Lightning Tendrils

I'd also really like this skill to go channeling. My dream is to make tendrils-CwC-Ball lightning/storm call-IncAoE-Light pen-added lightning/empower.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Because it's not a Channeling Spell; instead, it inherently Repeats. Repeat and Channeling are mutually exclusive: that's why Blight cannot Echo, but Lightning Tendrils can. They're two distinctly different mechanics.

That's all well and good and accurate but I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that on some mechanical level, Lightning Tendrils either needs to change to take advantage of channeling mechanics, or change to not be saddled by all the same drawbacks as channeling.

I mean clearly it's working as intended and/or designed but given where it sits now (I have never seen it in a build. Maybe used it once for early leveling?)

I think something needs to give or frankly it's a dead skill gem.
But maybe GGG thinks trap options are good for the health of the game?
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?
This gem is pretty much dead. Deal with it.

Spoiler
At least it's better than the rest of the trash tier gems.
I hope Tendrils won't become a channeling gem. After adding a channeling to this mediocre gem would basically made it weaker CwC trigger skill that "could" shock mobs.

Right now, there is at least slight possibility to scale the gem with speed and there is possibility to have it as face tanking single target leech setup.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Is the general consensus that lightning tendrils is a dead skill?

I really like how this skill looks and feels and hope it becomes viable again.
Fresh builds all day.
Lightning Tendrils should follow this basic concept:

- Higher the risk, higher the damage output

Lightning Tendrils is a stationary casting spell that leaves you very vulnerable during that time, therefore the damage output should compensante the risk. At the moment, the damage is even lower than other non-risky spells, which doesn't make any sense. The radius should also be slightly increase at early levels.
This really should be made a channeling skill already. We have 3 channeled fire skills, 2 chaos skills, 0 cold skills, 0 lightning skills, 0 physical skills. Especially Cold and lightning need at least one, lightning tendrils is the perfect candidate and is a great opportunity to revitalize the skill.
I'm fine with this not being true channeling now... being Mock Channel means you can use Spell Echo instead. Also trea this thing like the same relationship of Barrage and Kinetic Blast, like a Spell Counterpart of Arc and Lightning Tendrils.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
As with Blight, it would be great if we could control whether the cone is long & narrow or short & wide depending on how far away our cursor is, kind of like how we can controll the spread of multiple projectiles. So the further away our cursor is, the longer but narrower the cone becomes.
I'd like to know more details about the more damage every fourth pulse. Is it multiplicative like flame blast?

Will it be... 1, 1, 1, 1.2, 1, 1, 1, 1.2, ...
For a 20% multiplier. Or would it be...

1, 1, 1, 1.2, 1, 1, 1, 1.2^2, ..., 1, 1, 1, 1.2^n ...

Or even

1, 1, 1, 1.2, 1.2, 1.2, 1.2, 1.2^2, 1.2^2, 1.2^2, 1.2^2, ...

If that's the case will there be a limit too?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info