Item Design and Mechanics in Path of Exile 2

This was a good one, bless beanie dude.
just started playing poe1 after being disappointed by d4. awesome game , wish i would have started years ago. but damn, this game is going to be amazing
Last edited by casca420 on Sep 27, 2023, 6:39:52 PM
that items from POE1 are going to be carried over is rather disappointing for me
i would much rather this be a new game that carries on the tradition, not something that is some percentage of content I've already seen
balls
Really loving the new art style for items <3
"For we are not now that strength, which in old days moved Earth and Heaven. That which we are, we are; one equal strength of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will: to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Ulysses, Tennyson
"
kahwigulum wrote:
that items from POE1 are going to be carried over is rather disappointing for me
i would much rather this be a new game that carries on the tradition, not something that is some percentage of content I've already seen
balls

Imagine being the kind of player who has basically only ever completed the acts and pretending like you have seen or experienced a significant portion of what PoE1 even offers.

Try socketing your first Voidstone into your Atlas and maybe defeating any boss other than the Act bosses before you complain about PoE2 having any percentage of content that is pulled from PoE1. Your one and only post-act boss kill was the Black Star.

Try buying a single supporter pack in 5 years before you complain about the content a free game provided to you or the content another free game based on the first one will provide.
"One game two campaign"
"
Hollow_Ichigo wrote:
Judging by all the PoE2 content you post, PoE1 is over along with its technical support?

This.
i watched this video earlier. rly cool stuff, i love the passion of the 2 guys. some really talented work being shown, exciting directions.

im so happy you guys get to actually make this game. so much of poe is this frankenstein evolution of bolting things on to this amateur starting rig, and its wonderful in so many ways. but its held back so much by its history.

the size of the team you have now, the experience, the ambition, the quality, its so great that you guys get to realise the full extent of your current capabilities. cause you get a lot of stick, we all give you a lot of stick you probably give yourselves a lot of stick but i think a lot of people dont appreciate just how crippled you are by the history of poe1, the engine, the assets, the mechanics, the expectations.

theres nothing worse for creative people than having their creations let lose in the world and judged knowing that they were held back in some way and couldnt deliver the vision they have to the level they know they are capable of.
These guys were awesome! Who doesn't love a laid-back presentation about art philosophy?
I play poe for 10+ years , and other arpgs for 20+ , poe 2 looks to have the best pacing yet for anything i have seen in my life ,unlike soulslikes , there is literally no arpg with a combat so good everyone copies it , if they make it easier to increase your own stun threshold and give some love to melee it looks about perfect. the philosophy of mixing skills is to make you want to mix them , and not force to mix them , you have no cooldowns for a reason , and i bet most characters will still be able to clear maps with only 1 skill and use others only on bosses , since gems are the ones having links you probably just buy a 5 link spell gem early and deal dmg with just that , levelling will be even easier with a 6 link gem at level 1 , and no need to equip something like tabula

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info