New Brand Gems and Brand Changes in Path of Exile: Harvest

Aaaaand that's my hype for Wintertide gone. Great. Wanted to check out brands this league and they just nerf them to shit and back.
Rip brand builds no, people will keep trying to make them works and at the end they will quit the league trying.

Rip brands mtx yes!

Keep up your good work GGG you awesome at nerfing no one can beat you👍
please give self cast a little buff to make it actually worth your while and stay competitive with all the auto-casting in the game. there are some people who like self-casting after all. thanks.
Tchuraaa
I really wished they wouldnt have nerfed Brand Recall so hard. Damn, now I need a new starter build.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
norbi33 wrote:
Arc brand would work to? with alot chains O.o

Not really. If you kill everything nearby then the brand can't jump to the next mob and trigger again. So you only get a cast or two of a watered down Arc with less damage multiplier as well as a gem slot taken up which is another big hit.

So it will be sort of like an Arc totem. Only thing is you can only have 1 or 2 of it and it can't trigger if it's not attached to anything.

Just playing Arc totems of which you can have 4+ going off at once would be better.

1) You can have up to 6 brands currently IIRC, of those 2 can be attached to one enemy, but if there are more enemies, more can be attached

2) The brand can be moved by you to the next mob group via brand recall or you can recast it there. It will also jump within it's brand attachment range.

3) Arc itself can of course jump between enemies as it does now already.

4) You will indeed need one support gem slot to make it a brand - how much damage is lost by making it a brand is not yet revealed. Brand activation frequency (how often it deals damage) is also not revealed yet, maybe it is faster than self-cast which could alleviate some of the lost damage.

5) Without numbers no one can say if Arc Totems or Arc Brand will do more damage - but imo, if you like Arc and if you like Brands you most likely will be able to make it work. It might not be "herald-stacking", but casting a brand, having it send an arc out that jumps within the whole mob-group, activating another time and doing the same thing, while you are already casting another brand at the next mob group... sounds fun to me.

"
Alcsaar wrote:
"
Wissle wrote:
Can someone please unironically explain what makes the changes bad or why you think that will kill brands entirely? I don't know the mechanics that this apparently ruined now?

I get that the "brand returns to where it was placed when enemy dies instead of dropping where the enemy died" is a nerf, but I cannot judge the magnitude and for the rest I lack the insight as well...

Take this thread with a grain of salt. This is 99% brand fanboys who think its okay to only have to cast brands one time in a map and then be able to rush through the map only using instant cast brand recall to keep their brands up indefinitely with out ever having to stop moving except to loot.

Then Zombies, Spectres and Golems need to be timed too. Else it doesn't make sense. With them you only need to recast them once (Golems or Zonbies) on relog and then you have a walking and loot collection sim. ;)
HAHAHHAH dead skill will rather play 5 y old srs than thys XD

u killed it no one will buy mtx for brands after that NERF
my builds:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2113935
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2113984/page/1#p15407041
raise zombie brand??
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
Are they really gonna nerf archmage or just the brands?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info