Baeclast Podcast with Chris Wilson

Nice podcast!
"All that fancy sword swinging when all you need is one good stab."
"
spokipo wrote:
"
Sinaranu wrote:
This was painful to watch and it did nothing to make me want to support the game again.

So many of Chris' answers simply reinforced how disconnected GGG is from what is clearly a sizable part of the PoE community.

PoE for me is in such a bad, un-fun state. And that's genuinely sad because the game was so thoroughly enjoyable not too long ago.

I share your worries about this and also did not support this time.

"
Sierra275 wrote:

Not sure which Ziz video you're talking about, but I saw the one he did on crafting and he raises a lot of good points there which I hope GGG takes note of. But I don't think this FAQ was totally meaningless - it addressed some issues and concerns I personally had and which I have the impression are common in the community. Just because GGG doesn't give you want you want when you want it, or doesn't have exactly the same priorities you do, doesn't mean they're "not listening to the community" because the community is more than just you and the people who share your particular concerns and priorities.

Understand a simple thing, if something is taken away from you you expect something in return, but here you only got a broken game.

I'm having a hard time finding a video right now, I'm sorry, you can watch his latest video of what questions he says if you're a little satisfied with that.

Here's an opinion from famous figures:

Grimro:
Thoughts On The Downturn Of Trade League And The Future Of PoE

mbExtreme:
CURRENT STATE OF THE GAME & EXPEDITION FEEDBACK / THOUGHTS

Big Ducks:
The Future of Path of Exile and My Content

GhazzyTV:
Chris Wilson Discussion Post Baeclast | Path of Exile

The strongest argument is 50% of players and -5% rating in steam for one league, this has never happened. Why don't you see the obvious.

steamdb
steamcharts

Steam reviews

You think this is all a joke?

People make attempts to be relevant with dialectics. In dialectic diatribe, a whole lot is said, the obvious truth is omitted from the conversation, and afterwards, one will walk away feeling more confused than at the beginning of said diatribe.

Hey Chris, a good chunk of your dedicated player-base have walked away from path of Nerfs. That's the truth, let it sink in.
My 2cents.

Chris & the founders are obsessed with some basic 'hard' mode where it takes 3 months to reach maps. It's a bit like a millionaire who drives around in a beat up old ute, as he likes the feeling of doing it tough, even though he has access to drive any Ferrari or whatever he likes.

I feel he also sees the POE community as representative of the 6000 odd that took part in last league's HCSSF gauntlet. From the feedback I have seen, it is apparent this is not the case.

I accept nerfs, but make then specifically targeted, not fuck just about all skills. I come home from work and want to play some hours of killing shit & getting shiny shit. Not dying to every mob, and spending 2 weeks pouring over the wiki and POB. I have put many hours into POB, but every league they fuck the build that I finally got right.

I agree with most comments in this thread on trade & crafting. My big beef is the campaign. In its current state GGG need not worry about getting any new players. I was stupid enough to play molten strike with my favourite marauder and it was brutal and frustrating. I spent the first two regions running back to town/logging out every cou0ple of minutes to get my three flasks to charge back up. I only continued as I knew Act 2 would be more forgiving, although the flask system when levelling is fucked. Easy fixed, in the campaign, make Life & Mana flasks (only) recharge automatically & progressively. I don't want to play as a pathfinder.

Cheers!
Ok, after coolling down the act statement i watched the podcast further.

No i still hate acts and completely disagree with the so called make the acts more challenging then it will be fun. It would be for standard, where people occasionally do acts once a couple of years for a character, but not in leagues where people do it several times.

People complain about the hard-mode, i think it's a a good idea, because allot of the yea Sayers to the great 3.15 fantastic nerf patch want it even harder. Now we can say, ok stfu, go play hardmode and leave us alone. (the majority probably won't because they are just trolls, they want just to be more powerful then anyone who has less time or less skilled and feel godlike)

I guess a lot of the problems can be solved by itemization and a decent trade system. What they (GGG) seems to forget is they build the whole progress system about trading, whatever you do, me the casual sucky player has to trade to progress, something i hate and i hate it more each league.

If i want to progress, since usable items never drop, i need to trade. If i want to craft i need to trade (or a shitload of currency to start and i never have that, so crafting myself is impossible, i just buy the leftover not perfect crafts from the teams that do have collective money)

If i want to focus on certain content need to trade, since nothing can sustain itself. Even just doing maps, say high tier it's a real struggle to get it going by yourself as Mr casual.

Eventually progress is going so slow, that i lose interest, not because there is no upgrade room, but the upgrades itself are so much of a hussle that it is not worth it anymore.

