Baeclast Podcast with Chris Wilson

Last edited by Sedes_Cruentes on Jan 5, 2024, 5:32:51 PM
Hi GGG

Thank you for taking the time to set up and do this podcast. I can certainly understand both major reasons given why communications have gone slack, but it is so vitally important.

I was very skeptical, frustrated and upset by the time the podcast came out, that I did not even wanted to watch it. I really felt like I am better off just trying to forget that PoE existed at all. I had concerns, that others have shared, and the lack of any communications, created 2 things that was really bad.

1. It created the sense that GGG just don't care about the players.

2. It opened a wide open space for trolls and haters to spread misinformation.

I think weekly discussions with community will be able to turn around the current opinion of the game. As I myself have understood some of the aspects and intent behind the announcement incorrectly. That was my bad, but could have been avoided if there was frequent open discussions and Q&As, that would have cleared up my incorrect take on what was said.

People are upset at this time, and it has gotten to a real bad state. So sticking your neck out now, will get your burnt, as there are many raging fires....., but please, don't turtle on us again, and because of all this anger hitting you revert back to no communications. Work through it. Once people see they are no longer shouting at a brick wall, they will stop shouting.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
"
dyneol wrote:

*sigh*
The point of the game is not to beat Maven. It's the way to get there. I rather make new builds than grind Maps with builds that 1shot everything till I get there. It's just not gameplay that I enjoy. I usually lose interest after a few maps and try different builds. And this league I die quite alot, I have to admit. I only play SSF HC and have been experimenting quite a lot this league.

Not that this is any of your business and in any way relevant to my argument - which is that it is GGG's vision to make the game more engaging and less of a walking simulator. You can dislike it all you want, that's just how it is. Looking up my profile does not change anything.

Again, I personally look forward to hard mode. Why do you guys care so much about that? Just because Zoomers can't appreciate a hard mode does not mean that nobody does. You still have your SC trade cheater league where you can burn out to your hearts content - which by the way is exactly the reason you are so extremely salty over this game and differing opinions.

I don't care about hard mode, as I said I'm happy for you if it's your cup of tea but I already have hard mode, I don't zoom through maps like you think, I don't kill Maven nor Sirus nor even Shaper or Elder.
Each league I try to finish the game, each league I fail and ragequit.
I just want them to make the endgame easier or at least make crafting more deterministic to gear our builds for endgame content.

What I don't like is that GGG thinks because of people like you that the whole game is too easy and then decides to nerf ALL players, making an endgame that was already hardcore where mobs stack millions of hp and thousands of dps even more unplayable.
I don't play zooming builds exploding the whole screen in seconds, I'm not a pro player getting exalts left and right each hour.
I play tanky builds with an hardcore mentality, builds with high leech, 80% phys res, all other res capped, fortify up and molten shell and only invest into dps to reach something between 500k and 1M on a budget with my own builds I spend hours theorycrafting to make the ultimate build able to finally finish the game without dying too much but GGG actively pushes the "zoom through maps or you are trash" meta by making monster damage ludicrously high.
If I managed to survive Sirus it would still take me 5 solid minutes to kill him but because of his mechanics requiring to dodge certain skills and things on the ground I often find myself dying without even understanding what happened.

Your opinion is your own and no one is salty about hard mode, it's even making me happier as I will maybe have my easy mode, don't call us cheaters or people who can't understand the opinions of others while you are actively making endgame harder when you don't even touch it. Consider trying mapping if you find the game too easy... It's not a walking simulator, it's a "wow your dead out of nowhere" simulator.

If I was able to craft my gear and farm uniques by myself I wouldn't trade and I'd even play SSF (not HC because I play on a laptop and sometimes the optimization kicks in and blurs my screen a bit, making everything blurry and impossible to see dangerous skills and attacks) but I just can't farm what I need for my builds in ssf because I just don't have the time to play 4 hours a day everyday, heck I don't even want to play anymore as the game just gets harder and harder the more you progress. I only trade after starting maps as trading is not needed during the acts, ground loot is enough to finish the base game and kill Kitava but is completely garbage to map. I don't want to trade, the trade system is slow, boring and requires a lot of time but I have to if I want to get to the endgame.

