💖[3.23]💖 Kayn's Icicle Mine Assassin Guide

Give it to me straight: How much of a RIP is this? :C
How good is survivability without mageblood? I already have power charge rings and currency to fund rest of the items, but I'm not sure if it'll be worth it to invest into it if I'll die every other map.
Honest review - 6-7/10

Really fun to play - I've got about 150-175 ex into the character and just destroy end bosses (which is expected). Leaves a bit to be desired in mapping and unfortunately the survivability just isn't there without Mageblood. This build definitely rewards good positioning and placement - I am used to HH giga buffed chars so this is new for me.

I would recommend if you enjoy boss farming - however deep delve (750 depth) are proving pretty impossible from a survival and damage perspective at this point and mapping is pretty annoying. I need some more levels and have tried determin/defiance banner setup as well as a more DPS focused hatred setup. TBH you will die randomly either way in maps lol - may as well have more damage.

Might save up for a Mageblood and see how it feels but I think I will sell this char and go back to a pure mapper.

Kayn is a great guy and super helpful with any questions!
"
XRoentgen wrote:
How good is survivability without mageblood? I already have power charge rings and currency to fund rest of the items, but I'm not sure if it'll be worth it to invest into it if I'll die every other map.

With determination and petro blood alone will you be capeble of tanking multiple minotaur slams with or without your guard skill.

Just use the defencive layers i listed in the guide and you will hit 15-20k armour with 3 endurance charges and around 30% chance to evade with 15% chance to not take damage at all even if it hits you (aspect of the cat).

I would say its a safe pick if you follow the guide. :)
"

Give it to me straight: How much of a RIP is this? :C

Thats just fine, thats way better then 20/20 ;)
"
Werdy wrote:
Honest review - 6-7/10

Really fun to play - I've got about 150-175 ex into the character and just destroy end bosses (which is expected). Leaves a bit to be desired in mapping and unfortunately the survivability just isn't there without Mageblood. This build definitely rewards good positioning and placement - I am used to HH giga buffed chars so this is new for me.

I would recommend if you enjoy boss farming - however deep delve (750 depth) are proving pretty impossible from a survival and damage perspective at this point and mapping is pretty annoying. I need some more levels and have tried determin/defiance banner setup as well as a more DPS focused hatred setup. TBH you will die randomly either way in maps lol - may as well have more damage.

Might save up for a Mageblood and see how it feels but I think I will sell this char and go back to a pure mapper.

Kayn is a great guy and super helpful with any questions!

You should just learn how to play this game and this build. I invest in my character maybe 10-11 ex, i dont have even 6 link chest- and i can clear any t16 map without dying and with good clearspeed. Almost all of my deaths with that build comes when i become to lazy to evade some things, thats it.
Last edited by AtTheDriveIn on Feb 16, 2022, 6:42:48 PM
it's gonna be ok man.

I will say I swapped back to determination/defiance and picked up the phys reduction watchers eye and I do notice a massive diff.

Thanks for the tips!

Was playing hatred / bonechill trying to pump dps in delve but we have enough damage regardless.
Last edited by Werdy on Feb 17, 2022, 12:56:19 AM
Honestly 8/10 as a build.

Really fun to play if you don't mind the mines playstyle. Scales really well with currency investment and levels. Very good clear speed as well as bossing dps. Good defensive layers which allows the build to be able to tank decent amounts of damage before dying.

The build is honestly very well written and Kayn is a great guy who is super helpful.

Just a question about the pob(s)

why is the 63% trap and mine throwing speed in the custom modifiers box in configuration?

is it from the glorious vanity?
yo
My understanding is the 15%DD and 60% mine speed is added due to swift assembly not calculating correctly as well as explosive expert on the tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info