Help with latency / internet connection?

Today, after waiting more than a year, we finally got our new Telekom fibre optics internet connection, our provider is Telekom (the market leader in Germany). I am using what I suppose is a decent router and I have my computer hooked up via cabled LAN.

Logging in, my latency is MUCH WORSE than it was with my mediocre Vodafone DSL on a wifi connection. The latency graph shows me swinging everywhere from 16 ping to around 560 every few seconds. It is horrible. I can't even walk around my hideout without hideous rubberbanding.

Otherwise, I am pleased with the internet connection, and it works smoothly for surfing and streaming.

So I am exceptionally frustrated.

On the PoE login screen, I see my nearest server (Frankfurt) has a 17-19 ms ping (I checked about 50 times in about 5 minutes).

So is there some sort of problem
- with the way my router handles packages from GGG?
- with the way my provider handles packages from GGG?
- with the way my computer handles packages from the new internet connection?

What must I do to resolve this problem (assuming the problem is mine and not GGG's)?
I am a technical idiot and do not understand any lingo, I am an old non-IT-saavy academic with no technical know-how. If there is information anywhere made for people of my level of ignorance I will be very grateful.

Thank you very much in advance

EDIT have run numerous Speedchecks from various different services, and all claim that my internet connection is exceptionally fast and stable.Yet PoE is now literally unplayable, I simply get logged out after lagging more than 10k ms.... What am I not understanding?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Last edited by onomastikon on Dec 12, 2023, 5:22:43 PM
Last bumped on Dec 22, 2023, 4:20:57 AM
I m having a lot of issues with latency and telekom this league.
seems to b e related to a routing issue, frankfurt server is one of the worst in term of latency.

I am currently playing with a vpn on and it completely solved the issue.. but it is very annoying and i don't know any other solution atm.
this problem whit latency start when new league start my latency jump from zero to hero max i notice is about 150k, GGG fix it!!!! https://ibb.co/MV5P5Wt
No, I was NOT having the same problem before I switched my Internet provider, my latency was less bad with my crappy Vodafone DSL this league than it is now with my excellent glass finder optics connection.

There is nobody who has any tips or diagnosis suggestions?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
anyone?
I have the same problem since i play poe and it got worse as telekom was upping the bandwith they sell in my location without improving the cables. The ping gets really random mostly in the evening rendering the game unplayable althought the Frankfurt server shows 20ms for me too. Only using a vpn or gaming in times where nobody uses the internet was a reliable solution for me.

Probably switching the isp to something else than telekom could make a difference but thats only an assumption.
Last edited by Rexxic on Dec 15, 2023, 7:04:45 AM
Same here alots of pepole suffering from this bug and yet ggg never talk about it , i start playing poe sense 3.13 and never had latnecy go up like this
The problem isn't on your side, don't bother trying to trouble shoot it and mess up your system. It's on GGG's side. They are no doubt trying to figure it out.
Last edited by t0lkien on Dec 15, 2023, 8:42:16 AM
Game is literally unplayable for 3rd day. This is common picture. These spikes are 150-200ms every 3-4 second. Diablo4, CoD, WoW, Hunt and other online games works perfectly. Except PoE.
Last edited by eddy_alfa on Dec 15, 2023, 9:11:52 AM
"
onomastikon wrote:
No, I was NOT having the same problem before I switched my Internet provider, my latency was less bad with my crappy Vodafone DSL this league than it is now with my excellent glass finder optics connection.

There is nobody who has any tips or diagnosis suggestions?

i call Vodafone upadate router little less lag but still D/c

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info