Graphical error on MacOS since 3.17.4

"
FormerExile wrote:
Will there be a fix for mac for next league?

Nothing in patch notes, nore listed as a know mac issue.
Sadly, one may thing that they don't care...
For any curious mac peeps ~~

I just tried geforce now and its actually pretty decent... assuming you have the right setup for geforce now etc. Much better than native macos.

Will give it a go for the new league - $20 a month beats a new gaming PC
The issues still persists in 3.19 after a clean install !!!
I'm definitely switching to Geforce Now, or I'll just stop playing the game all together. That's frustrating because the game was working so smoothly, something like 60 fps for the story and 40 for the maps, now it's about 30 fps for the story and something like 20 fps during maps, not even mentioning the graphical glitches. Maybe they did some changes to the core of the game in preparation for PoE 2, the basic M1 Mac might not be enough anymore.

that's sad I loved that game
gaming on mac is just pain anyway
It's kind of out of control right now..

https://streamable.com/gkgqg8

Specs:
MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021)
Chip Apple M1 Pro - 10 Core CPU / 16 GPU
RAM: 32GB
Just wanted to add to the pot and keep this alive so @GGG can look into it.

https://imgur.com/a/RwbBZVI just posted about all these this morning

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3302364

POE seemed to run great pre Scourge League... what happened. :(
feedmysoul.
same here - do something.
It seems that they (GGG) not care at all. At least an statement would be posted here?

So, if they dont care I have to say this: when you start to support an OS you have to put some support in there otherwise it just feels bad for the ones that use it.
I am really disappointed. :(

(in fact its not the only technical problem where GGG is letting people down)
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
"
Ed161 wrote:
GGG it would be wonderful if we could get a quick line on whether this is something that is on your radar? I totally appreciate that Mac players are a minority of the player base, but the game is currently almost unplayable on M1 and you had such a beautiful working version just a few patches ago. Thank you :)

We're aware of the issue and hope to have a fix deployed soon. Sorry for the trouble.

Just wanted to keep this thread alive. I have posted in the macOS client bug report, as well as in the terrain/texture bug report section. I have a 2021 M1 macbook pro with the M1 pro, 16gb ram and still haven't gotten anything from @GGG officially. A simple like, hey we know its an issue but we have other priority stuff going on would be sufficient, I can only imagine the Rosetta/arm64 interface stuff is nightmarish to handle from a development perspective.

It looks like initially in this thread, they had identified it as an issue and were hoping to have a fix, but as of Kalandra its still a giant graphical mess that makes it difficult to look at and play. Really bummed as I am going to have some downtime now during medical treatment and have the ability to play, but its really not in a playable state.
Still having the same problems... but worse. REstarting sometimes helps the texture errors...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info