Private League Capacity Increases

Turbotastic!
This is such great news! Thanks GGG!
"
Jerle wrote:
Hmm. I wonder if this might fragment the community as more streamers run their own private leagues.
Maybe? Private leagues migrate to the parent league and not standard at least, so it's not a completely isolated playerbase.

Plus I saw a good point that a sub-league with a smaller market with stronger value on items and human people being able to prevent bots from joining could be a positive.

"

10000! Isn't that pretty overkill? There's like 20k people playing daily right now? This seems bad for league launches if the community is split further. Oh wells. Basically a solo game anyway.
I don't think the idea is to have 10k leagues at all times, I think the idea is to have leagues that can accept more than just 2k players, which has been a problem. I felt fortunate to be able to get into a popular streamer league with so many players trying to get in and it was constantly important to remind people to leave when they were done with the league so others could get in.
"
kahwigulum wrote:
There are private leagues?! How does one join / start one?

Edit: Upon looking this up, the max length of a league appears to be two months. Like, why even bother if that's the case. If a community can afford to continue to support a server, why bother limiting them?

In my experience having run three of them, the reason people participate in private leagues is for (not in spite of) the fresh starts.

Le Toucan Will Return
"
HeroEvermore wrote:
10000! Isn't that pretty overkill? There's like 20k people playing daily right now? This seems bad for league launches if the community is split further. Oh wells. Basically a solo game anyway.

We might have 20000 concurrent players right now. Generally though, even pretty obsessive players like me aren't online all of the time.

10000 as a cap is for enrolled players, not concurrent players. Even if everyone has 30 free hours a week and spends all of that time in game, 10000 enrolled players is only about 1800 concurrent.

And in practice, the number willing to play 30 hours a week or more on one game is low. We are out there, there's lots of us, but private leagues get a lot more people who join for shorter time periods.
Le Toucan Will Return
Nice thanks.
Deliberately casual, frequently occasional, inept professional player of games!
http://www.twitch.tv/ssidistik
This is great ty. Wish it came a little sooner for those wanting to join ziz's event.
Nice, now please allow private leagues to last more than a few months.
I want to be able to buy a flashback league that just gets updated with the new leagues.
To all the people that say they want flashback private leagues... I thought GGG was pretty clear when making private leagues that positive mods won't happen. Only stuff that makes it harder and always the same base as the current league. Ppl would see it as "pay to have access to more fun than the free leagues".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info