Item Design and Mechanics in Path of Exile 2

pog
I dont like the new orbs, I think the painted style of old orbs made them easier to differenciate. This is espeically helpful if you accidently trade the wrong orb while having multiple in invent. You can see when comparing the new alchemy orb to the high orbs there is too much similarity. The painted style of things like orbs and rings/amulets has always been a staple to me and I think removing this aspect will take a lot more away from the game than it will bring.

Best course of action would be to make low-value orbs distunguishable by size/colour or change them completely.
This was one of my favorite presentations are exilecon. Good people!
The art looks awesome.
There was a few that stood out.
I'd love to see more about any inspiration any of the artists have passed along to the mechanics/stat guys.
There was a clear impression that the guy with the beanie had a lot to offer that maybe still hadn't been used or said.

I think once the first guy get past the dry mouth (and accompanying noise) and puts his head up he would actually be a very good public speaker.
Good natured, clean mouthed and outgoing Aussies are always a win for public events.

Would have been nice if the second guy had concentrated more about conception of ideas and thought processes like the first guy did.
I honestly don't care about their credentials. Pretty sure GGG hired them, and not off the street. It shouldn't even come up. Felt like bad filler content.
I just took it as just part of them being so nervous.

Overall not bad to watch.
Thanks for the upload.
Universal Law - Balance
this was fun to watch, but poe 2 is not fixing anything and it won't even be better than poe 1.
I was impressed. I like that they will carry over many of the current uniques with new art and new stats. If there is a Standard league in POE2, which there should be, maybe we will able to carry all our current standard stash gear over to POE2 once we have completed the new Acts and end game one time.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
I dont like the new orbs, I think the painted style of old orbs made them easier to differenciate. This is espeically helpful if you accidently trade the wrong orb while having multiple in invent. You can see when comparing the new alchemy orb to the high orbs there is too much similarity. The painted style of things like orbs and rings/amulets has always been a staple to me and I think removing this aspect will take a lot more away from the game than it will bring.

Best course of action would be to make low-value orbs distunguishable by size/colour or change them completely.

This was my concern when watching that part of the video too. Very high quality art ofc, the orbs looked great. But there is some value lost if we can't instantly recognise currency from each other, especially in the small icons. More variation in colours could really help out here, like the current orbs have.

Otherwise an interesting video. But I was surprised and taken aback by the removal of alteration and scouring orbs, and chaos orbs kinda working like Aisling slams. I understand the reasoning, to make drops matter more, but it could also get frustrating to keep 'bricking' items and not have a way to try again, short of farming up absurd amounts of a certain base.

Long way to go tho, a lot can change between now and release in 18 months or whenever.
Really great work here.

MTX from poe 1 will be a downgrade when used with poe 2. Armor looks great and thematically appropriate.

And, I guess MTX for poe 2 may not be usable with poe 1 due to new capacities of poe 2 engine.

It would be great if GGG port poe1 to poe2 engine, but I guess this would be too much work for too small a player base.
"
Suhuy wrote:
Really great work here.

MTX from poe 1 will be a downgrade when used with poe 2. Armor looks great and thematically appropriate.

And, I guess MTX for poe 2 may not be usable with poe 1 due to new capacities of poe 2 engine.

It would be great if GGG port poe1 to poe2 engine, but I guess this would be too much work for too small a player base.

its the same engine, it all runs off the same thing so im guessing all the mtx will always be cross compatible unless they are specific to skills/item bases that only exist in one of the games.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Suhuy wrote:
Really great work here.

its the same engine, it all runs off the same thing so im guessing all the mtx will always be cross compatible unless they are specific to skills/item bases that only exist in one of the games.

No need to guess, Chris explicitly said that's the case.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info