Seriously, consider mapping, it's hard, don't think it's a walking simulator...
Last edited by Ardrnobans on Aug 14, 2021, 4:43:23 AM
A really good podcast and I can't wait for the next one with Zizaran. People that send death threats to these streamers are absolutely disgusting.
"
Ardrnobans wrote:
"
dyneol wrote:

*sigh*
The point of the game is not to beat Maven. It's the way to get there. I rather make new builds than grind Maps with builds that 1shot everything till I get there. It's just not gameplay that I enjoy. I usually lose interest after a few maps and try different builds. And this league I die quite alot, I have to admit. I only play SSF HC and have been experimenting quite a lot this league.

Not that this is any of your business and in any way relevant to my argument - which is that it is GGG's vision to make the game more engaging and less of a walking simulator. You can dislike it all you want, that's just how it is. Looking up my profile does not change anything.

Again, I personally look forward to hard mode. Why do you guys care so much about that? Just because Zoomers can't appreciate a hard mode does not mean that nobody does. You still have your SC trade cheater league where you can burn out to your hearts content - which by the way is exactly the reason you are so extremely salty over this game and differing opinions.

I don't care about hard mode, as I said I'm happy for you if it's your cup of tea but I already have hard mode, I don't zoom through maps like you think, I don't kill Maven nor Sirus nor even Shaper or Elder.
Each league I try to finish the game, each league I fail and ragequit.
I just want them to make the endgame easier or at least make crafting more deterministic to gear our builds for endgame content.

What I don't like is that GGG thinks because of people like you that the whole game is too easy and then decides to nerf ALL players, making an endgame that was already hardcore where mobs stack millions of hp and thousands of dps even more unplayable.
I don't play zooming builds exploding the whole screen in seconds, I'm not a pro player getting exalts left and right each hour.
I play tanky builds with an hardcore mentality, builds with high leech, 80% phys res, all other res capped, fortify up and molten shell and only invest into dps to reach something between 500k and 1M on a budget with my own builds I spend hours theorycrafting to make the ultimate build able to finally finish the game without dying too much but GGG actively pushes the "zoom through maps or you are trash" meta by making monster damage ludicrously high.
If I managed to survive Sirus it would still take me 5 solid minutes to kill him but because of his mechanics requiring to dodge certain skills and things on the ground I often find myself dying without even understanding what happened.

Your opinion is your own and no one is salty about hard mode, it's even making me happier as I will maybe have my easy mode, don't call us cheaters or people who can't understand the opinions of others while you are actively making endgame harder when you don't even touch it. Consider trying mapping if you find the game too easy... It's not a walking simulator, it's a "wow your dead out of nowhere" simulator.

If I was able to craft my gear and farm uniques by myself I wouldn't trade and I'd even play SSF (not HC because I play on a laptop and sometimes the optimization kicks in and blurs my screen a bit, making everything blurry and impossible to see dangerous skills and attacks) but I just can't farm what I need for my builds in ssf because I just don't have the time to play 4 hours a day everyday, heck I don't even want to play anymore as the game just gets harder and harder the more you progress. I only trade after starting maps as trading is not needed during the acts, ground loot is enough to finish the base game and kill Kitava but is completely garbage to map. I don't want to trade, the trade system is slow, boring and requires a lot of time but I have to if I want to get to the endgame.

Seriously, consider mapping, it's hard, don't think it's a walking simulator...

