3.11 causing constant crashes.

since the 3.11 update i've been having constant crashes. i've tried it on both the steam and standalone version.

the game just shuts down without any messages/errors

it can happen anywhere, in town, in the garden, in a map. there's no consistent location. no hardware is being maxed out either.

edit : however, adding --noasync to the launch options prevents this. (but only temporarily, it lets me play for longer but eventually still crashes)
Last edited by steijn on Jun 21, 2020, 1:46:45 PM
Last bumped on Oct 6, 2020, 10:16:02 PM
same trouble
same here
there's no way to fix it still. drivers don't help
Last edited by steijn on Jun 21, 2020, 12:22:48 PM
Same thing has been happening to me. I'm losing maps constantly because when you log back in your portals are gone.

Additionally, if you're clearing a map and you crash, all of the items that you picked up in the map prior to the crash go missing. I had picked up Kaoms Roots about 30s into a map, crashed, logged in and my portals were gone and my kaoms were gone too.

This has been happening between 10-20 times a day for me. This needs to get fixed.
"
B_Wease wrote:
Same thing has been happening to me. I'm losing maps constantly because when you log back in your portals are gone.

Additionally, if you're clearing a map and you crash, all of the items that you picked up in the map prior to the crash go missing. I had picked up Kaoms Roots about 30s into a map, crashed, logged in and my portals were gone and my kaoms were gone too.

This has been happening between 10-20 times a day for me. This needs to get fixed.

your crashes are different from mine.

you have your instances crashing, mine are still there when i come back.
"
steijn wrote:
edit : however, adding --noasync to the launch options prevents this.

Having the same problem and this fix seems to be working so far. It's been 1h and no crash, although there's a significant increase in load times.

At least it's playable now.

edit: crashed again :/
"Live by the sword, live a good, LONG time"
Last edited by sparkatus on Jun 21, 2020, 1:56:40 PM
"
sparkatus wrote:
"
steijn wrote:
edit : however, adding --noasync to the launch options prevents this.

Having the same problem and this fix seems to be working so far. It's been 1h and no crash, although there's a significant increase in load times.

At least it's playable now.

yeah like i added, it fixes it temporarily, but the crash is inevitable. just takes longer.
Facing the same problem

After adding --noasync to the client.exe launch option, the loading time of the region/map takes longer, but I can tolerate it.

Crashes still occur from time to time, but fewer than before,

For more information about startup options, see here,https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Launch_options
"
B_Wease wrote:

I've been having the same exact problem. It is incredibly frustrating because that really rare item you just found? Gone. It happens repeatedly as well. Makes you wonder why they released a patch with this many errors on such a large scale. Is it even out of beta, or are we effectively in beta test phase right now?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info