Will the Sanctum League go Core?

Sanctum's gameplay was some of the worst ever, boons/ailments and relics were the only interesting part about it, the unique items were cool, rewards were boring because it was just currency instead of all of everything like mechanics normally are, overall the mechanic was rewarding but incredibly boring and mind numbing to play, you're dodging the same few skills, in the same fashion of blink behind every guardian while occasionally running sideways for the archers when they draw their bows, from the same 6-7 guards for 30 rooms with same layouts, wow incredibly engaging gameplay, even the floor bosses were lame and easy except the 3rd floor which took some effort. It also heavily punished builds that either have bad single target or don't have a way to cheese damage (hide behind wall, stunlock etc.). Overall I'll miss occasionally getting a nice relic, but everything else about sanctum can be scrapped, don't even bother reworking it.

One bit I truly liked and hope to see more of are account-bound items, those are the best solution to many of this game's detrimental problems and design obstacles caused by existence of trading.
HC balance should be separate from SC I don't care which outdated 1993 game dev philosophy this goes against. youtube/twitch.tv/DESPAIR268

REVERT SUNDER :) REVERT SEISMIC CRY :) REVERT IMPALER :) REVERT GAME :)) MAKE DUALWIELD GREAT AGAIN :)
Sanctum was fine as a league content, but definitely not as a Game feature

It needs more structure and depth

It definitely was fun to play, although a bit repetitive, hence the need for more depth

It always felt like a time attack, rather than a rogue like

I want to explore/solve puzzle/fight/loot, i only found dodge/fight in sanctum, and gold to vacuum, the loop wasn't that great, relics and boss fights saved it for me even though i didn't play it THAT much compared to past league contents

"
visionpepela wrote:
Ultimatum when?
What? This is how they integrated Ultimatum: https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/The_Tower_of_Ordeals
"
Schtauffen wrote:
"
visionpepela wrote:
Ultimatum when?
What? This is how they integrated Ultimatum: https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/The_Tower_of_Ordeals

What? 5% of original ultimatum = 100% of ultimatum?
I was thiiiiiis close to buying an Original Sin after weeks of farming the currency. This post just doubled the going price. F......
*Never forgetting how good this game looked at 32:9 instead of 1/3 of my screen being black bars.*
thats sad news, would love the option to get relics as some of them were actually build enabling
yes it was fun but needs a more tunning , i like it , but i defently would change a lot of things , so im glad its out for now , hope it comes back in a perfect form soon though .
I really liked the concept, but the way it was implemented, it took me out of the flow of the game. It felt like a completely separate content that just happens to also reward some currency for its completion, but at times i was just skipping it as i wanted to focus on other mechanics.

I am a big fan of roguelike content, so it was a blast to get into at first, but after i got the basic idea, i didnt feel it was rewarding enough in a gameplay sense (not loot, the loot was great).

I disliked the facts that you couldnt trade the relics. I understand why, but because of that it felt a lot like some other games, where the loot is soulbound to prevent RMT or force players to engage in said content. If those relics were tradeable i might have engaged more with the content because the hunt for a strong relic would have been much more intense. The way it was now i usually was like "ah, i guess that would be nice if i played such a build"

Would be interesting to maybe have Sanctum as a challenging one-time content, like you find a rare key (or target certain bosses, similar to ultimatum boss fight) and the sanctum consists of one layer of the sanctum thats only like 5 rooms, which are quite hard/intense, but will then reward a piece to the key of the sanctum boss, which will then reward good items (maybe have some tradeable relics, making the hunt for these quite rewarding)
if it stay like niche playstyle with no impact on the progression ..... why not.
if it become an essential game mechanic , this will be the last nail in POE's coffin for me.
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
I just hope that it will go core eventually (and in a better way than Harvest) as it provides quite a shake-up in gameplay for those who enjoy it. I honestly think allowing players to accrue more than 8 stored Sanctum runs would be really helpful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info