Feedback on Colourblind Support for Gem Sockets

Hey, Whats the point of marking the sockets if i dont know the colour of the gem im gonna put in them? Is there going to be a change in gem colour/shape to make them distinguible ???

While this is a bit small, this is what I'd like to see, it also isn't too far off what we already have with the absyall socket, for continuaty.

"
Adokas_ wrote:
Hey, Whats the point of marking the sockets if i dont know the colour of the gem im gonna put in them? Is there going to be a change in gem colour/shape to make them distinguible ???

3 sided polygon for R E D
4 sided polygon for B L U E
5 sided polygon for G R E E N

Like this, although it would need to be rotated 45 DEG to avoid the upwards linking issue, but you get the idea.

Last edited by DeeUU8938 on Sep 1, 2021, 5:07:07 AM
"
Jamesborg99 wrote:
I'm not a coloblind person, but is there not a problem with Blue pointing up and links also pointing up?

honestly, my mind is blown that noone noticed this before posting the screenshot.

just make the sockets distinct shapes like in early poe and stop insisting on your "artistic vision" that would be ruined (like with the discussion about bloom).

edit: also use websites that simulate color blindness if you upload a screenshot. seriously, the technology has been there for many, many years. and disclaimer: i'm not color blind, but the option makes sense. i design reports and dashboards and colors and shapes are very important there.
Last edited by dachoppa on Sep 1, 2021, 5:12:46 AM
"
DeeUU8938 wrote:

Like this, although it would need to be rotated 45 DEG to avoid the upwards linking issue, but you get the idea.

a star bleu for the magic.
a sharp triangle green, like the head of an arrow.
a square red for the strength.
and a circle white for the neutral.

and the result is mush easier to see than count the number of small triangle

"
GKPlight wrote:
Last edited by GKPlight on Sep 1, 2021, 5:14:18 AM
"
GKPlight wrote:
"
DeeUU8938 wrote:

a star bleu for the magic.
a sharp triangle green, like the head of an arrow.
a square red for the strength.
and a circle white for the neutral.

Yeah, I am not opposed to either, anything is better than it is now as I am one of the people who literally can't tell red sockets from green sockets currently.
Last edited by DeeUU8938 on Sep 1, 2021, 5:13:24 AM
"
Naraxan wrote:
Why don`t you put blue mark at 45 deg, green at 135 deg, red at 225 deg and white at 315 deg? It wont`t collide with the links that way.

That would be perfect!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Why not just add a big letter in the middle of the socket?

R = Red
W = White
G = Green
B = Blue

Quite simple really
I dont even have a problem with my eyes, but this notch solution ... I barely can see it. Maybe the staff that is responsible for the change should do some workshops on how to improve UIs for colourblind people. Terrible solution with the notches.
I am R/G deficient and am surprised that ya'll have finally decided to listen to the community regarding this topic after 8+ years.

As so many people have already stated, the small notch isn't very noticable and the blue sockets will disappear if linked to something above it.

One idea brought forward from many years ago was to have different shapes for each color, such as

However, that image was before white sockets and abyssal sockets.

I really like this idea from Hell_Diguner of putting the first letter of the color inside the socket.

with the addition of W for white sockets, and A for abyssal sockets.

Edit: Heck, don't even worry about what I said regarding abyssal sockets; they already have a distinctive shape hehehe.
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
Last edited by Bjorn_Angannon on Sep 1, 2021, 5:58:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info