Reflexes to allocate Panopticon

* A Forbidden Flame and Forbidden Jewels to get Born In the Shadows ascendancy from the Saboteur

I hope this will help you.

I'm quite busy in Standard (as usual) tinkering with my builds. I'll publish a new video for the Nightblade soon.

Good luck and have fun :)
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on Sep 21, 2023, 2:20:56 AM
i would like to share my version of this build, currently lvl 83 on hc ancestor, i'm enjoying very much the build, and im open to any tips, cheers!

https://pobb.in/JbmdMSELisOF
"
matheusams wrote:
i would like to share my version of this build, currently lvl 83 on hc ancestor, i'm enjoying very much the build, and im open to any tips, cheers!

https://pobb.in/JbmdMSELisOF

Interesting variant, thank you !
Trickster, CI.

Since you play HC, I strongly recommend some cold dmg to freeze and shatter enemies, especially the Porcupines. Maybe a Taste of Hate flask. Some flat cold on a ring.
I can also recommand a small Armour cluster with Enduring Composure, to gain Endurance charges when hit.

Good luck in your endeavour, keep us in touch as you progress !
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Hi Exiles,

I've made a new build which is based on the Nightblade : Charged Dash Assassin with the Saviour, The Spiritwalker

PoE is ten years old now. I've begun the game in december 2013, and I've wanted to do a proper Charged Dash (CD) for a long time. Only recently did I decide to test it for good.

CD is one of the most stylish and at the same time clunkiest skill in the game.

I've chosen to use the Saviour to get the Reflection clones, which can effectively double your DPS (two clones doing 50% of your dmg each) and to my surprise, it is quite efficient.

PoB : https://pobb.in/w8HS2Q5FLHx1

* The Saviour + Paradoxica
* Vaal Caress to buff Vaal Smite as secondary skill, and get 20 sec of Onslaught on using a Vaal skill.
* Death Rush ring to get Adrenaline on kill.

> Demo video, in a buffed T16.

> More complete build showcase on Poe Build Reddit

In my Workshop, I showcase a dozen builds I've made. It has been updated with new ones, including a fast-farming Scourge Arrow Poison Pathfinder or the Double Strike "Samurai Ichimonji" Gladiator and more.

I don't forget the Nightblade itself. I'll post one new video before 3.22 ends, probably in a Pantheon Memory questline.

Good luck and have fun :)
3.23 patch notes

If I understand correctly, we've just got a big bonus :

Blade Flurry:
Quality now provides +0-5% more Damage with Hits and AIlments for each stage, instead of 0-10% increased Attack Speed

5% more dmg * 6 stages = x(1.05^6) = 1.34
34% more DPS !

And even more with Vaal BF, where you can reach 12 or 15 stages !

I don't see any other changes for the moment.
The loss of alternate quality gems is not significant for the build.

Now, my dream would be an Awakened Transfigured gem called : Blading Blade Flurry of Blades.
But maybe this is asking too much ;-).

Good luck and have fun, Exiles.
I've been mistaken after reading the patch notes.

Infos about 20/20% gems :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3452093

With 20% quality, BF will grant 25% more dmg per stage, instead of 20% now, and will be limited to 6 stages. So the +1 stage enchant will become legacy and useless in Standard, and there won't be enchant anyway in leagues.

Currently, 6 stages grant 120% more DPS. In 3.23, they will grant 25*6 = 150% more.
So we reach 250% instead of 220% = 13.6% more DPS.
Not counting the slight reduction of attack speed, but it won't be too noticeable with fast enough daggers.

A Redditer has theorized a way to get 120% quality for a skill gem :
https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/18a8ivo/323_gems_quality_stacking/
Requires : Ashes of the Stars amulet + Dialla's body armour + Enhance 4.

With 20/+120% BF, you would gain 20+30 = 50% more DPS per stage, for a total of 300% more = 400% of base dmg.
But will it be strictly better than the current item setup ? I'll test it in PoB once it is updated.
Last edited by rahsaan on Dec 4, 2023, 4:40:05 PM
Blade Flurry Of Incision : Lvl20
75 to 113 Added Attack Physical Damage
25% more Damage with Hits and Ailments for each stage => 30% more critical strike chance for each stage
Maximum 6 Stages

The critical version.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3452098
It could be interesting to use BF of Incision with Marylene's amulet, since we get very high crit against enemies on full or low-life.

Maybe a poison version with Perfect Agony, two Bino's Kitchen and/or two Pneumatic daggers (all dmg can poison) ?

But more probably, it's been designed to use it with Cast on Critical Strike.
We could use it with a Blade spell and the new Blade Blast of Dagger Detonation : added spell dmg = 580% of equipped dagger !

Because we like Blades, so we put more blades into our blades.

