[3.24] Splitting Steel Champ - All Uniques, Cheap League Start, Mapping, MF, Sanctum

"
corosou wrote:
"
LordAzuRa wrote:
Spoiler
Hummm, I'm just not a fan of Evasion in general because it always feels like "You're alive, and now you're not (when you get hit)".

Especially with my currently low 2.5K HP, I'm satisfied at 13M DPS, going up to 17M once I have Nimis and Hypotermia, so the plan is to focus on life nodes in the next 5 levels (I'll be 96) and go up to 3.6K HP.

Maybe I'll give grace another try then...

Or I'll have a swap cluster from Pride to Grace and swap Pride out of my setup for Grace if I ever want to tackle T17s :)

Of everything's I've read, it appears that Skitters can't fail to apply their chill or their shock, on anything.

What I ended up doing for 3.22 10k+ wisp juiced maps was: Grace + Purity of Elem. + Arctic Armour + Pride + War Banner.

You can do Herald of Purity + Skitterbots instead of Pride probably.

GL

Oh! Arctic Armor is a very interesting idea! It's actually a bigger eHP increase when compared to Grace, for half the cost!

I think, if I face content that requires me to be tankier, I could easily swap Skitterbots out for it too as I have 2x White sockets in my Axe.

Losing 1.3M DPS isn't that bad if it actually allows me to survive a fight I usually wouldn't.

I tried Maven and stuff, and while it's possible it really doesn't feel great. I think it's because I was using Splitting Steel of Ammunition, and dealing with having to recharge the steels when you have 892373 attacks per second from all the buffs, while dealing with all the boss mechanics, feels terrible actually haha.

I assume that you'd switch to regular Splitting Steel for bosses as you just need to spam ALL the attacks that you can?
"
AveFT wrote:
Hello, Ive reached the gear you currently have, though im not sure about what to build next in terms of minmaxing. Would the appropriate endgame setup be the gear you were using back in 3.23(hh, nimis, ralakesh, etc)?

Thank you for your time, the guide and devotion to this thread(PS this is the first time Ive gotten this far, thanks a ton for this build)!

Hi, glad to hear you're enjoying the build!

Ya, endgame setup is what you see I was using 3.22. Focus on Nimis + Progenesis + Defiance of Destiny.

Thx for the kind words, keep it up and YW!

GL
Annnnnddd I had never setup the "Count" thing on Splitting Steel and enabled the Full DPS mode.

I was looking at your PoB and wondering how you had 50M+ dps in some of the snapshots and I had only 16-17M.

That makes things much more spicy!

Realistically though, these 7 projectiles wouldn't hit the same target right?

Unless we switch to Concentrated Effect on bosses?
Have you tried Concentrated Effect while Mapping with Ammunition? (Since ammunition has a bigger default radius).

I think the distance that Splitting Steel splits goes is actually based on projectile speed. Then wouldn't our single target DPS be tremendously increased (Not on paper, but on actual perceivable DPS) by using a Slower Projectile support, to help ensure that more splits actually remain close to impact point and hit the same dude? I think it would also maximize everything that plays with "Distance traveled".

EDIT
Oh! Am I misunderstanding? Is this actually the amount of Impales applied as Splitting Steel interacts with it to burst?

If so, does that mean that my Watcher Jewel with Pride +2 Impale Last actually brings this total to 9?
Last edited by LordAzuRa on Apr 10, 2024, 4:59:47 PM
Got a skin of the lords, was only 120c and am finding it pretty good.
Was thinking it would be OP for you corosou?
Got a 5 way carry and it looked very much like he was using splitting steel as his skill, unfortunately i forget the class he used.
Hey LordAzuRa exactly what do skitterbots do for this build?
And what does POB say for your watcher's eye pride jewel?
Thanks and cheers.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Hey LordAzuRa exactly what do skitterbots do for this build?
And what does POB say for your watcher's eye pride jewel?
Thanks and cheers.

They guarantee Shock (Monsters take 15% increased damage, innate) and Chill (Monsters have -15% Action Speed), which is a nice Defense.

Both works on all bosses :)
The Chill also allows me to use Hypothermia support, which is a very good +30% MORE damage.

What do you mean about the Watcher's Eye?
3.24 Cheap Farming Strat

Hi Fellas,

In case you're not sure what to farm, you can try for Nimis cards in 8mod Corrupted T16 Academy and then gamble to double them with Harvest.

Favorite Map: T16 Academy - Drops Nimis card and has an easy boss.

Strat Features:

1) Harvest - Crop Rotation with double-lifeforce scarab.
2) Deli Mirror - ~80% chance, which means pretty much always; I rarely do a map without it
3) Rare Scarab drops - Remarkable Relics + Amplified Artifacts
4) Niko - for Sulphite to farm Delve, Packed with Energy buff and strongboxes/shrines from The Price of Progress
5) Strongboxes - At least 1 and all rare/corrupted. Can do Ambush in Map device, but not required if you're low on Chaos
6) Shrines - for buffs and fun

Scarabs:

With this setup every map you drop will be 8mod corrupted (often dupped - don't forget to grab all map-dup altars!), which means when you run them, they will be packed with mobs, you will drop a ton more loot, and have a lot more fun! Though... they can get pretty rippy, so don't try to gain levels doing this!!

The Cartography ones are all around 1div per 20-40 Scarabs, and the Harvest double-lifeforce is around 1div per 10, but definitely worth it!

With Harvest Crop rotation + the scarab you will come out of every map with ~1-4k lifeforce, which guarantees you will make your investment back:
<- this's around 1/2 a Div from a single map (not counting Scarabs and everything else you'll get)

If you're wondering, there's no need to guarantee a Harvest with Scarab; I can't remember the last time I didn't get a natural Harvest from the Atlas tree alone.

You can either sell the lifeforce (which sells quick!), or you can gamble, if you get lucky with a Nimis card drop and want to tempt fate.

I just run the 8mod Academies with this same setup, but if you want you can just use this to build a good pool of your favorite 8-mod corrupted maps, and then use a different Atlas tree and set of Scarabs to run them, focusing on whatever farming strat you prefer.

If you get low on T16 Academy, just run any of the other 8mod corrupted maps you'll drop to refill Academy, or you can just sell them, along with any that have mods we can't run, like Phys Reflect/No leech.

And when you get bored, just go Delve for a while, as you'll have a ton of Sulphite!

Atlas Tree:

Here's the PoB Export of my 3.24 toon as I am setup to farm these pretty comfortably: https://pobb.in/ka04CiIhBnOh

This isn't a crazy/broken strat, but you will have fun, make decent bank, and not have to worry about rolling/sustaining 8mod corrupted maps.

That's all for now, may update this post later if I forgot to mention something, but I think u guys get the gist, and there's not much to it...

GL
Last edited by corosou on Apr 12, 2024, 3:53:18 PM
If so, does that mean that my Watcher Jewel with Pride +2 Impale Last actually brings this total to 9?

Was wondering if POB helps answering your question regarding 2 more impales?
Fury Valve or Replica Dragonfang?
Dragonfang for sure but costs around 12 div.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info