Curse Skills in Path of Exile: Heist

"
Dex8172 wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
hardly ANY mob exploded during the showcase. the only effect this curse had was the visual (icon). it is a pretty terrible rework even IF your interpretation is correct, and it is 100% worthless if my take is correct

It seems you misunderstood me. I don't think the video is bugged, I think they are introducing on-death "explosions" which don't destroy corpses of "exploded" monsters. Who knows, maybe they'll rework other such "explosions" to leave corpses too. Corpse destruction prevents many on-death effects they just love to design. It's either that, or they'll make more monsters with nasty on-death effects immune to corpse destruction, like they did in synthesis league.

I think you are both wrong, because it is not a corpse-explosion but "dealing a percentage of your overkill damage". Of course, if

a) all mobs in an area die at the same time because you use an AOE-skill or
b) your damage is just enough to kill the mobs, but not overkill them by much

it won't actually do much. At least that is my understanding the info that was given. I'd assume it better for a mainly single-target skill that deals high damage (heavy strike?).
The Mark change to be single-target exclusive seems like a really, really unnecessary change.
All the mobs on these videos are so slow.
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
"
Maybe I'm missing something or am I just not overreacting looking for nerfs when there aren't any?

Curse on Hit Rings are still automating the same charge generation as before...

So today you use Tornado Shot to curse a pack of monsters with Assassin's Mark and generate 3 charges or more. Then on the next pack, you are still max Power Charges, so your charges regenerate. Pog.

After the "nerf", you will use Tornado Shot and it will mark one mob, assuming it will still grant at least one Power Charge. At this rate, after attacking a whopping 3 times you're already at max charges... then it refreshes each pack automatically even if it only marks one mob.

The nuance is basically non-existent. Based on what we know today, this doesn't seem like a problem.

Plus, that's not even considering the possibility that it is buffed on bosses where previously the curse on hit was negligible but now it being a mark only makes it better?

I must be going crazy.

Assa Mark only has a 30% chance to grant a power charge.

Assa Mark was used for mana reg 20 mana on kill

All harder bosses have adds, you wil alternate cursing bosses and adds and since there are usually more adds it will negate the dps increase.

Snipers mark was used for pierce by a lot of build especially minion...gone

In general curse rings only apply lvl 5 curses the dps aspect is not worth mentioning and the utility is gone.
love it!!
"
Serdoa wrote:

I think you are both wrong, because it is not a corpse-explosion but "dealing a percentage of your overkill damage". Of course, if

a) all mobs in an area die at the same time because you use an AOE-skill or
b) your damage is just enough to kill the mobs, but not overkill them by much

it won't actually do much. At least that is my understanding the info that was given. I'd assume it better for a mainly single-target skill that deals high damage (heavy strike?).

actually Heavy Strike deals just tad over 10% more damage than Ground Slam.. Heavy Strike is pointless gem ATM esp since stuns were effectively removed from the game. and HS has knockback to make it EVEN worse

as for the curse.. if you overkill mobs - you dont need this curse (it does nothing), if you dont overkill them, you need damage curse (that actually works all the time, not 35% of the time - name one reason to use this over vulnerability/ele curse?). it does almost nothing vs bosses (between 35 and 10% life (cull)).. like wtf?

Punishment was melee-aligned and as such it was always 'noone cares' type of skill. It is clear that GGG has no idea what they want to do with it. this faux-explody chest that doesnt seem to work (video..), the absolutelly useless 'on low life' bonus AND that 'debilitate' that pretty much does nothing important (and.. the best part. you have to get hit. it surely will help vs sirus, surely)

it is an ultimate dud
Yeah i understand the need for you as developers to make less used mechanics "viable" but nerfing most used mechanics because of that is just dumb.

Alot of players use Marks on Hit as Frenzy/Power Charge generaters, which are needed. So come up with a propper Frenzy/Power Charge generator and ppl wound get disapointed.
why destroy all assassins mark rings out there? stupid
okok. i will start with some curse :D
curse pog
"
Аstyanax wrote:
POE seems to be designed for jobless folk who don't leave their gaming chairs for months on end.

Problem is other games are trash these days.

This pretty much summarizes my situation perfectly :D

I don't want to play other games, but I can't afford to play the game any longer to an extend I used to.. but that means it will be a shit experience from now on :( it's really not a game you can play casually.

One point to add.. I think with massive changes like these coming in so rapidly, it's pretty much safe to just delete Standard. I mean.. come on. If you invest a shit ton to craft an assassin's mark ring e.g. just to have its mana leech capability removed (i.e. you can't rely on it generating enough mana any longer while clearing) "shortly" after.. ouch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info