[3.1] Firestorm Leech Tank

"
piza14 wrote:
hi there, really cool build. i tried shaper for first time today and sadly failed. on the one hand im not used to the fight , on the other hand i have a lack of damage. (which could compensate my lack of skill :) )
i know my gems arent 20/20, and my sceptres might not be the best. im browsing poe.trade a lot but unfortunately not many high damage+cast speed are available. for crafting i dont have enough currency.

has anyone other recommendations how to improve my dmg?

You have no damage affixes on your jewels.
You should take the potency of will duration cluster - it adds a lot of damage vs stationary targets such as the shaper.
Not damage related, but you need to get +30% movement speed on your boots, it helps a lot with dodging and positioning which is key during the shaper fight.
Atziri flask doesn't work well with Avatar of fire.
thanks for your quick response, ill take it into account :)
"
piza14 wrote:
hi there, really cool build. i tried shaper for first time today and sadly failed. on the one hand im not used to the fight , on the other hand i have a lack of damage. (which could compensate my lack of skill :) )
i know my gems arent 20/20, and my sceptres might not be the best. im browsing poe.trade a lot but unfortunately not many high damage+cast speed are available. for crafting i dont have enough currency.

has anyone other recommendations how to improve my dmg?

I'm long time use doryani scepters and can't find decent cheap analogue on poe.trade. Then i decide to make them myself. All what need for first time scepter is:
1) White void sceptre 84 lvl. (1-4c on poe.trade and collect all in drop) This sceptre always have 40 elemental damage.
2) Deafening essence of anguish (till 90 fire damage to spells) it,s very good for this build and better essense i think. +70 spell damage is good but we can craft this in more numbers than fire damage to spells. (2-3c on poe.trade)
3) Some luck to get cast speed in item. In mediocre^ 3 sceptres of 10 have cast speed.
4) Get spell damage or fire damage from craft (6 lvl Catarina).

We have 77-84 spell damage sceptre with super fire damage to spells prefix.

Typical example og sceptre from this use:

I have doryani 100% elemental dmg and 10% cast speed. This sceptre in raw numbers overwhelms it by 500 damage. Fire damage to spells is very good.

More we can get some more spell damage if use exalted orb on sceptre and have huge luck) But it's a option for very good rolls.
I tried enhaced my current sceptre with exalted orb and get so low 9 spell damage prefix and +10 mana, but i can get god sceptre otherways.

Now is collecting currency for a great spectre)

UPD:
After 2 days of testing i'm switching to doryani's catalysts back. i miss so much of life leech. On yellow sceptres i have on 400 dps more (8500 against 8100), but i need more life leech - cap is too far way yet. I'll be coolect currence on hifh roll scepter on doryani.

And i recommend for fast runs this miracle helmet)

Aside of movement it give so much evasion. Firestorm damage on it better - un fast runs all burns so fast.
Last edited by Avieta on Oct 13, 2017, 6:37:38 AM
I have a 301% cast speed modifier on firestorm and find that against a single target I am running out of mana faster than I can leech it which is effectively messing with my overall damage.

Should I be getting additional mana regen as I go or is that expected?
"
I have a 301% cast speed modifier on firestorm and find that against a single target I am running out of mana faster than I can leech it which is effectively messing with my overall damage.

Should I be getting additional mana regen as I go or is that expected?

you can get the Dynamo notable on the tree for the increased mana pool and reduced cost of skills. i've got roughly the same cast speed as you and had no mana issues with that node.

you can also get some flat mana and mana regen on gear. flat mana matters because mana leech is limited to 20% of your total mana per second.

you can use vaal clarity for something like 18 seconds of 0 mana cost casting.

you can also replace some cast speed nodes on the tree with the damage ones to rebalance your cast speed vs damage per hit to achieve roughly the same overall dps.
DirtyDot i want to say you thanks. It's my first character and first build i choose to play of it's cheap and tanky. I get at last almost all passives and it's shine greatly.
As a newbie, i died often, but when i switched to fast runs shaped cards like racecourse and get nightmare bacinet for movement speed - i'm noticed that my survivability increased. Plus it give me 10% reduced physical and some chaos resistance. Then i'm get evasion boots( my other gear letting me get res cap - 105) and i almost stop dying. Effect of stibnite flask increase significantly, and 58% speed is so comfortable.
And my question is: What are you think about evasion on this build? What are you think about such pack:

"
Avieta wrote:
DirtyDot i want to say you thanks. It's my first character and first build i choose to play of it's cheap and tanky. I get at last almost all passives and it's shine greatly.
As a newbie, i died often, but when i switched to fast runs shaped cards like racecourse and get nightmare bacinet for movement speed - i'm noticed that my survivability increased. Plus it give me 10% reduced physical and some chaos resistance. Then i'm get evasion boots( my other gear letting me get res cap - 105) and i almost stop dying. Effect of stibnite flask increase significantly, and 58% speed is so comfortable.
And my question is: What are you think about evasion on this build? What are you think about such pack:

i had pretty much zero survivability issues in T15- maps, even with Bisco's collar instead of Xoph's. Devoto's seems nice for farming low red maps, the boots are meh. Evasion works well enough, especially when combined with the Blind support and stibnite, but my personal preference has always been armour. Having said that, the build allows enough flexibility and you should try and choose whatever works and feels better for you.
"
DirtyDot wrote:
you can get the Dynamo notable on the tree for the increased mana pool and reduced cost of skills. i've got roughly the same cast speed as you and had no mana issues with that node.

you can also get some flat mana and mana regen on gear. flat mana matters because mana leech is limited to 20% of your total mana per second.

you can use vaal clarity for something like 18 seconds of 0 mana cost casting.

you can also replace some cast speed nodes on the tree with the damage ones to rebalance your cast speed vs damage per hit to achieve roughly the same overall dps.

I had been running Sanctity for the increase to armor but i'll drop that and grab Dynamo when I hit 91. The overall increase in leech I would get from being able to cast consistently would be better.

Thanks!
Last edited by Shivan0verlord on Oct 15, 2017, 12:20:16 PM
Nice concept, I was just sitting in PoB and trying to formulate something based around Firestorm for next league as a starter, and stumbled across this.

Currently I'm debating whether maybe Ascendant with Elementalist/Inquisitor and a heavier focus on fire damage + crit/multi nodes would be a viable path to go. Berserker might also be worth a thought since we're facetanking, although all the IAS from the ascendancy would go to waste.

Also, something i'm wondering about - what about Proximity Shields? Is Firestorm affected by them?

I'm also debating whether to make it Energy Shield with Ghost Reaver for even cheaper gearing.
Last edited by Miffy23 on Oct 19, 2017, 12:46:33 PM
"
Miffy23 wrote:
Nice concept, I was just sitting in PoB and trying to formulate something based around Firestorm for next league as a starter, and stumbled across this.

Currently I'm debating whether maybe Ascendant with Elementalist/Inquisitor and a heavier focus on fire damage + crit/multi nodes would be a viable path to go. Berserker might also be worth a thought since we're facetanking, although all the IAS from the ascendancy would go to waste.

Ascendant could be better for mapping, Berserker is better for bossing, but Witch is an excellent all-rounder. By the way I wouldn't plan the next league starter around Berserker just yet, it is most likely going to be nerfed.

"
Miffy23 wrote:
Also, something i'm wondering about - what about Proximity Shields? Is Firestorm affected by them?

yes

"
Miffy23 wrote:
I'm also debating whether to make it Energy Shield with Ghost Reaver for even cheaper gearing.

energy shield is not an option anymore since instant leech only applies to life now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info