Announcing Path of Exile: Heist

"
prytification wrote:
Phew, I think I will opt out of leagues for a while. PoE is becoming to complex for me to be enjoyable. Not too complex by how the system works, but too complex by how much stuff to do to be fully effective with a char. It's turned from a fun game to an almost full time job now.

Maybe it's a better way to enjoy the game by just playing Standard. =)

Welcome to the most of not-a-teenager-without-a-job nightmare.
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
Yes, Heist is looking complicated, but to be honest, I also enjoyed Betrayal and still don't even know how exactly it works with those items on the investigation screen which change each turn :D

Of course I could look that up, but I'm too lazy and just take what I get out of it.

Could imagine that the new Heist NPCs will give you enough hints and explanation how to find good stuff, so rather in getting a tooltip on you screen, you need to listen to the NPCs? Whoever is doing it ..lol
May give it a try this time in our "we just don't care what others are doing" private league

Conclusion:
It's PoE and I'm hyped every league anyway.
another league..no meteor skill. if "black hole" skill does not work as main dps skill i will skip it again.
Nice new Way to play but can i hire Alva? Or is she going to kill me after She finds out im getting rich with a bunch of Thiefes without her by Robbing modern Vaults instead of an ancient risky Temple?
ok from one big brain league into another

after watching the trailer Im sure they dont have any idea of what would rly hit the mark regarding leagues, what would rly get us all excited.

dont come along with this "you cant please everyone" bullshit, more or less you can get the majority to like something if you wouldnt fart out half assed supporter packs eh I mean leagues with bugs and sleeping devs for the first weeks.

stupid shit bugs which require hotfixes stay far too long and this game betrays its own genre because they have to get such inflated brains

Im rly not sure what to think of this one here...
"-interesting mechanics-"
"-cool stuff-"
"special shit you can do no one cares about"
comes to my mind...but maybe it turns out to be less time consuming shit than I thought?

Im hyped for the new spells...and replica could be turn out to be cool as well...
GGG needs to fix core and the game would be awesome enough, and any new league (good or bad) would be bonus. As it is now, core is just a hot mess and no league will make the game reach its potential. Sad!
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
I hope it would have more monster slaying and less micromanagement.

Also make special deals for Stygian Steeds / Elder themed MTX before the league please!
Last edited by Tortoise_Turtle on Sep 2, 2020, 10:45:30 AM
UWUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

This is so damn cool.
I will suck but ITS SO COOOOL :D
"
PowerIdiot wrote:
another league..no meteor skill. if "black hole" skill does not work as main dps skill i will skip it again.

That was such an awesome skill in D2. What made it awesome was not just the effect but the sound effect of that skill. I remember when D3 rolled out they completely butchered the sound effect and it felt like complete shit. The effect itself was also not that strong and cartoonish in D3. So that said, be careful what you wish for from GGG because I never felt that skill sound effects were their strong suit. It took them how many years to finally get Warcries to sound somewhat decent? If I recall I think they even yanked that humming sound as it was falling from D3 which existed in D2. There was a lot there to get that skill what it was (timing, effect, sound effect before and after impact, etc.) so if GGG attempt it they better do it justice or don't do it at all.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
What really pisses me off is that people don't realize the impact The Pandemic has had on GGG. People are working from home for crying out loud. Did you idiots not stop to think that GGG was not able to get the same feedback as meeting at a round table face to face to gather and share ideas. You are also assuming no one on the team got sick.

I'm actually Fing proud of GGG and the fact that they were able to even release this during a pandemic. To all those people whining go F yourself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info