That's not what they said. Your post is meaningless. He absolutely did not even remotely say that because hardmode is good, the game needs to be harder. I wont repeat 3 hours baeclast here, it would be pointless anyways. You haven't been listening to anything he said. Keep hating. I hope GGG wont falter, cuz ppl like you would immediately ruin the game. Communities are the worst game designer. As soon as game developers give up a vision in favor of community demands, the product will go to shit.
Last edited by dyneol on Aug 14, 2021, 8:48:30 AM
"
dyneol wrote:
As soon as game developers give up a vision in favor of community demands, the product will go to shit.

Meanwhile, before 3.13 GGG was actively listening to the community and the game was getting better and better. You apparently have no idea what you're talking about at all and you don't even understand the simple truth, a business is successful only when it satisfies the large consumer outreach.

Just an example:
You make patties and everyone likes them, but then you decide to change the ingredients and half of the customers stop buying the patties, will you continue making patties with the new ingredient or return to the old recipe?
✨ Beta tester Path of Nerf 👀
Last edited by spokipo on Aug 14, 2021, 9:47:16 AM
"
spokipo wrote:
"
dyneol wrote:
As soon as game developers give up a vision in favor of community demands, the product will go to shit.

Meanwhile, before 3.13 GGG was actively listening to the community and the game was getting better and better. You apparently have no idea what you're talking about at all and you don't even understand the simple truth, a business is successful only when it satisfies the large consumer outreach.

Just an example:
You make patties and everyone likes them, but then you decide to change the ingredients and half of the customers stop buying the patties, will you continue making patties with the new ingredient or return to the old recipe?

You gave a good example. I can add that if the ggg continue to follow their vision of the game, it could end very badly. The loss of profits for many companies ended in collapse. And this is exactly what is happening now (the company has already lost a lot of players, and may lose even more if it does not fix anything). All that was needed was to take a hardcore server and remake it for players who really want to ruin their nerves. And for ordinary, working people, leave a regular server, on which you can play without straining after a working day, in the company of friends.
"
dyneol wrote:

LOL except what is happening is the EXACT opposite
"Get your magic find characters ready!"
Last edited by Mike_Weiss on Aug 15, 2021, 2:48:25 AM
"
dyneol wrote:

That's not what they said. Your post is meaningless. He absolutely did not even remotely say that because hardmode is good, the game needs to be harder. I wont repeat 3 hours baeclast here, it would be pointless anyways. You haven't been listening to anything he said. Keep hating. I hope GGG wont falter, cuz ppl like you would immediately ruin the game. Communities are the worst game designer. As soon as game developers give up a vision in favor of community demands, the product will go to shit.

Do you realize GGG nerfed most builds to the ground and halved the dps on all my characters?

I'm not hating on anything, I don't call people cheaters or act offended and insulted with "sighs".

You keep insulting us and calling us cheaters, haters, liars and whatever else goes though your mind while what I ask for is to not make the endgame you don't even play harder.

Just don't tell GGG to make the endgame harder, that's it, some people here would like to fully enjoy the game.
If you just like to play the acts (which is considered by many as a tutorial) then complain about it being too easy, I don't mind but don't make the endgame harder, that's it, it won't affect you at all and I won't have to comment about it at all.

While you are at it, stop judging people and considering us as the bad guys, we are just human beings like you (albeit more tactful and polite) who want a playable game to relax where mobs don't one-shot us or take 1 hour to kill to loot garbage items.

I'm not a hater, I'm not a troll. I play the game since 2016 or 2015 and never had any reasons to comment here before until now, I grinded my teeth when they removed then added the nerfed harvest, I put up with the insane mob damage during mapping by telling myself that I was at fault for making bad builds or trying maps that were too challenging for me but this league, I just realised I wasn't the issue here, most people are like me suffering while GGG completely misses the point about how the majority of the playerbase wants while the small minority of people like you push for nerfs. Most of us don't want zoomy builds, heck I never had enough currencies to make one, I just simply want to finish the game at least once and to start enjoying myself instead of getting randomly killed by mobs or not having enough currencies, luck, time and all to farm for the items my builds need.
Last edited by Ardrnobans on Aug 15, 2021, 6:36:03 AM
nice
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info