Community Podcast with Chris Wilson, Ghazzy, Grimro and Crouching Tuna

thats nice and all, but when is 3.13 coming out?
"
While I don't see 'eye to eye' with Chris and his team on everything (I'd like to see more endgame content become accessible for off-meta builds), I really appreciate that he takes the time to give these in-depth interviews on a rather consistent basis. It also serves another equally important purpose in respect to shielding his development team from any direct flak or criticism coming out of our passionate community; criticism which might at times be 'over the top' in regards to its tone or delivery.

But endgame content is already accessible for off-meta builds. Its just not many pick them, because meta builds are too strong. Next few waves of nerfs will solve that problem. Learn to plan your builds, use skills to dodge one shot mobs and bosses, if there are big pack of monster just lure them one by one. Use brain while playing. Future nerfs will help keep balance in future, but mobs could be more tanky to force more strategic approach on players.

Good luck!
Last edited by typhn on Sep 6, 2021, 9:22:36 PM
"
Mokurp wrote:
well kinda more of the same, talking his vision but i disagree with this idea of never get perfect itens is a 3 months cicle anyways with the 3.13 harvest to make a perfect item take 2+ weeks farming a lot is not free craft, and need craft 9-10 itens plus jewels(without the craft well why botter play? to try the 0.00001% gamble? to try drop a item on the flor?

Yeah, I'm on the same boat.

This podcast was a interesting, but sadly unable to add much.

For me only one that came closer to the reason 1/3 of players didn't join league launch was Ziz.

-I'm not starting a league to MAYBE have ONE good item after 2 months, specially if any build that actually seems fun doesn't work.
-Not going through 6+ hours of the same story, to then play more 20+ hours just to fix the base of end game.
-Specially, not playing the game if I'm on red maps, but I still feel like crawling out of Lioneye's Watch and everything is slow.
It's kinda surprising to sit through the entire podcast without any discussion about adding an auction house feature in PoE anytime soon

"
Fyradann wrote:
It's kinda surprising to sit through the entire podcast without any discussion about adding an auction house feature in PoE anytime soon

it's been discussed. the result has been that they would like to have one in but not in the way people expect it to be.

so you would have a auction for a week and people could offer for that item in that time and you cant get it back for one week.

---

i'm impressed they found streamers that seriously suggest players should be able to always craft their own items and not rely on trade to get upgrades

m-(

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Very good questions from the guys, I am also happy with honesty from Chris. I am optimistic in regard the next league, hopefully it will be less painful to play, I really hope that the team brings back chase uniques and specific builds, even if nerfed in damage, but keeping the mechanic working. For example self chill jewel is totally ruined and cannot be used anymore, its not a nerf its deleting one or more complete builds.
More of these, please.

Maybe I am too optimistic, but it seems that after each podcast, Chris takes away a little something, and gets back in to tune with the community. It's a process, but if it works, it works.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info