T 17s are impossible for new to medium players.

Reminder: There are other games outside of POE.

If POE is more frustrating than fun, try something else.

I'm having a lot more fun right now in Torchlight Infinite. The new season started a week ago.
Pour one out for my Syndicate homies.

Complex PoE mechanics are getting Diablofied.

GGG: What's better than stable income? Random income of course.
Last edited by zakalwe55 on Apr 28, 2024, 5:32:53 PM
I agree T17 balance is completely out of whack still. They either need to just let us roll them like normal maps with any currency(because this chaos orb change has totally broken the economy, now divines have less buying power than chaos so its 100c only to buy a divine orb loooool) or just nerf T17s. Their goal for these maps was content to bridge normal endgame and uber bosses, yet T17s are clearly harder than uber bosses, I've killed 5/7 ubers(failed uber sirus and uber uber elder) on my glass cannon build and I'm really bad at dodging anything in this game. Yet I can't do any of these maps, I had to buy carries for them all when doing challenges.

They have clearly and utterly failed designing these maps since they didn't even accomplish the entire reason for making them: to bridge ubers and normal content. Even with chaos orb rerolling, I still can't do these maps on my build that I've invested like 60+ divines into, and that just sucks. I fail them even with the scarab that gives 50% chance not to consume portal, and if you tell me to "just use the horned scarab of awakening" no that's not a solution because then I'm investing whatever that scarab is worth into my map+whatever the T17 would sell for, and that way I never ever make a profit because the boss only drops 1-2 fragments and most barely sell for 20c lol. So at that point the best decision is to sell all my T17s in bulk for divines and just not do the content. When the best choice for the average player is to ignore your shiny new content, you know something is wrong.

Oh and another thing, why do ubers require 5 fragments??? I'm sure 99% of people just assumed 1 fragment=1 invitation when they saw the reveal livestream. It's so nonsensical, why make us grind random drops in these maps over and over just to attempt an uber boss(and you might just run out of portals when you do), the old system with the keystones was so much better, now searing exarch and eater of worlds invitations don't sell for 200c anymore, the economy is so broken because of all these changes. Regular alch&go T16 mapping with influence is just worse because we don't have the uber keystones anymore.
With Horned Scarab of Awakening to remove half of the affixes, frog allflame embers to remove some of the mobs, the map becomes relatively easy to do.
I had much more difficulties to loot one than to do one (Back to Basics saved my SSF league)

The only issue with T17 maps is they are the only way to unlock the 5th slot in the map device.
It should be enablable much earlier. I think GGG should put back the unlocking with the 4 ways in Legion.

Scarab of the Awakening is very expensive.
Use Scarab of Stability which gives you much more portals. On average it should be 12 but it's rng, one map it will be just seven, the other will give you 17.

BTB T17 reminds me of early Inferno in D3.
Not really focusing on monsters because they usually kill you instantly (or replacing them with harmless frogs)
But instead blasting barrels and pulling giga loot out of them.

People are making 20 div / hr from farming barrels with BTB. It's not a joke.
"
loginagain wrote:
I get that this is aspirational content, but it's definitely overtuned.
From absolutely deleting normal bosses to spending 3-4 minutes per pack in a T17 just to get absolutely anihilated by the map boss 30 minutes later.
This causes soo much frustration it's impossible to express.
I have over 4k hours spent in this game, playing at a slighlty above casual rate and I have never felt so left behind in a league.
The uber bosses are easier than the T17 content, this is completely unacceptable.
Also worth noting is that T17s feel mandatory to everyone since most of the loot drops there so you feel forced to try to get to that point, but without an absolutely decked build which you feel almost impossible to get to you won't stand a chance once you open those portals and get a cold reality check.

Uber bosses are not easier than t17. Your build is likely not optimised to handle t17. I play the same skill I have every league, and I have optimised it specifically for t17 this league, and let me tell you that when I finally started doing them deathless it feels so good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info