Ruthless with Gold Is Live!

I haven't looked into other games for 8 years, but I'll have to if Ruthless is the future of PoE.
gold sounds like a fun idea,i would play this if it wasnt ruthless. ruthless would just suck the fun out of it
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Mar 9, 2023, 1:29:48 AM
Everything about Ruthless sounds like it's designed to provide as little fun as possible.

They did not mention if this event will be voided or not
"
WhiteMagick wrote:
They did not mention if this event will be voided or not

its in the FAQ. yes its voided.
NTY, i'mma give me RSI a break to be ready for next weekends pre launch beta.
Formally [Removed by Support] as my STANDARD map stash got frakked
Soul crushing event, only go in if you really have no other games to play.

Only expedition and kalandra have managed to drain my will like this one.
Can't be sure yet, but this is already looking harder than the base Ruthless experience because you aren't getting a steady supply of transmutes and alch shards from vendoring things.

Mods that in Ruthless give an alch shard like "+1 socketed melee gems" instead give ~200 coins... but turning those coins into an item upgrade is really tough. And so far I see no indication they can be used to roll maps.

I'm in Act 5 and everything I'm wearing save one item was an ID. In my other Ruthless playthroughs, I'd have been wearing maybe 50% items that were from transmutes on promising bases, and 50% IDed items. I don't even have transmutes to spend on flasks, where in Ruthless Without Gold I'd have no scoured flasks.

I don't think the intention of the event was to be "ruthless but more item starved", and I'm also surprised there seems to be no option to turn coins into random skill or support gems.
Le Toucan Will Return
"
sirgog wrote:
Can't be sure yet, but this is already looking harder than the base Ruthless experience because you aren't getting a steady supply of transmutes and alch shards from vendoring things.

Mods that in Ruthless give an alch shard like "+1 socketed melee gems" instead give ~200 coins... but turning those coins into an item upgrade is really tough. And so far I see no indication they can be used to roll maps.

I can only conclude they've got the droprate of gold very, very wrong - maybe applied the "Ruthless" drop level on gold as a drop, and/or on the prices, without considering that this is already specific to Ruthless.

But unless drop rates are much, much higher later on, currency will be so minimal that rolling even blue maps would be out of the question.
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
"
xSTGx wrote:
"
...opportunity to experience what Path of Exile would have been like with gold...

It is not, however, an opportunity to experience what PoE would have been like if u could just buy and sell from the same vendor screen, instead of the nonsensical, tedious design where u have to back out and choose a different option from the conversation menu in order to perform the other related function.

Even assuming you can justify not wanting to perform both functions at once*,
would a little "<->" button to switch modes right from the trade interface have been so hard?

(*and, I can somewhat understand with the inherent constraints for item size/inventory space, support for recipes, etc. ... though I'm still not 100% convinced -- yet not invested enough to do anything mockup-wise. But if you wanted to deliver a smooth and intuitive UX, I'm not sure having to back out and mouse click in a completely different part of the screen should have been a part of that.)

Dang, GGG, what did QoL ever do to you to make you treat it so badly?!

Aw man, I wished for a Gold global system for ever now. I do wish they think it out seriously. I'm tired of trading and screen loads of junk.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info