New Brand Gems and Brand Changes in Path of Exile: Harvest

Lately it seems like all of the fun things in the game get hard nerfed forcing us to play new reworked things or old go tos.

Should focus on less harsh balancing and not killing a build every season.

It's a shame and this is making me sad, and BTW i'm not even a brand player.
Hmm it looks like the exact same playstile as totem build, but without your totems dies.
I thought brands were going to see a nerf.

Hyped for new brands, can't wait to see what people do with them.
"I didn't know we were making a pants simulator." - Chris Wilson
Seems like you made a Meta with Archmage and now you regret it. How many Regret orbs did you use while making archmage? and how many are you gonna use during Harvest league? seems like the leagues are becoming more and more about nerfs than any buffs. Oh no we didnt test this stuff enought so we nerf it mid league. Brand recall gets a major nerf and so does archmage making it irrelevant to any skills besides those skills that has a high mana cost already. So time to sell everything mana based cause archmage wont be used anymore.
All you had to do was adjust the mana cost of recall based on the brands out. That's it. That would have fixed the issues. Instead you destroyed the entire concept of brands, removing the "passivity" removes the point of using them, that was their entire shtick. If we have to recast them every fight and they don't travel, we might as well just be self casting the spells or using traps. I can't believe nobody on the dev team understood the implications here.

I'm glad I played a brand build at the start of Delirium, before they were removed from the game. It was an interesting concept and playstyle that we will likely never see again.
Nice to see stacking staying in game and brands mechanic completely destroyed ... like , really ?
So do you confirm that totems are dead?
i don't understand GGG's balancing approach, at all.

instead of tuning down numbers to match a desired output, they ruin the underlying mechanic.
EVERY...TIME.

thats not balance, thats redesign.
"
norbi33 wrote:
Arc brand would work to? with alot chains O.o

Not really. If you kill everything nearby then the brand can't jump to the next mob and trigger again. So you only get a cast or two of a watered down Arc with less damage multiplier as well as a gem slot taken up which is another big hit.

So it will be sort of like an Arc totem. Only thing is you can only have 1 or 2 of it and it can't trigger if it's not attached to anything.

Just playing Arc totems of which you can have 4+ going off at once would be better.
Will arcanist brand be able to cast other brands?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info