Path of Exile Fan Art Competition Winners

Man, "Chaos laughs, mortal" is absolutely SICK as well.. Love it.
Thanks for top 10, happy my work got appreciated!

"
KungFuPanda2 wrote:

I have to say something about this.. I see others have said it too.. I don't understand the criteria based on which the entries are chosen and ranked.. Maybe for next contests it should be made clear? Also who picks the winners.. maybe the art department should do it? (not sure who does it now)

This inconsistency of skill from top to bottom (or even unchosen entries being better then some of the chosen ones) is what keeps better artists from entering..

People would be happy to lose to better art, you should look and think "DAMN the top 3 are F**ing CRUSHING! I need to get better, of course I didn't win"

I disagree on this statement, while it is true there is skill differences between candidates, those contests are not meant for professional artists only and a just equilibrium is probably what the judge are searching.

An art could be very well made but is it all what it have to offer? What effort was needed to create the art compared to the obvious skill of the artist? If those contest are dominated by professional artist who search only to place their artstation link or make publicity of their instagram, why would any POE fan even try to compete.

There is also no assurance for GGG than the best art posted was realized by the poster, if they suddenly only took the best of the best with only skill as criteria we would see a lot of people just cheating and giving art not made by themselves.

There is healthy competition needed of course and the art you submitted for example make me want to get much better... It is that good of a submission! But I also get why those contest should not favorize the already skilled and look beyond that.

Forum pvp
...wait, a thing that was made instead of drawn got more than half a look for once at long last?

I mean I can't do either but that still gives me a bit of a warm fuzzy feeling x.x
Awakened Combustion Support when?
"
lolozori wrote:

I disagree on this statement, while it is true there is skill differences between candidates, those contests are not meant for professional artists only and a just equilibrium is probably what the judge are searching.

Why call it a "contest" then, if the best dont win?

Im not reffering to myself, but there was that Izaro model for example, which looks better then a lot of stuff that got chosen, and some others like that..

Having a clear criteria by which to judge would help a lot.
The Art of the Karui is really cool.

Found them all:
Kitava
Tukohama | Navali | Utula
Whakano | Kurai | Tane | Haku
Maramoa | Siosa | Lani
Kaom | Ngamaku
May peace be with you, exile.
Last edited by Martiancore on Aug 9, 2021, 5:14:57 AM
"
KungFuPanda2 wrote:
This inconsistency of skill from top to bottom (or even unchosen entries being better then some of the chosen ones) is what keeps better artists from entering

Noticed that too, but it probably shouldn't be all about skill, I can see some entries winning because the subject is extra cool or witty. It's best to regard all this as just a bit of fun and a chance to practice, not a serious contest.

That said, I'd personally put your work in top 3, it's really well done.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jun 11, 2021, 5:02:54 AM
"
KungFuPanda2 wrote:
Thanks anhkhoiit, happy you like it. Thats my new wallpaper :)

I have to say something about this.. I see others have said it too.. I don't understand the criteria based on which the entries are chosen and ranked.. Maybe for next contests it should be made clear? Also who picks the winners.. maybe the art department should do it? (not sure who does it now)

This inconsistency of skill from top to bottom (or even unchosen entries being better then some of the chosen ones) is what keeps better artists from entering..

People would be happy to lose to better art, you should look and think "DAMN the top 3 are F**ing CRUSHING! I need to get better, of course I didn't win"

They deleted my comment because I dared to say that they had favored their friends, and I totally agree with you, it makes no sense, I saw incredible drawings that deserved to be in the top 1-3 or even included in the other winners. Clearly their competition is not AT ALL CLEAR, and it is a shame for GGG who dares to say with their policy that they put all the players on the same footing .... it is not true c 'is a lie, they have already privileged the streamers to pass in front of the others during the first day of the Ultimatum league which was buggy. If GGG's inspiration is to want to become better through their games they would do well to do so through the arts as well. I wish the artistic department of GGG or Chris could answer me clearly on the objectives of their competition when selecting the winners, since apparently this department suppresses my posts filled with truth, I doubt that I would have an answer from them go ...
Kuungfupanda2 lover
I love the Alva crochet.
Bad Seed
It was a first time I tried PoE competition. I did my best and tried so hard, creating something really better, than before as a non-professional artist. Honestly, I was truly sad knowing that my entry don't deserve even a 20th place, but okay, it happens. More summertime sadness causes a fact, that many good and beautiful artworks in terms of quality, level, composition, etc. should have been more appreciated. You guys did well, do not stop progress and never surrender.
Gz winners, though.

www.artstation.com/youko179

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info