[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Is there a super budget version? :D that new budget version is still very expansive.
"
161Sherlock wrote:
Is there a super budget version? :D that new budget version is still very expansive.

What's I've done with mine (if you check my characters - it's the one called 'WhisperingTagger'), was real cheap to put together. Far from perfect - but I'm currently running red tier maps with no issues. Still need a new body - just haven't really been bothered to look for one or craft one yet :)

Haven't gone for all the "chunky cluster jewels", but just stuck to the basic things right now.
Think I've spent maybe 50-60c so far (I had the Astramentis drop, but you really don't need that, with the new mirrored items from the league content).
"
Bellaluna1722 wrote:

I do have a question for Vortex. Do you use it in your left click (movement) slot or only here and there? So far, I've had it on my movement bind and have not ran into much issue mana wise.

Vortex is insta-cast, so you can hold the button down and cyclone or boss icestorm with the other button, also held down.

Only other button you need is if you're using frost shield. Then tap that when you want it.

Right, I have frostblink on my right mouse button (left = move.) I will frostblink through mob packs as that does some extra damage.
I hope it's okay if I do little updates as I go along. If not, just tell me and I'll stop.

I just feel welcome and at ease with doing this and asking questions along the way.

I finally obtained a pair of Replica Stampede for 5c (they are generally 10c+ right now). Fixing to get through Act V and kill Kitava for the first time. Hoping to get a few decent drops and I keep looking for lake rings.

How is everybody else doing?
Happy with this build so far! Just that I am a bit new, always thinking what to upgrade haha.

Not sure if anyone can advise, armour next for me? Or good crafted helm?
"
Bellaluna1722 wrote:
I hope it's okay if I do little updates as I go along. If not, just tell me and I'll stop.

I just feel welcome and at ease with doing this and asking questions along the way.

I finally obtained a pair of Replica Stampede for 5c (they are generally 10c+ right now). Fixing to get through Act V and kill Kitava for the first time. Hoping to get a few decent drops and I keep looking for lake rings.

How is everybody else doing?

It'll be fine until it's not 8-)

Grats on your stampede. FYI you will need 3R1B for the CWDT-IC-Dur-Frostbomb setup, and that's by far the easiest to get on your icetomb.

Focus on getting int on your gear. You have none on your hat, rings, gloves. Just pick up stuff and check them for int -- you should be able to upgrade easily.

At level 52 you should have setup all of your gems already! Check out page 1 for the ones you need, and that will also drive the sockets on your gear. At 52 you should pretty much have 4L everywhere.
Last edited by Graiaule on Aug 26, 2022, 9:03:47 PM
Do I have to have some added cold damage to spells in some of my gear to make Phantasmal Wave of Conviction to proc Cold exposure? At 20Q its converting 20% of physical damage into cold (25% for both fire and lightning), so my WoC atleast according to the tooltip is still dealing more lightning and fire damage than cold damage
"
Graiaule wrote:

Focus on getting int on your gear. You have none on your hat, rings, gloves. Just pick up stuff and check them for int -- you should be able to upgrade easily.

At level 52 you should have setup all of your gems already! Check out page 1 for the ones you need, and that will also drive the sockets on your gear. At 52 you should pretty much have 4L everywhere.

I will be shopping for rings, gloves and helm tomorrow for sure. I had 6 or 7 chaos drop tonight in my small play session and was thinking just that since I am prepping to go ES in a few levels. Definitely on my list.

Thanks again!
"
Bellaluna1722 wrote:

I will be shopping for rings, gloves and helm tomorrow for sure. I had 6 or 7 chaos drop tonight in my small play session and was thinking just that since I am prepping to go ES in a few levels. Definitely on my list.

Thanks again!

There's a small gotcha -- I don't pay chaos to upgrade gear (with the possible exception of 1c for chest/boots/gloves/amulet and whatever the staff costs) until I hit level 69-70 just before the end of act 10. Some of the good stuff requires that you be level 68 or higher.
"
Graiaule wrote:

There's a small gotcha -- I don't pay chaos to upgrade gear (with the possible exception of 1c for chest/boots/gloves/amulet and whatever the staff costs) until I hit level 69-70 just before the end of act 10. Some of the good stuff requires that you be level 68 or higher.

Oh, I tend to prioritize other, lower currencies if I can. The drops I get are really terrible right now, but I pick every rares and ID them to try to find something useful. I will also be looking at my guild's vault in case.

I have not been lucky with fusings at all. Got 3 and tried to link the chest better. Did not work.

I'll see what I can do. Sorry it's taking me time and I've over-sighted things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info