Things are about to heat up and get chaotic with the new Magmatic Impending Doom and Hexblast Effects! Check them out in the videos below, or get yours here.

Turn your foes into ticking time-bombs with the explosive Magmatic Impending Doom Support Gem Effect!

Don't like waiting? Turn them to dust and ash instead with the new Magmatic Hexblast Effect!

Need a new outfit to doom and boom in? Check out the screenshot below, which uses the Vulcan Armour Set, Vulcan Weapon, Sunrise Shield, Pandemonium Wings and Lava Aura Effect!

Thank you for your support!
Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
Looks nice, something out of the ordinary for these spells.
Looks nice!

That said, the ratio of skills getting a new MTX and the same skills getting gutted in the next skill balance patch is terrifying.

I really love Hexblast, but i am afraid after enjoying it for the first time this league it will be the same for me as Poisonous Concoction, dead(or rather way worse) the next league after I've been using it in the previous one.

Was a hell of a lot of fun though.

You shall be missed dearly o7.

Can we please get more MTX for other skills?

Have you considered doing easy color swapped versions of existing skill MTX?

For example: Take Swordfish Ice Spear and make it blue/green/red/purple/etc.
Last edited by XeoTech on Oct 4, 2023, 6:45:20 PM
Neat
was going to say the exact same thing:

Bye bye impending doom, I didn't get to play you, but this MTX confirms that GGG will take you out back and execute you now.

Probably Hexblast will get gutted as well, despite hand casting it being actually quite lackluster. But Hexblast mines are a thing and GGG doesn't have a good track record understanding and nerfing the edge cases without also gutting all the median use cases.

Great examples include the "across the board support gem nerf" that knee capped all the poorly scaling skills and left the OP skills unphased; Dark Pact, gutted way back in the day not because of self cast (which was rippy af) but because of totems (that skill has never really recovered for hand casting they made the juice not worth the squeeze). Shield throw (gutted for everyone because cold Ele conversion was too good), Spec Helix (not even a good skill just brute force dmg and multi-hits that allowed HC players to get defenses), Shield Crush, bleed (trash for melee, still giga OP for Bows), Guardian aura stacking, almost every skill that totems/ballistas traps and mines abuse and get gutted. And so on.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Glad we're finally getting Hexblast MTX. Now can I please get one that's good looking, like Celestial/Starfall?
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Oct 4, 2023, 7:27:05 PM
According to some Impending Doom is "dead" in 3.23. I don't play it so I can't speak to how in/correct this might be. Maybe it'll be just fine, some people seem to think so.

"
3.22.0b Patch Notes

A change made in 3.22.0 inadvertently fixed incorrect behaviour with the spacing of Spell Cascade with skills with additional radius modifiers - most notably Curses, which gain large amounts of additional radius as the gems level up. We have reinstated the old behaviour only for Curses for the remainder of the Ancestor League, but this incorrect behaviour will be fixed in the 3.23.0 patch.

Crouching_Tuna: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqROjFfDYdE

If so this seems ill-timed for Impending Doom MTX. I've played Hexblast on and off since 3.20 so this is a teensy bit late for me. Also I kinda prefer the purple. Nice effects though!
"
XeoTech wrote:
Can we please get more MTX for other skills?

Have you considered doing easy color swapped versions of existing skill MTX?

For example: Take Swordfish Ice Spear and make it blue/green/red/purple/etc.

yoh! this gave me an idea, how about giving us a custom painel on a MTX with color customization only (just so "we" players dont break the game). how about going even further and make it possible to RGB for every cast/attack it changes color, this could be next revolution GGG!
Celestial hexblast!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info