Streamer Interview - Velyna

Now if only she didn't love playing Cyclone all the time.

Cos I'm sick of Cyclone all the time. :|
"
Melaviy wrote:
"
cimmerian32 wrote:
Have you ever followed a build guide? Watched a youtube video explaining a mechanic, a boss fight or even just vendor recipes? Ever used the wiki to figure out something in game? Ever used poe.trade? poe.labs? poe.ninja?

Then you have benefited from the work of a streamer.

Stop saying GGG should ignore streamers, or not feature streamer news or articles in the announcements. This game would not be anywhere near as fun or as "doable" without streamers.

And, as streamers go, Velyna definitely deserves some attention. She is one of the most watchable streamer personalities on twitch. She KNOWS the game, and doesn't mind at all helping others to learn it.

Grats on the recognition, Vel! It is very much deserved!

All this news about streamers, their priorities, the balance for them - has long and greatly annoyed part of the community. People want changes for players, not streamers.

Ah yes of course. Don't like the game balance? It must be cos of streamers!

It couldn't possibly be because they have the aggregated data from tens of thousands of players no, it must be those damn evil streamers ruining it all!
Last edited by Exile009 on Sep 17, 2021, 2:49:05 AM
Pepsicle
Who?
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Melaviy wrote:
"
cimmerian32 wrote:
Have you ever followed a build guide? Watched a youtube video explaining a mechanic, a boss fight or even just vendor recipes? Ever used the wiki to figure out something in game? Ever used poe.trade? poe.labs? poe.ninja?

Then you have benefited from the work of a streamer.

Stop saying GGG should ignore streamers, or not feature streamer news or articles in the announcements. This game would not be anywhere near as fun or as "doable" without streamers.

And, as streamers go, Velyna definitely deserves some attention. She is one of the most watchable streamer personalities on twitch. She KNOWS the game, and doesn't mind at all helping others to learn it.

Grats on the recognition, Vel! It is very much deserved!

All this news about streamers, their priorities, the balance for them - has long and greatly annoyed part of the community. People want changes for players, not streamers.

Ah yes of course. Don't like the game balance? It must be cos of streamers!

It couldn't possibly be because they have the aggregated data from tens of thousands of players no, it must be those damn evil streamers ruining it all!

Well to be fair, just look at the recent nerfs... Top-end players destroying bosses in seconds, therefor nerf it all to the ground just to have top-end players still destroying bosses in seconds, yet everyone else is struggling... Imo his point of view was valid, i have the same feeling.. trying to balance the game around people who have insane amount of time to play, while almost only affecting casuals..
Man I love Vel, she is such a gem in this community <3
Is life really interesting enough to warrant all these pain?
"
colorgb wrote:

I love this, even before I asked the internet who/what they are.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Very much enjoyed reading this streamer interview. Very good insights. Thank you for this.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
I have the impression that this game is made for a specific group ... Groups of people who have a lot of time and do not work, or maybe just make money on it? So this group became the favorites, and someone who wants to rest after work and chill out in front of PoE has no chance ... The game gets too convoluted, complicated ... And each subsequent season introduces so many changes that even if you learned something by tiring tutorials is no longer up to date. Even often a build that you wanted to do in the new season does not make sense ...

Millions of players are leaving WoW. The current league has shown that a lot of people have stopped playing poe as well. Most of the society, and mostly beginners, are not able to achieve at least 40% of the game content ... I have always tried my hand at doing something my own, not taking any builds from other players. When, after a few seasons, I managed to "improve" what I was creating to the playable state and reach the next stages (Sirus and stronger boss), the current season destroyed it ...

Many good titles lack Developers who would listen to the gaming community. Not everyone has time to drill and learn the game from the guides. I guess HnH is about dropping and getting better weapons, things to craft. And in PoE you have to read guides and pray that at the start or after some time our build does not get a nerf. After how many times you can go back and forth acts ... There should be an option to skip that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info