T 17s are impossible for new to medium players.

I get that this is aspirational content, but it's definitely overtuned.
From absolutely deleting normal bosses to spending 3-4 minutes per pack in a T17 just to get absolutely anihilated by the map boss 30 minutes later.
This causes soo much frustration it's impossible to express.
I have over 4k hours spent in this game, playing at a slighlty above casual rate and I have never felt so left behind in a league.
The uber bosses are easier than the T17 content, this is completely unacceptable.
Also worth noting is that T17s feel mandatory to everyone since most of the loot drops there so you feel forced to try to get to that point, but without an absolutely decked build which you feel almost impossible to get to you won't stand a chance once you open those portals and get a cold reality check.
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2024, 8:38:01 PM
Why can't you just improve your char to strive for it?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

The problem with your logic, in my opinion, is that most builds become uber viable before they can farm t17 comfortably.

And this in itself defeats the intended purpose of t17s.

So a lot of players probably get confused and frustrated when they can't do these maps and might think that they stuck regardless of that fact that they could make dozens or hundreds of divs by doing good t16 strats and attempt ubers way before farming t17.
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

You just post the same text in every thread. We get your point.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

You just post the same text in every thread. We get your point.

Clearly not it should be a given fact.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Apr 28, 2024, 7:28:52 AM
"
might think that they stuck regardless of that fact that they could make dozens or hundreds of divs by doing good t16 strats and attempt ubers way before farming t17.

Thanks to the nerfbat towards drop rates below T17, no you won't be making that bank in T16 either. Chaos orb is the new divine orb.
"
loginagain wrote:
I get that this is aspirational content, but it's definitely overtuned.
From absolutely deleting normal bosses to spending 3-4 minutes per pack in a T17 just to get absolutely anihilated by the map boss 30 minutes later.
This causes soo much frustration it's impossible to express.
I have over 4k hours spent in this game, playing at a slighlty above casual rate and I have never felt so left behind in a league.
The uber bosses are easier than the T17 content, this is completely unacceptable.
Also worth noting is that T17s feel mandatory to everyone since most of the loot drops there so you feel forced to try to get to that point, but without an absolutely decked build which you feel almost impossible to get to you won't stand a chance once you open those portals and get a cold reality check.

Finished my 40/40 today: T17 aren't fun at all, i can confirm, even while being able to finish them. Yet the best content IMHO is the "back to bascis" preferred T16s. I will chase the sunken hideout this way, eventually.

T17 are forcing frustrating mods & deaths, and are very dark. Easiest boss is Fortress but I would say this doesnt means much: if you dont have a really big DPS build with some serious defenses & movement habilities, it's just a "no".

An advice: use projectiles/spells/minions/mines/bow skills able to offscreen. And a different skill for boss if needed.
I had the best T17 cool clearing with -ice spear mines-, 150k+ ehp character, but too much hours, and this stupid business model force-selling TABS... Not sure it was a good idea to play this league heheh.
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

If most builds weren't so ungodly expensive to reach the level of power necessary to run that content, you'd have a point.

But this, coupled with the fact that you have to complete a T17 just to unlock 5th slot on map device, really screws over players who don't make tons of currency quickly enough to make a build strong enough for it.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
T17 are definitely harder than uber bosses except maybe Uber Maven (IMO this is the hardest uber pinnacle boss in the game now that you can't roll affixes on uber exarch and eater anymore).

My character can comfortably farm 6 out of 7 ubers. Maven i skipped for now because it is 11 divines per attempt, I don't have that kind of money to blow away yet. I kill them without dying 70% of the time and never go below 3 portals.

T17 maps though - I failed plenty of them. At least 5 maps I was dangerously low on portals on the boss, killing it on my last one. I *can* farm them and I pull money out of them but they are grossly out of balance atm.

They are definitely the future of endgame farming because they have more quant, rarity and packsize than any 8-mod T16 map ever will (on top of T17-exclusive reward multiplier mods). But not in current state. If your build can comfortably farm these maps with juice (meatsack, BTB, deli etc.) then what's the point of continuing to play. This is the hardest content in the game.

Uber Exarch is a crying little baby compared to a big rare goatman with 8 archnemesis affixes, 223% more life, 141% life as extra ES and full spell suppression. Its phys damage slam will kill even an armour stacker with 5M armor. Its toughness is so much that it's dangerously close to integer overflow.
Last edited by Esubane on Apr 28, 2024, 5:10:05 PM
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

It's easier to whimper about the so scary scary content cause everything needs to be handed out for free and as easy as possible these days.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info