Announcing Path of Exile: Heist

"
Deminii wrote:
Another shiet league, i just skip again. Good luck

If they nerf minions to the ground it will not be shit.
More stuff to pick up in an over complicated device that ends up being about the same... kill things fast, collect stuff and sell.

For those with the numerous hours to spend they will scratch the surface. The majority get caught in the muck, and with each league the muck is rising.

I appreciate the effort put into the game but it's all becoming too much. I miss the days of the new league being monsters that pop up and drop some higher rarity mess.

Heck, I think it would be cool to have a throwback league or combine to older league mechanics bringing them back rather than adding yet more currency, frags, etc to the game.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Agreed Madcow. I think the game design philosophy has deviated so far sadly that there is only going to be more clutter and forced engagement to get somewhere with low playtime investment. There are so many micro systems in the game now that you still need to engage with that the league mechanic has a tough time being the dominating one theme that gets the most attention.

I know it is often stated that the player has the choice of what and how much they engage with a certain now core game mechanic, but truth to the matter is that most character item progression systems are now based on these core league mechanics. That is not really free choice. It is also said the crafting design and trade system will cultivate player interaction. It just fills the game with toxic behavior and frustration.

The answer by the designers was to create ssf and drop players out of the rat race they were frustrated with, then though the game feels like a measly grinder with very slow and very rng heavy progression. I think it is a sad cop-out for an online-required game to resort to single-player for those frustrated with the design decisions the game took in major areas like trading, player interaction, and progression.

I wish they would have gone for guild hideouts, real player housing with trade hubs, and a way for guilds and individuals to compete more besides the global ladder. Giving players a world where they can immerse with creating their own challenges and engage with the game in the way they would like without feeling like they are left out. Just provide real co-op and collaboration incentives, instead the game is only efficient solo or in a fully organized groups with specialized characters that will mostly not work great solo then.

I really loathe that they are pumping out this constant influx of micro systems to force progression and reinvent the wheel with each new league. Instead they split out private leagues, that do not really offer features.

Its just sad for me seeing what potential this game's playerbase has...

This game has a mostly awesome community and I think it is sad that the design philosophy went away from leveraging that potential. We are playing a single player now and interact less with players than with a gazillion of time-consuming and complicated progression systems.
Last edited by jimsen on Sep 5, 2020, 5:37:49 AM
i am not really gonna play this league just gonna try few builds with 2 new spells and hexes, that's it
I'm willing to give this league a shot. I'm not sure how people can write it off so quickly. By that token, I also don't jump on the hype train for leagues where people claim it'll be the best before even playing it.

Every league, good or bad, always requires tweaks from GGG. That's the only surety about heist right now; It'll need patching and we'll probably get it 2-3 weeks after launch.

The league mechanic itself is always only 1/2 of the equation - New items, skills and re-balancing offers a fresh take on builds that I'm always excited to tinker with. For me, the alternate quality gems look very interesting - life leech on BV sounds amazing. The replica uniques also look like powerful leveling options (again, those lioneye's paws look to be something I'd really like to level with).

No amount teasing and Q&A will ever equate to first-hand experience playing a league. I thought Harvest looked interesting and it turned out to be the league I dumped the fastest (and tbh, I don't think any league will ever challenge that new record).

Last edited by muzein on Sep 5, 2020, 9:16:16 AM
"
jimsen wrote:
Agreed Madcow. I think the game design philosophy has deviated so far sadly that there is only going to be more clutter and forced engagement to get somewhere with low playtime investment. There are so many micro systems in the game now that you still need to engage with that the league mechanic has a tough time being the dominating one theme that gets the most attention.

I know it is often stated that the player has the choice of what and how much they engage with a certain now core game mechanic, but truth to the matter is that most character item progression systems are now based on these core league mechanics. That is not really free choice. It is also said the crafting design and trade system will cultivate player interaction. It just fills the game with toxic behavior and frustration.

The answer by the designers was to create ssf and drop players out of the rat race they were frustrated with, then though the game feels like a measly grinder with very slow and very rng heavy progression. I think it is a sad cop-out for an online-required game to resort to single-player for those frustrated with the design decisions the game took in major areas like trading, player interaction, and progression.

I wish they would have gone for guild hideouts, real player housing with trade hubs, and a way for guilds and individuals to compete more besides the global ladder. Giving players a world where they can immerse with creating their own challenges and engage with the game in the way they would like without feeling like they are left out. Just provide real co-op and collaboration incentives, instead the game is only efficient solo or in a fully organized groups with specialized characters that will mostly not work great solo then.

I really loathe that they are pumping out this constant influx of micro systems to force progression and reinvent the wheel with each new league. Instead they split out private leagues, that do not really offer features.

Its just sad for me seeing what potential this game's playerbase has...

This game has a mostly awesome community and I think it is sad that the design philosophy went away from leveraging that potential. We are playing a single player now and interact less with players than with a gazillion of time-consuming and complicated progression systems.

Couldn't agree more, trade hubs, guild HO etc would be so awesome and immersive, mechanics that are so time-consuming and not so very free choice, it's becoming too much for casual players.
Did some one really just say real player housing? FML
#StandardLivesMatter
"
theoc86 wrote:
Did some one really just say real player housing? FML

Just because you chose to live on the beach as your "hidout" aka player house...
I've been playing since 2018 and only bought one "melee" type supporter pack for $60 and spent about $90 total on the game.

I've been playing more casters lately and was waiting for caster armor and this Master Spellblade looks perfect. However, I also feel getting ripped off with only 2 items in the pack. I would've bought this pack instantly if it included weapon and cloak/portal like previous $60 packs.

I do have the Twitch weapon/helm purple mtx that are all purple but not sure how well they'll accommodate this armor.
cool
Last edited by Zophronios on Sep 22, 2020, 1:52:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info