Bloom in Path of Exile

"
While the overwhelming majority of players have left the setting on its default value,

... there is a setting to tone it down?!?!?
I doubt that this conclusion is a good one to draw. I was not aware that there is a slight mode. I am not saying I would have liked it, but that seems super biased.
Ok this explains so much about the bright effects! I had to modify my hideout as it was just way too bright.

Also in Delve, in the ice areas, when you lay a flare, it is so bright you literally can not see anything around you. Complete whiteout!
It seems like a bunch of people here are forgetting: you don't get to keep your old game no matter what, and this game was never meant to stay stuck in the dark ages of graphics. The graphic update is about PoE2 and the future of the game, and it's taking place whether you like it or not. Each one of these 'choices' isn't some lone stand against certain users, but a step on a road that's YEARS deep in planning. They aren't choices, they're paving stones and as much as GGG polishes them smooth, they're not ripping them out just for you. I can't imagine being that entitled.

This isn't directed at people who have legit suggestions and visual issues, but rather at the 'look at me my rudeness and past supporter packs make me special' crowd. We get it, you're used to speaking to the faceless entity of Blizzard because you crawled here from one exploited property or another, but you're not speaking to thousands of employees: you're speaking to individual people who have to deal with this crap.
Give us a slider and let us, the user, decide if we are happy with 0% bloom or want to change it. If someone who sets it to 0% and complains give them direction to change it and otherwise ignore the whimpering.
Please please let us decide it. there are enough who don't change the settings, as you already know. So you can still be proud and certain, that your intended visuals get to people. If a lot of streamers change it and "represent your game wrong" maybe its your design choices that are wrong.
For me it doesn't look like GGG is going in the right direction. Give your players the choice if they want to change your preferred settings. Here the complains and think about which can be resolved though players choice.

(btw: I recently turned down some graphics settings and it feels like the stutter i had got worse.)
I set every graphics setting to the absolute minimum because of the insane frame drops during Delirium encounters. GGG should focus on fixing things like this before spending time to improve the art as most of us will never see any of these art improvements on the minimum settings.
Leddit REEEEEEEEEEEE.
"
ImPump wrote:
my wife left me for Orlando Bloom

Orlando Bloom left my wife for your wife
I don't really care about fake bloom particles being needed in case the bloom was turned off completely. I wouldn't mind playing the game that looks like OSRS if that meant I wasn't getting blinded by flares, by azurite nodes, by garden stuff. The 'slight' option is not enough.

If not completely turning the bloom off, give us the slider from around (0 to 100)% so people can adjust the visuals.. I just don't get this stubborn behaviour. There have always been people who play PoE looking like Minecraft, so why is it such a big deal?
Finally i'll be able to get a Bloom box!
FPS counter > bloom/particles/other crap

ALWAYS

Let us to decide what crap we want to see. This couldn`t be so hard.

BTW

Just turned bloom to "slight" cause i read about it here.
Those kind of changes should be wrote bigger and red letters so everyone can see them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info