Path of Exile Lore: Questions and Answers - Part One

POG!

Senpai noticed me. This is so cool!! Can't wait to make more lore videos, you guys give me great content!
"
POG!

Senpai noticed me. This is so cool!! Can't wait to make more lore videos, you guys give me great content!

Yay!
Pog lore
Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition, is followed by madness.
aul info ples :)
I tried reading this and fell asleep 3 times.

Some people like reading. Some like playing.
Good read.

I like the idea of the beast supressing the power of the gods and the virtue gems basically being his ... sediment, dispersing these supressed powers. And now all the humans are smearing his droppings over their clothes.
"
DangerSmoog wrote:
Thanks for more lore! Enjoy learning about it (also Kitten Cat Noodles videos are awesome nice shoutout)

My question though is about the nature of "magic", for lack of a better word, in the world of POE (Not sure if the world as a whole has a name)

It seems most "magic" comes from the virtue gems/tears as the vaal knew them, but what about all the times Sin tells us about his escapades before his creation of the beast. Is the magic the gods use different? Did they ONLY receive magic upon "ascending" due to the adoration of people? In the case of Yugul it seems he ascended DUE to his magical prowess. I guess the nature of "magic" and "powers" in the world seem confusing. Then you get to the elder who's magic seems entirely different from anything else seen so far.

Long rambling post sorry! In short I'd love some sort of more insight on the nature of magic in the POE universe!

From my understanding the gods got their "magic" from however each of them ascended. The magic we use is extremely similar to the gods because the virtue gems are fragments of their powers that leaked out of the beast while they were sealed within. I recommend watching the lore videos from kitten cat noodle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loVRzJ30FzY&ab_channel=KittenCatNoodle
"
POG!

YOOOOOO

Your videos are criminally underwatched. I'm so glad GGG mentioned them. I think you're totally right about the Harbinger lore btw.
Did Sin create the beast before or after the fall of the Vaal?
I love these lore posts!! Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info