[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Vorret wrote:
Is the order ascendency set in stone? I thought taking regen/damage first would be better while the 40% is more for end game?

I think the order makes sense, as between Acts 3-8 you are unlikely to benefit from Escape Artist but 40 less damage is pretty massive.

Then there are only 2 and a bit acts between Cruel and Merciless lab so it's not that much longer to wait for Soul Drinker.

Polymath obviously comes last since it scales the best with more masteries.
"
Still miss profane bloom hard but survivability is so much better
never died so less as with the trickster.

Drops are meh. Found first time in league in the first week 4 ex drops. ironic.

LOL me too!
"
Bellaluna1722 wrote:

Thank you for the well wishes. Indeed, playing with a seven-month old baby I am still nursing and three older kids between age 2 and 5 is some work.

I did not know about that third party software and installed it. Well, turned out I had about 8 chaos in inventory/stash items and I ended up selling those items (including survival jewels you get from quest in act 2 I never would have thought had any value). I got my staff, which only had 1 socket but was ilvl 83 for 1 c...used 3 fusings after quality-ing it to 20% and got it to 6 sockets! I have 4b1g1r on it, with a blue and red linked... Not optimal, I think I need 2g for the mapping one but still, good start.

I am still playing miner however because all the Astramentis I see are 50c+...so that's disheartening a bit but I will get there eventually. Same situation for the boots, and that's not even thinking of procuring the oils for the annoint. Not even thinking of cluster jewels right now. Hubby and I finally got our first ascendency last night after reaching the WP before the Kaom and Daresso portions.

It's slow and I won't lie, I don't like the reduced drop rate at all. Some AN in campaign are still 2-3 modded and can one-shot so easily as well. Not running the lakes as we level either because our experience from trying it has been lackluster to say the least.

Still, I remain (maybe crazily) hopeful that we may yet see improvements and I may yet benefit from some luck going forward.

1. I don't know how you do it, and especially have time to start up another farming character. I would suggest you avoid doing that!

2. Learn how to use the trade site's search features. This will get you an amulet that will allow you to equip the staff: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Kalandra/WmlZQ6bSm

3. For the astramentis, you don't really need that until you start maps. The amulet you purchase in #2 above will last you until then. When the time comes, you should purchase three The Polymath cards instead, and turn them in for the amulet. At worst, you'll get a 50c amulet, and at best you'll get one worth a divine or more.

4. You don't need to anoint anything u8ntil you hit maps. And by then you'll have the funds to do the steelwood stance on your replica stampedes (total 13c or so.)

5. Just FYI, I did all of the lakes I found while levelling up. If nothing else, they gave me exp so I was a bit ahead of the curve for acts 1-10. Last night, after the drop fix, one of my lakes gave me 2 ex and 1 divine...

There's a LOT to learn to be optimal when levelling and playing this build. Please feel free to ask questions!
Last edited by Graiaule on Aug 25, 2022, 6:13:50 PM
Thank you for the tips! I appreciate it wholly.

I thought about looking into a mirrored amulet that grants a lot of stats. I found 2-3 for 1c but they had negative/reduced crit multi and armor.

Do we care about that?

They also had open suffixes or prefixes.

I'll look into replica boots too.
Last edited by Bellaluna1722 on Aug 25, 2022, 6:23:16 PM
"
Bellaluna1722 wrote:
Thank you for the tips! I appreciate it wholly.

I thought about looking into a mirrored amulet that grants a lot of stats. I found 2-3 for 1c but they had negative/reduced crit multi and armor.

Do we care about that?

They also had open suffixes or prefixes.

I'll look into replica boots too.

You're very welcome!

The trade link I gave you has a bunch of great amulets for 1c or less.

Mirrored items can't be changed, e.g., doesn't matter about their open affixes.

If you want another hint, get an icetomb: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Kalandra/a2RJ0L8ue.

Other useful cheap uniques for levelling are: Doedre's Tenure, Shavronne's Pace, and Perandus Blazon.
Last edited by Graiaule on Aug 25, 2022, 6:34:45 PM
In regards to the stun issue, I am planning to use this tree: https://pastebin.com/HyJar49Z

(I'll fill in the upper right cluster when the time comes.)

This tree, along with a good 30% reservation on helm and some 2% reservations on jewels, will allow the addition of Hatred eventually. (The idea is of course stolen from arch's hatred tree, and probably it was LinGen who had the idea first many years ago.)

I'd be interested in people's analysis. Thanks in advance.
Stun is really not a problem early on. Tolerance for leveling, and then when you need to get rid of it for the cluster tree just put in some placeholder jewels like these:

Can get Corrupted Blood immunity that way as well. And by the time you actually have Megalos and Watchers Eye for those slots you will either get lucky with vaaling Brute Force/Fertile Mind, or just buy them. They will get cheaper in time.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 25, 2022, 9:22:05 PM
The removal of the Harvest jewel implicits the one league I'm not playing the Scion version was poorly timed.
Little update after a small play session:

Well, hubby and I made it to the 'town' of Act V and after I obtained an Icetomb for 3 alch and an amulet for 1c (someone in my guild had deposited a carnage heart in the guild bank so I took it to help at first before I got the amu as I had to whisper quite a few people).

I also got Shavronne boots. So, there is that.

I clunkily used WI without CWC and Cyclone in Daresso and Kaom, then I was high enough to get going with CWC.

I have enough mana to Cyclone and have Discipline/Clarity and Purity of Elements up right now, though I'm 1 pt away from being able to take the mastery that has Discipline Mana Efficiency.

I do have a question for Vortex. Do you use it in your left click (movement) slot or only here and there? So far, I've had it on my movement bind and have not ran into much issue mana wise. My character sometimes tells me he needs to catch his breath but I had that when I tried to use Frostblink back to back. I'm used to Flame Dash XD

Other than that, I will need to find a decent helm, rings and gloves (I don't like Doedre's Tenure personally and I would rather up my resists anyway) as I continue leveling and I'm not yet into full CI. I went down for the mana efficiency first. Then I'll be working toward CI.

Slow, but so far, so good.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Stun is really not a problem early on. Tolerance for leveling, and then when you need to get rid of it for the cluster tree just put in some placeholder jewels like these:

Can get Corrupted Blood immunity that way as well. And by the time you actually have Megalos and Watchers Eye for those slots you will either get lucky with vaaling Brute Force/Fertile Mind, or just buy them. They will get cheaper in time.

Understood. I just want to say that the tree I posted has seven jewel slots, compared to five for yours, which should allow us to avoid having to get double-corrupted brute forces (stun and 2% reservation.)

I believe we need five 2% reservation affixes, and a 30% helmet enchant for hatred/purity of element reduced reservation to fit in hatred. So if GGG restores the 15% stun immunity for large cluster jewels, that'd give us 80% (25% x 2 + 15% x 2.) So it's not a solved problem yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info