Vaal Spectral Throw

point blank works on the ' distance traveled by projectile' principle. ggg even updated the keystone description

thats why i use slower proj + point blank for normal ST and slower proj only for VST
Fork does not work with vaal spectral throw!

It does say "pojectiles fork" but when the spirals hit targets they don't fork.

A) Is this because they pierce and thus it doesn't work?
B) Or is this a bug?

If A) then please make them fork!!! This would be soo cool.

If B) then please fixerino cappucino.
Projectiles check Pierce, then Fork, then Chain. If one triggers, the rest cannot trigger because the Projectile has moved on one way or another already.
Vaal Spectral Throw projectiles should be able to pierce through the environment so that you can get their full duration without worrying about them all clipping a wall and dying out. This skill seems very useful except that so much of the game takes place in tight quarters, it just doesn't mesh.
This is a bad Vaal skill. Good Vaal skills do one of two things: either help deal with powerful threats by killing them quickly, or help deal with them by providing some form of defense or utility. This definitely doesn't provide utility, and the damage isn't even impressive.

I don't have any particular suggestion on how it should be improved (or perhaps fully redesigned), but it should be.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
This is a bad Vaal skill. Good Vaal skills do one of two things: either help deal with powerful threats by killing them quickly, or help deal with them by providing some form of defense or utility. This definitely doesn't provide utility, and the damage isn't even impressive.

I don't have any particular suggestion on how it should be improved (or perhaps fully redesigned), but it should be.

i do not know if you had used it extensively - i did - and if anything this skill is OP with current cost. the AOE aspect (on an open map!) is incredible and the mere fact you can store 5(?) charges makes it very powerful burst damage as well. few other skills - now mediocre, like GSlam or GHammer - would get significantly better by mere trick of increasing charges from 1 to like 4 or 5.

do.not.touch.this!
"
Raghin wrote:
needs to keep the original spectral throw system, spinning outward then inward instead of just away.

I'll agree with this. Right now, it just doesn't hit enough enemies. I've been using it on my current Scion right from level 6 or 7, and used it on my last Scion up to about level 45, and it never really got to a point of being all that useful.

One other addition that might be interesting: make Vaal ST (and even basic ST) work with the Trap skill. That would allow you to lay a Vaal ST "mine" in the middle of a mob at a distance, and have it spiral out from the middle of them, which might be very useful.
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
use it with slower projectiles + gmp + phys proj dmg (or any other +dmg gem)

High lvl slower projectiles make them spin close to you for a long time making short work of anything nearby
Knockback plus default Projectile Speed (and GMP, natch) is also pretty interesting. The Knockback rather easily keeps monsters in the path of the next projectile, pushing everything quite a ways away and dealing pretty considerable damage in the process (way more hits than a default toss).

I personally didn't like rolling with Slower Projectiles much; takes forever to hit mid-range enemies. It does wreck melee range though :P
This skill is an insane COC skill.

I linked it with gmp, coc and Firestorm/Arc. With firestorm, you sometimes can barely see what is going on at the screen with so many fireballs falling. That is why I prefer Arc at the moment, it is almost equally destructive.

I am thinking wether this skill or vaal cyclone would be better for coc (have no vaal cyclone yet). Vaal cyclone should be more destructive, linked with firestorm, coc, and increased duration (with codt lifeleech molten shell keeping me alive).
An advantage of vaal spectral throw is its reliability. Cast it three times, and you are almost certain to wreak havoc, still having another 3 casts in stock. Vaal cyclone on the other hand might fail to trigger at all (only one critroll is made if I am not mistaken), and then you are stuck at almost no damage.

Vaal spectral throw definitely has its uses, at least with some builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info