Feedback on Colourblind Support for Gem Sockets

"
King_of_Ashes wrote:
i would add line in the description of the item near the top or in the item requirement line as
"Links : G G B R" -> not linked
"Links : G G-W-R" -> green white and red linked, 1 green not linked
"Links : R-R-R-G-W-B" -> all linked
its more friendly

As a colorblind player I found other games that use this solution but I find it pretty meh. It helps much more to have a first glance solution, and not having to read somewhere the info. In WoW for example I ended using addons and not the ingame colorblind options which changed a lot of icons for bland letters.
I went for the image and the falowing discussion even before reading the text. My first impression was that it was too little signaling, and then there is the problem people point out about blue sockets.

If instead of lines, you guys worked with the outside circle? Like, using the same design phylosophy, dividing the outside circle im 3 regions and signaling each one by making the color shade darker/lighter in that region.
How to differentiate blues and whites? Depending on the position of the linked sockets, it will not be possible
We could see initial letters when we press alt :

B 3R G

or

B R R R G
I don't find this very clear(granted, I am not color blind). I feel like shapes would be more intuitive. Or # of notches(all same direction). 1 for red, 2 for green, 3 for blue, 4 for white? And whatever for Abyss sockets?
Great you guys are listening to your community as a whole.

However, why do you need to change sockets for the remaining 90% or more of the playerbase that can see colors normally by adding weird things sticking out of the sockets ruining the fidelity of the socket art?

Will this color-blind-mode be an option in the settings, or will this be forced as a blanket for everyone because of 10% or less of the playerbase?

If this is an option in the settings, great - awesome!

If this is forced upon me - WTF?
This is far too subtle, especially when many causes of colourblindness also cause general visual acuity problems. Colourblind accessibility options must be easily distinguishable without players needing to strain their vision or lean in close to the the screen, and this is not the case.

This is a case where you must sacrifice aesthetic for accessibility.
"
TOP_Commander wrote:
Great you guys are listening to your community as a whole.

However, why do you need to change sockets for the remaining 90% or more of the playerbase that can see colors normally by adding weird things sticking out of the sockets ruining the fidelity of the socket art?

Will this color-blind-mode be an option in the settings, or will this be forced as a blanket for everyone because of 10% or less of the playerbase?

If this is an option in the settings, great - awesome!

If this is forced upon me - WTF?

Exactly, WTF?
I appreciate the effort, but I think maybe adding the letters (W/B/G/R) in the background of the socket would be better, the notches blend too much together and are hard to see.
The blue notch pointing up seems like a bad choice.
Softcore, solo self-found.
-----Currently: -----
Storm Call Occultist in Affliction

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info