Feedback on Colourblind Support for Gem Sockets

"
Lucavrael wrote:
How to differentiate blues and whites? Depending on the position of the linked sockets, it will not be possible

What type of colour blindness has any issue with white/blue?
Being red-green deficient I'd suggest removing the outer shadow on the sockets. It would make the colours stand out more. Could be toggle in the UI menu.
In my case I struggle much more with the gems themselves. The red and green gems look almost identical to me. I've always wished I was able to change the colour of green gems to yellow or turquoise for example.
Weird you say:
"
We look forward to seeing you there and hearing your thoughts!

But yesterday:

"
although you should still expect the usual assortment of buffs and nerfs to specific skills.

The "general" feedback is that people is already not having it anymore with your "vision" aka more nerfs.
Don't be a poe stan. Use your fucking brain.
Nice work to try to do something for colorblind people.
Anyways I dont have enough infos about color blind and which color they cant see but here is my notes:
- It is better to not use these angles 0, 90, 180, 270 because according to the socket location and links sometimes the notch will not appear as we can see with the blue socket in the picture.
- I would prefer something more markable like what people said before me (changing the socket shape) and of course make it able from setting to use original socket shape or colorbline socket shape.

Make it optional.

If you force this on 90%++ of the playerbase because of color-blind people then that's wrong.
Last edited by TOP_Commander on Aug 31, 2021, 8:10:19 PM
I like the idea but maybe have 2 lines that are wider so the blue would still be seen when in a socket that links to another socket above it? like this maybe? https://ibb.co/wRNm4Qm
As a red-green colorblind, the notches are not distinct enough. The change has to be OBVIOUS for us to pick it out. Make it ugly, we don't care, as long as we can see it. Just make it optional so others don't see it so they won't complain about it.
As a company, it's probably more important to seem like you're trying to help than to actually help. Because of this, the "opt-in/out" feature needs to be promoted.

Also, you really should be talking to experts in the field and not all these arm-chair optometrists.
Notches are way to subtle imo I'm not colorblind and have trouble with seeing them

Why not change the shape a bit? Maybe start with a hexagon and add sides for different variations?
"
HardSide wrote:
I appreciate the effort, but I think maybe adding the letters (W/B/G/R) in the background of the socket would be better, the notches blend too much together and are hard to see.

This, just put a letter in the center of the socket that matches the color, and have the ability for players to turn it off if they dont like it. Also, add an A for abyssal sockets just for completeness.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info