Baeclast Podcast with Chris Wilson This Week

"
Malichus wrote:
I think this podcast is great news. Not because I expect that there really will be any hard-hitting questions that most of the players actually want the answers to asked, or that Chris will announce that he's reverting all the changes (change was needed, they just went too far in some things and tried to change too many systems at once). I think it's great news because it tells us for certain what we could only speculate before this...GGG is bleeding revenue as badly as players and is trying to stop the leak. As that is the only thing that will get their attention, it's a good thing.

yes 100% , and I'm afraid this podcast will just add more oil to the fire , because if chriss said (change was needed, they just went too far in some things and tried to change too many systems at once) this means he is waaaaay far from reality and people will get angrier, and next league we will see only bots playing and trying to sell other bots their exalts .
"
2Nuns1Cup wrote:
Hidden GGG employee - Wann4 Be GGG Employee - Sell Out - And A Man With A Dream And His Not Martin Luther King.

https://pastebin.com/5yNd5Sdu
( you gutted my build period, crit chance loss - flask nerfs - path finder nerfs - borderline unplayable - mirror tier gear - 10 seconds to kill forge of the phoenix boss - if my flasks are down i lose damage i don't have to begin with Gutted- and i have to stack wither stacks to do my non existent damage at this point )

https://pastebin.com/gqLHFZfQ ( a build i laid out for my friend that happens to be a gladiator and is jacked out of its mind with no legacy gear or no mirror gear in comparison it stands the same distance from a boss as i would. )

thats a perfect description of those in the podcast , dam man u hit the nail hard
Great,

Lets bring back communication into POE.

Well done GGG
Shag are you not using the CC option on YouTube
close captioning is pretty much the only current solution for hearing impaired.

too bad it won't make what Chris's says any more palatable.
"
KicsiSVK wrote:
Great,

Lets bring back communication into POE.

Well done GGG

It is not communication if you explicitly ask to not ask questions people want awnsers to...its just a bit of damage and pr controle...
I'll tune in until it's clear it's just another PR stunt, prolly be about 5 minutes...

Pretty sure, just as with all the letters from commander and chief Chris Wilson every league for the past year, this will be just another save face company PR Tactic. Only difference this one being within weeks of a league launch. One can only assume The sheer volume of players leaving the game, and the amount of MTX money was actually felt this time, and far beyond expectations.

I left the game before last league, and started playing Star Citizen, there's actually a comparison to be made. There is a mass exodus from Frontier's Elite Dangerous to Star Citizen, and the reasons are pretty comparable to the mistakes made by GGG. A management team so out of touch with what the masses of their player base wanted, they launched an expansion (Odyssey), and basically are nuking their own company.

Imagine what might happen here, if the majority of your player base has something else to look at ... *cough* New World *Cough* , *Chough* Lost Ark *Cough*

Some serious competition is coming, to turn a blind eye and ignore this fact is just plain ignorant.

I am sorry GGG, you are a business, not a dictatorship. Maybe you are finally, (after about a year and a half of me pointing this was coming), are starting to see that telling players what they will play instead of building on the success of what thrills the majority of your players doesn't work. Maybe finally the MTX revenue took enough of a hit eyes are finally looking at what they need to be looking at. (I honestly don't think it's quite at this point yet, but the true realization, might finally be upon us)

I'm not saying this isn't a salvageable situation, but damn it GGG, you better wake the F up.

As I've said before, to the minority that "Loves" these changes.. GGG is really counting on your wallets to be a lot deeper now. Good luck carrying on your back all the supporters they drove away.

Speaking of MTX, I'm really surprised there hasn't been a class action lawsuit for some type of fraud when it comes to this clear bait and switch selling of MTX. How many 100's of thousands has been spent on MTX over the years, just for 3 months later it be rendered all but useless. Not to mention when you could use the bought MTX on a build in leagues, it made the game virtually unplayable due to poor performance...

Honestly, the best aspect of this design team is the Artists. I mean 90% of the time the MTX is FLAT OUT AMAZING. I just hope if this company does go down, these guys and girls get picked up by team that knows how to run a business.
Last edited by JediWabbit on Aug 10, 2021, 11:58:06 AM
This might be spicy..hold on to your butts!
"
To be honest, I dont expect any substantial change would take place in 3.16. This podcast probably will be the same old PR bullshit again.

i have exactly the same expectations. Also the fact that they start talking already about 3.16 so early in the league is definitely not a good sign.
Lmaooo the Rats and Seagulls
"
Draggonden wrote:
"
NoyAvargel wrote:
mixing duplicated items from loot boxes? <3 pretty pls xD

Second this! FFS, even mobile games aren't this redonkulous. They at least have a pity system, or a duplicate currency that can upgrade something or purchase something else.

exactly i think they lose money from not doing something to make loot boxes more friendly

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info