The Future of Stash Tabs

"
Antigegner wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
Yeah no. This response misses the point that a lot of us are making. My issue isn't with organizing the new tabs, it's with the existence of the new tabs.

I expected the premium tabs I bought for Maps, Fragments, and Currency to hold and interact properly with all future: Maps, Fragments, and Currencies.

This is now clearly not the case. GGG does not see this concern as valid and feels that whatever losses they may experience over this decision will be outweighed by the gains. That's a valid business decision and only time will tell if it works out for them. The odds of me being here to find out have definitely gone way down.

+1

Another +1
These would be nice, if implemented, but they don't address the issue of excessive specialty tabs. This response doesn't match the content of the complaints about the new tabs.

The Blight and Delirium stash tabs don't seem to justify their own tabs and there is no reason Blight couldn't have been incorporated into the currency and map tabs (and should have been in the map tab anyways, or at least searchable). Much of the content in the new tabs fits into the descriptions of the old tabs, and not updating the old tabs and offering different ones for money seems counter to the (at minimum implied) promise of those tabs when we first bought them. Even if GGG decided that they would charge for those updates, which is valid for a free to play game (though see prior sentence), the response from the player base is universally that they want expansions of the current tabs with better search functions rather than additional ones to manage, event if they can minimize and sort them.

It's undoubtedly easier to make new tabs than update old ones. It's probably more profitable, even counting people who leave in disgust over it. But does GGG want to prioritize those over the clear and consistent feedback from the player base, especially when they aren't unreasonable requests? One of the benefits of expansions is addressing problems in prior versions, but it seems like GGG is doing the opposite here.
Really like the upcoming additions to be able to group/set affinity. Something I have been hoping to see for a while and is much appreciated.

I've never had complaints about spending more money for specialty tabs. I find these the best use of the money spent on supporter packs and they are usually cheaper than MTX that get significantly less mileage.
I already expected this, but looks like the angry army didn't...
Nice! Glad that we'll have stash tab of stash tabs for free.
Too many tabs. Hope we get a good solution.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
"
Filliben wrote:
"
Antigegner wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
Yeah no. This response misses the point that a lot of us are making. My issue isn't with organizing the new tabs, it's with the existence of the new tabs.

I expected the premium tabs I bought for Maps, Fragments, and Currency to hold and interact properly with all future: Maps, Fragments, and Currencies.

This is now clearly not the case. GGG does not see this concern as valid and feels that whatever losses they may experience over this decision will be outweighed by the gains. That's a valid business decision and only time will tell if it works out for them. The odds of me being here to find out have definitely gone way down.

+1

Another +1

+1
"
Archwizard wrote:

+1 another, among the many who already agreed with Archwizard on this.
"
Aktinium wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:

+1 another, among the many who already agreed with Archwizard on this.

Reposting because it's spot on.

Chris just doesn't get it.
A poor decision and even worse explanation.

The point that you miss Chris is that PoE is becoming unplayable. There is too much content chained together and way too much loot.

Core gameplay loop of having fun when killing pixels is more and more limited by complicated and prolonged progression and time needed to manage loot.

I think that you guys locked yourselves into business model that is becoming increasingly limiting and you don't have any solid ideas how to get out of it apart from waiting for PoE 2.

I bought these crappy tabs because they are still better than not having them and amount of time I still spend in PoE justifies a bit of QoL.

When buying, I felt cheated. This was not the buy I wanted but the one I had to do to improve on poor service limiting my access to fun part of the game.

It does baffle me a little how could you come up with an idea that this is a good move. Something like tabs must have had passed through design and product management then through stakeholder sign-off and no one seriously challenged it?

Have you ever asked yourselves if you would welcome something like that in game you play? Have you underestimated effect of content creep in PoE and rather trying to streamline and simplify, decided to "sort it out"? Game is indeed becoming a tab simulator with all that various loot - most of which is not worth a penny.

Or was it really purely financial decision to milk PoE before PoE 2 arrives?

And I forgot about +1 to Archwizard post that sums it up neatly.
Last edited by Verminaardth on Jun 24, 2020, 3:11:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info