If GGG wants a better retention, because better retention is potentially more money, they need to make progressing accessible and constant, be it by a decent Auction house so i frankly can trade in a normal matter, without constant waiting and messaging. So many people ask for it but they just refuse it, even in this podcast.. and it's stupid, because it would improve the game so much for so many people.

But on the other side, if i could sustain stuff easier myself (at least till yellow maps seem OK, still the maps you need to progress never drop early on, it's always what you don't want or need) and this could so easily be solved, if a map drops by the current drop rules, just check, maven run, yes then drop something else, are there maps not completed of this tier, then drop those, or give a high chance for it, instead of the current way.. the current way map drops/completing atlas sucks, i don't want it smaller, i want it to be faster. It can be 100 maps, i don't care.. if i still don't get the maps i need i am at the exact same point as i am now.

I don't mind to do whatever maven, but i hate that i never have the maps do him, when at map drops it's always the fkn map i did her on, that's the problem, not the the amount, i start to hate completing the atlas when i have uncompleted maps and not have the map to complete it.

Last edited by Shadeless01 on Aug 13, 2021, 4:32:34 AM
Last edited by Sedes_Cruentes on Jan 5, 2024, 5:34:16 PM
"
supadup6 wrote:
My 2cents.

Chris & the founders are obsessed with some basic 'hard' mode where it takes 3 months to reach maps. It's a bit like a millionaire who drives around in a beat up old ute, as he likes the feeling of doing it tough, even though he has access to drive any Ferrari or whatever he likes.

I feel he also sees the POE community as representative of the 6000 odd that took part in last league's HCSSF gauntlet. From the feedback I have seen, it is apparent this is not the case.

I accept nerfs, but make then specifically targeted, not fuck just about all skills. I come home from work and want to play some hours of killing shit & getting shiny shit. Not dying to every mob, and spending 2 weeks pouring over the wiki and POB. I have put many hours into POB, but every league they fuck the build that I finally got right.

I agree with most comments in this thread on trade & crafting. My big beef is the campaign. In its current state GGG need not worry about getting any new players. I was stupid enough to play molten strike with my favourite marauder and it was brutal and frustrating. I spent the first two regions running back to town/logging out every cou0ple of minutes to get my three flasks to charge back up. I only continued as I knew Act 2 would be more forgiving, although the flask system when levelling is fucked. Easy fixed, in the campaign, make Life & Mana flasks (only) recharge automatically & progressively. I don't want to play as a pathfinder.

Cheers!

This game was intended to be hard from the get go. If you want to play some walking simulator while you watch some mundane tv shows, you might wanna consider your game choices.

Also, he explained all about hard mode in great detail. You chose to ignore all of it.

I personally really look forward to hard mode!
For the general point of view very nice communication effort, i really hope this will continue.
For the particular point of view stating that Harvers is in a good spot is quite unbelivable to me.

Great discussion! Chris clearing up things around Atlas changes helps me feel confident for the future of POE. Im not the Masochist mode kind of guy, but im glad you guys have a vanity project.
...Chief Arkhon of the Oriath Academy....
"
dyneol wrote:

This game was intended to be hard from the get go. If you want to play some walking simulator while you watch some mundane tv shows, you might wanna consider your game choices.

Also, he explained all about hard mode in great detail. You chose to ignore all of it.

The game became popular precisely when it became available to the player.
✨ Beta tester Path of Nerf 👀
"
dyneol wrote:
"
supadup6 wrote:
My 2cents.

Cheers!

May I ask if you managed to finish the endgame content such as Maven and Sirus? Your account is set to private and I notice you only have 7 achievements done at the moment.

If you indeed manage to kill Maven, Sirus, The Harvest Lady and all the bosses reliably each league without spending 4 hours per day during 3 month to do so I'm sure you will love hard mode but if you didn't you should try to do that, it's hard enough imo and people actually managing to do it are somewhat rare (15% of regular players at most I'd think).

Anyway, I think that the game is already hard enough looking at how the playerbase spends hundreds of hours playing without managing to "finish" the game once (me included, over 900 hours of playtime on steam yet I can't finish the damn game, I've never invested myself so much in a game in terms of time and theorycrafting yet I still struggle and I'm really losing my nerves when people complain about the game being too easy.

GGG should just implement an easy mode for the majority of players and newcomers, they'd get a lot more customers (I've tried to play with 5 friends over the years and only one stuck with the game, the 4 others said the game was too bloated, complicated, hard and not fun).
Last edited by Ardrnobans on Aug 13, 2021, 2:24:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info