Harvest Statistics: Challenges and Seeds

Not rly liked this league, boringness of it got me. Not felt like a league, actually. So stopped at 25 after some random guy showed me the portal. That was the last drop.

"
CrazylikE wrote:
How many players have 40/40? I'm always curious about that.

Good question, actually!
Last edited by DarkJen on Aug 4, 2020, 2:23:50 PM
"
We're certainly interested in hearing from those of you that did hit 36 challenges this league; did you feel that the challenges were easier this league, was the reward a driving motivator for you, or was it something else? Let us know!

Mind you I'm not part of the 36 club, but I feel playing on Trade made the 'challenges' much less of a 'challenge'

I read someone, with 30 challenges, in chat say "WTB shaper untouched challenge" like wut? Is this how people 'earn' their rewards?

I dunno how GGG could alter player action to create an environment where the player themselves must be the one doing the action (outside of SSF) but I personally feel that is a necessary component of what makes something challenging. Without that you might as well change the challenges to a shopping list "Acquire currency and trade" as that component drives nothing but the market that you [GGG] cannot profit off of.

The Tempest's Binding = 50c (pre-upgrade)
The Tempest's Liberation = 40c (post upgrade)

GGG - I feel that giving away these rewards so easily is also marginalizing the potential profit of selling similar items within the market. Someone that gets a free portal is much less likely to buy one. Where as if you earned armor you may still want to buy other things like the portals. For example:
10-Boots / 20-Gloves / 30-Helm / 40-Chest
9-Boots / 18-Gloves / 27-Helm / 36-Chest (If you want to keep it at 36 for the top)

Even if someone earns only the first few, they may be inclined to purchase a filler for the items they didn't earn. Instead of supporter packs being of the armor, they could instead be the 3 challenge rewards. This way if the wings/portal are to be rewarded you make the money. You made the content, you should make the money for that effort. Maybe it's too late for this change and the ship has sailed on how the MTX distribution is handled but it could be worth a thought for the future. (PoE2)

Also, the idea of purchasing and owning the portal specifically pre-league launch does allow you to enter the portal of the league for the duration of the league. This allows the player to immerse themselves in the environment from day one, rather than earning it last and using it for the following league. As earning 36 challenges is when a lot of players stop for a break before the next league launch.

Sorry for this turning into more of an essay than I'd intended. If anyone is interested in more thoughts I have another post I made below a few weeks ago. Thanks to anyone that made it this far.

More thoughts on Challenges being Purchases:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2902357/page/1#p23371704
Can you add totem in HO for аchievements like as challenges?
I think some people left before they got into crafting so less 12-24 completed challenges. While if you did get into crafting, you played longer and it was easy to get perfect gear so easier to complete 36 challenges.
[/quote]

Big words from someone who hasn't done a single end-game encounter.

L33t player right there.
[/quote]

Yeah, sorry i dont support botters couse i dont trade currency.
Sorry i dont buy challenges for currency.
Sorry i try my own builds :/ Iam not copying zombie, where playing like someone else.
And sorry i play only HC, so i rip my chars ... sometimes not with my fault (lags/freeze/client drop ...) Trust or not :O
And dont using macros ... i fck programs of 3rd sides

Yeah iam idiot and GGG dont make this game for me ....

But you can show us your chars. U make 40 challenges on HC SSF ofc. Or SC SSF?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info