Feedback on Colourblind Support for Gem Sockets

"
oxhid3 wrote:
why not having little letters? could be inside or to one side, quite distinguishable and readable

How will you see this letter when there is a stone in the socket?
my hideouts - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3228515
"
Inferiallus wrote:
Just better text color and aesthetics for sockets.
That should be enough.

See comment just above, that doesn't work for every language. Looking at supported languages, this doesn't work for at least French and Portuguese.
"
moonretealoud wrote:
"
oxhid3 wrote:
why not having little letters? could be inside or to one side, quite distinguishable and readable

How will you see this letter when there is a stone in the socket?

same logic applies to gems (the letter overlays)
"
Nabeshin4 wrote:
For some actual colourblind feedback (protanopia) instead of people trying to guess what issues we have:

I didn't have many issues with the current in-game look, blue isn't a issue for protan, and red/green are very easy to distinguish, with red being way darker, and shiny upper left on green. I even tried disabling my gpu colour settings for some time, and even without them it's currently all good for me in PoE. Improvements are nice but don't feel necessary to me.

I don't think there's any issue with the mark on top for blue ones as many people are pointing, even if a link is on it, it doesn't matter as long as the other 2 look very different. Maybe it could become an issue with the white socket and full or blue colourblind people (both very rare), I'm not even sure though, white will appear way lighter than every other for them I guess?

The only thing really annoying in game at the moment for me is looking at anoints on the passive tree, oils have no name and many of them look very similar. But that's such a niche case I don't really care about it.

Oh right! Totally didn't think about the colours of the oil! Hope GGG will put this on the same priority as the socket colours since anointing oils are core to the game.

hello another idea , using sector like the disposable of str/ dext / int node in the tree

white color no change

three color one should replace white socket too :D

Fast edit but maybe something like this would be better
While this would help, it would be better in my opinion to add a colorblind mode toggle which lets us choose which color we want each slot type to be. This allows for any type of colorblindness to make it work for them.
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
"

Wow, it looks nice!

And I have another idea. When you have gem in cursor then certain symbol will appear on that gem or when you press button for "show sockets", then the certain symbol will appear on all gems.
Last edited by Inferiallus on Sep 1, 2021, 7:43:20 AM
Wow! Statistically there should be less than 0.02% of the population colorblind, and like 80% of the with chance of fast leaving.
AND You are noticing them while the rest 99% of the population is absolutely unhappy, and start to hate the game, and you are ignoring them ?!

Interesting ! Absolutely interesting.

If You wanna make them happy - just put a color filter on front of DX Renderer, with color switching bit bathing - it's like 100 rows of code dude !
To switch the red to blue, or red to green or etc.
DONE ! Childplay.
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
Last edited by BlazeSTX on Sep 1, 2021, 7:44:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info