Baeclast Podcast with Chris Wilson

will rolback 3.13 patch?
Will Buff support gems and gems to?

if it won't, I'll never play again
"
ZionHalcyon wrote:
I got even further in the podcast, and Chris Wilson basically confirmed he and his team do NOT get it. Like ACTIVELY.

He said he wants it to go AWAY from bosses dropping uniques, and just have the excitement of things in a random drop pool that you might only see once every 3 leagues or so.

Chris keeps going back to the example of opening boosters for Magic the gathering.

1h10m56s into the interview I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88N4s2qxRIM&t=4256s

I think where Chris has it wrong is where he supports the idea of adding more rng god-tier items to the 'core drop pool' like headhunter at the expense of not allowing players to target farm items themselves.

I see no reason why we can't have both. A mixture of powerful god-tier items thrown into the core drop pool (with a low chance to obtain) with high rng, and boss/region specific targeting for boss/region exclusive uniques; they should experiment by doing a little bit of both imho.

Mjölnir for example is one of my favorite items in the game. I would like to always be able to farm it in SSF at a specific boss. 'The Avenger' is one such divination card that allows you to 'sort of' work towards doing that if the map the divination card drops from is in the current map pool (Primordial Blocks, or the Putrid Cloister unique map boss Headmistress Braeta).
Last edited by TheIronBankofBraavos on Aug 12, 2021, 1:19:07 AM
From some of the tl;dw versions I've seen out there..

The only big take is that you realize that the map grind to reach the actual endgame is stupidly long and you're going to cut it and it's a good move..

The rest... is something that only actions will speak.

"players want to go back to certain patch we want to know what made it so good" people is telling you but it keeps falling on deaf ears and blind eyes.. so which is? then he said that he wants people to play the content but yet logbooks on this league are still garbage and people seems to somewhat enjoy them for the loot.. it's mixed signs.

I'm not going to bother for the rest but these are my biggest take away from this..

And people falling already on the "hype train" when the current league is barely 1 month old the cycle is about to repeat.. yet again.
Don't be a poe stan. Use your fucking brain.
"
Kulthanel wrote:

And people falling already on the "hype train" when the current league is barely 1 month old the cycle is about to repeat.. yet again.

“The whole secret lies in confusing the enemy, so that he cannot fathom our real intent.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
chris youre a genuine human being, every poe player i know well in dischord and irl through guilds ive been in over the years has nothing but love for you and all the devs who have gone on the various podcasts over the years.

i know a lot of people are gonna misinterpret things said, theres gonna be hate from the corners that just want to hate. some good people genuinely wont agree with everything, i dont agree with everything and theres stuff id push back on, have an expanded dialogue on.

but i think were lucky to have you guys as devs, i dont see any other devs coming on podcasts like this repeatedly over the years and having fairly frank discussions. it shows a lot of respect to the player base, even if they dont all see it, and even if they dont all show it back i take my hat off to you and so do all the people in my circles.

sending all my love and good vibes to the whole GGG team, been a rough couple of weeks. not everything is gonna work, mistakes will be made, thats what comes with pushing out more content every 3 months than a game like diablo 3 puts in every 2 years, and thats also why this is the best arpg ever made.
'
Last edited by HoneyBadGerMan on Aug 12, 2021, 1:46:48 AM
"
"
ZionHalcyon wrote:
I got even further in the podcast, and Chris Wilson basically confirmed he and his team do NOT get it. Like ACTIVELY.

He said he wants it to go AWAY from bosses dropping uniques, and just have the excitement of things in a random drop pool that you might only see once every 3 leagues or so.

Chris keeps going back to the example of opening boosters for Magic the gathering.

1h10m56s into the interview I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88N4s2qxRIM&t=4256s

I think where Chris has it wrong is where he supports the idea of adding more rng god-tier items to the 'core drop pool' like headhunter at the expense of not allowing players to target farm items themselves.

I see no reason why we can't have both. A mixture of powerful god-tier items thrown into the core drop pool (with a low chance to obtain) with high rng, and boss/region specific targeting for boss/region exclusive uniques; they should experiment by doing a little bit of both imho.

Mjölnir for example is one of my favorite items in the game. I would like to always be able to farm it in SSF at a specific boss. 'The Avenger' is one such divination card that allows you to 'sort of' work towards doing that if the map the divination card drops from is in the current map pool (Primordial Blocks, or the Putrid Cloister unique map boss Headmistress Braeta).

we can have both, i think chris wants us to have both. problem is we didnt really have many in the core drop pool. all the valuable uniques for a long time were special boss loot table only. normal people mapping had no hope of finding awesome items, they were all raced to by the 0.001% elite at the start of a league, cornered then mass farmed to the point of economic saturation by these small groups buying out all the sets which basically meant you have these guilds who are making 30+ mirrors in the first 2 weeks while joe blogs running yellow tier maps has 0 stuff apart from a mirror that can drop in his next map, and a mirror will never drop even if he maps for another 10,000 hours.

that was the games problem that needed solved. i dont think hes saying you cant have both.
What 95% of players want:
1. Predictable crafting
2. Trading which is respectful for my time
3. Flask piano
4. AOE-looting
5. A tonnes of QOL
6. Zoom-zoom - a short game session of 2-3 minutes, not 15 minutes per map.

What GGG do:
1. Anything else

It's - the craziest egoism.
And a well predictable way to continue to lose profit.

Why you don't want to have 500k users or 1 million?
It a simple - just give them what they want.
Last edited by SantaClaus1024 on Aug 12, 2021, 2:17:18 AM
Just roll back the nerfs of the jars and gems. Why are these useless podcasts? Show with your actions that you want to return the players!
Halfway through the interview, and all I heard where excuses and good intentions for the upcoming patches. Don't get me wrong, the changes they suggest sound good, at least if they really are going to be implemented.

But what about further emergency changes to 3.15? Are we just left with a bad state of the game for the next 2 month? In that case I will probably quit the league quite soon and don't even come back for the promised changes in the next patch out of disappointment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info