We now host the Community Wiki! What does that mean?

Nice. Would be amusing at this point for people to start editing the old wiki to make it redirect or link to the now official one.

"
Bentic wrote:
Nice. Please add a comment section to the wiki. Would be great for questions.

Already exists, like on most wikis. There's a "discussion" tab at the top of every page to post questions or suggestions about the information on that wiki page.
This is pretty awesome, I was using that wiki for a long time as in that it was my preference.

I also liked that .tw poe info website which wasn't necessarily a wiki but just had a nice layout that I kind of appreciated and together with relevant and recent information it was also one of my favorites but that kind of aside.

With the inclusion of poewiki.net on your servers I think it's a great move for the owners as stated on pathofexile.com already but I also think that the wiki will now have most recent information in regards to the game and changes it undergoes.

Also, I think that this may mean that Path now has an official source of information kind of like a guide or a... wiki, therefore it ought to help people in the regards of consulting it where other times just googling things brings multitude of choice but also in this regard I think that it kind of would be appreciated at least by me and I assume more people if the wiki one way or another could be incorporated into the game itself.

In or through which way it would serve as a tool, kind of like at beginning of the acts, on the beach the short tutorial of the game, one with the video or animation (how to socket gems)people could use because sometimes watching some reviews or similar type of videos on YouTube people have complained somewhat frequently how this aspect pertaining to information is lacking in game itself.

For me it would make a difference in the way of making Path more of a complete experience and together with the idea that it, inclusion into the game would help out new players greatly I think it's at least worth a mention or maybe even a consideration?

For me starting to play this game a while ago it wasn't initially clear that there is a whole slew of information outside of the game to consult.
Last edited by HellsW1ind on Aug 9, 2022, 4:32:02 AM
That's great to hear! It seems that the team behind the new wiki has done a great job and seeing GGG support it, is awesome.

Also, I'm excited about having some exports directly from GGG. :D
If you can't allocate resources, you can always offer reasonable payment for the most active contributors so they get motivated to add/update content.
"
xX999Xx wrote:
Is this the one on PoE Servers?

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

Yep.
The big LEGENDS of this wiki:
Blvcksvn talk contribs [1,119 actions in the last 30 days]
Neokowloon talk contribs [453 actions in the last 30 days]
Vinifera7 [530 actions in the last 30 days]
Iamacyborg [194 actions in the last 30 days]
Lone Ranger talk contribs [39 actions in the last 30 days]
Candy talk contribs [25 actions in the last 30 days]

i might have forget a few thank you guys too and the bots <3
ok
You are breathtakin!
A great move!
PoE ad-free wiki hosted by GGG, so nice!
What that means? that means the goverment inspects the goverment in possible allegations what the goverment has done wrong and the goverment has concluded that the goverment has done no harm.

Anyway the wiki update has ruined alot. Pages are unkept. Years behind. Values are never correct. Can't find articles on the new items I have to literally go to a youtube video and pause to read what I'm looking at, before the webpage comes out with the item info on your main website. Then still weeks after the wiki isn't updated. You see this alot with reworked items.

And why I made that joke/reality in at the start. I find this massive conflict of interrest. Same with buying youtube adds. I mean tarke and the likes. If I'm listening to videos and I see 4 different people use the exact same line, on the exact same skill I know you're paying them to say stuff. I'm very weary of it.

I wish you goodluck updating it. But we all know it's beter off being deleted since it wasn't kept up anyway. If you need information use the main website/nerfestos and PoB.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info