Last edited by rahsaan on Dec 4, 2023, 5:16:38 PM
First post updates for 3.23

- I'm waiting the complete update of PoB before updating the links
- Removed all references to alternate quality gems
- Removed helmet enchants
- Updated the Gems
- Update Gearing section with Cospri's Will. Also Gift From Above as a suggestion for a ring.
- Reworked the "Endgame" section as a "Progression" section, where you have the required items in the order in which you progress, from the acts to endgame :

Progression

Basic

Items you need when you finish the 10 acts

Spoiler
* Bino's Kitchen Knife
* Shaper's Touch gloves
* Starkonja helmet or Devoto's Devotion
* The Magnate belt

Veteran

Items you need to acquire during white and yellow maps.

Spoiler
* Lion's Roar and Atziri Promise flasks

* Lori's Lantern ring

* Eldritch implicits for your boots

* Anointment for the amulet.
Ambidexterity is a solid choice : Amber - Azure - Black
You can't go wrong with it.
Best DPS comes from Panopticon (with totems placed) or Mark the Prey.
Other choices include : a fat life node, Weathered Hunter, Holy Dominion, Hematophagy, Aspect of Stone, Soul of Steel...

* Ring anointment for Blight encounters.
Amber + Amber on each ring, for 2*25% inc Scout Tower dmg. The easiest and most balanced choice. Pop a Scout Tower near the pump, then a Stun level 3 as a support, then a green one tier 3.

* Cluster jewels
Large cluster with 2 jewel sockets : Dagger or Dual-Wielding. 8pts.
- Feed the Fury
- Fuel the Fight
- Hit and Run (for spell suppression)
- Martial Prowess
- Wind-Up (Dagger only)

Medium cluster with 1 jewel socket : Channelling or Crit Chance. 5pts is ok, since it's cheaper than a 4pts and you won't have to allocate the fifth point.
- Overwhelming Malice for Unholy Might
- Precise Focus
- Rapid Infusion
- Unwavering Focus

Endgame

Items you need to acquire during red maps.

Spoiler
* Awakened Melee Physical Damage gem

* Cospri's Will body armour

* Shaper's Touch gloves with Despair or Vulnerability on Hit

* Ryslatha's Coil belt

* A Bottled Faith flask

* Catalysts
- Abrasive on the Ryslatha's belt
- Prismatic on the Lori's Lantern ring
- Turbulent on an amulet with phys as extra lightning/cold

* A Timeless Jewel
- Brutal Restraint to juice up the nodes nearby.
Adds DEX on every small node and mods on the notables, like : life, gain 5% phys as cold, crit chances, poison dmg...
You can socket the jewel in the Shadows or Ranger socket, where there are plenty of notables available. .
OR
- More defensive : Glorious Vanity of Doryani to get the Corrupted Soul keystone : 20% life as extra ES. This will allow you to sustain the Frost Shield.
Put it near Point Blank keystone so as not to break your tree.

Luxury

The sugar coating. These items will boost your DPS and defenses, but the build is perfectly viable without them.

Spoiler
* Vaal Blade Flurry gem

* A Balance of Terror jewel, with "Gain 30-40% of physical damage as extra damage of a random element if you have cast Elemental Weakness in the past 10 seconds"

* A belt enchant from the Eternal Labyrinth of Potential, which you access with a Dedication To The Goddess.
These ones are good :
* 30% reduced Effect of Curses on you while on Consecrated Ground
* Enemies Withered by you have -6% to all Resistances
* +300 to Evasion Rating while you have Phasing

* A second 8-node dagger cluster jewel with Fuel The Fight and Disease Vector (will prevent poisoned enemies from regenerating life)
OR
An Impossible Escape jewel around Iron Reflexes to allocate Panopticon

* A Forbidden Flame and Forbidden Jewels to get Born In the Shadows ascendancy from the Saboteur

Crucible Tree for the dagger (Legacy) - from 3.21

Thx to Sleepy Time.

Best mods on a dagger :

> Less global dmg + 30% atk speed
> +16% quality.
> 15% physical and chaos explicit modifiers.
> Lastly Overwhelms 30-35% phys dmg red. But its a big "IF" you get them at the right spots in the same tree.

> Bino's are worth if you get the "Less global dmg + 30% atk speed" and the phys and chaos modifiers. Premium if you get 16% qual on it too. Sadly Bino's has a lot of Caster mods on its Crucible tree.

> There is a strange interaction between Curse on hit rings with Mark on hit. It seems you can get the benefit of them both if you use Marks yourself. But only for a single hit. So you can do Arcanist brand + Mark instead of Mark on hit. It only works for 1 hit per application of Arcanist brand. Kinda good if you're looking for more DPS in Uber bossing scenarios.

ever since changing from normal blade flurry to blade flurry of incision my damage output is horrible. Apart from that, levelling went smooth but mapping with the blade flurry of incision is an absolute joke :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info