PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

Community Podcast with Chris Wilson, Ghazzy, Grimro and Crouching Tuna

Oh boy what happened to good old poe :(
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
"
Simondererste wrote:
Was a nice podcast. Liked it even more than the others.
Chris is not always right, but at least he tries to explain his points.
Some explanations are understandable but most that goes against qol are ridiculous.
If the 3 month cycle is continued, GGG has to think about in which timeframe a capable player is able to achieve x.
If i only reach early red maps without Sirus or even below that, than i won't get to endgame and will get bored.
Maybe GGG should promote standard more for that?

I hope communications will get better, as well as a big chunk of qol for PoE.

I think 3 month cycle is fine, no need to change that.
Some players reach endgame in week 1, some players never, so not everyone should reach endgame IMO.
Best one so far. Alot of questions and answers.

Still dont agree that randomly finding a powerful item is more exciting than crafting your own or target farm.
GGG is doing their best to rectify the mess , something gr8 , I like to see their actions also not only words and interviews.

having said that I want to point out some of the positives and negatives I see and that's my personal opinion

positives

1- smaller 4 zones atlas ,100 maps
2- new unique items will be meaningfully and good
3- instead of releasing 19 skill gems at once, release only few but good ones
4- working out better defenses and better flask systems.
5- the end game as I understand will get a big revisit and improvements
6- the plan to have a dynamic end game that will change with every new league
7- huge work to fix performance problems

negatives

1- while harvest is not the answer to crafting , I dnt think RNG and gambling is a good system as well, it removes a lot of the game aspiration and makes it all about grinding currency.

2- trade system is suffering QOL , leaving map for trade is the worst feeling , and whispering 20 people to get one item is a game breaker.

3- secretly nerfing currency drops , and nerfing things in general making the game super grindy and rippy and basically not worth it playing in terms of time / reward return on investment.

4- still no solution to over clicking , no AOE looting , or loot pet or something ...

5- comparing POE to D2 , this is starting to feel sad and bad

6- some people like slow game play , I dnt , I just hate it. if I want slow there are other games balanced around slow game play . but I play POE .

7- GGG knows about all these issues and insist on keep all the solutions hostage while most of these can be solved easily.

Again thanks for all the huge work , looking forward to see the game at its peak again soon.
"
Marxone wrote:
This podcast shows why Dodge is the best defense :)

Nailed it!
You know what they could do?
Rebuff garden, but "equip 1 harvest crafted item per char".
This gives you 1 item to chase via the mechanic; Making it impactful (like lab)
instead of this vapid gamblecrafting / it limits the power level wildfire feared by chris / and still keeps the insane fun of crafting projects.
Soulbind counters both hyper-inflation and "trade value loss", as normal crafting remains needed for 94% of item slots.

If nothing else, it could be a way to switch up the game for a league or two
Not really into crafting or that much trading and all, but when he means "Perfect Item", I hope he means he doesn't want an singular Item that can fit perfectly into every build in the game.
Last edited by RevPortal_PoE_CH on Sep 6, 2021, 1:36:18 PM
It'd be nice if you added time stamps for each major topic of discussion.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
He has his own vision about the game (with which I don't rally agree) but stubbornly refusing even QoL changes that players have been asking for in years makes absolutely no sense and simply proves he doesn't even play his own game.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Sep 6, 2021, 3:32:09 PM
much love chris <3

cheers for everything you do big man.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info