[3.1] Firestorm Leech Tank

This build looks interesting and quite promising.

But when i see Orb of Storms i usually move on.
Every 2nd build use it to proc stuff, its just annoying.

Since this build is so mana hungry, why not use Kitava's Thirst?
I know it reduces cast speed a bit but it would proc alot automatically.

Arcane Surge could be combined with Flame Dash.
Flame Dash, Faster Casting, Increased Duration, Arcane Surge.
This way you would have it constantly.

Kitava's Thirst could be used for some extra damage or extra protection, auto cursing etc.
Often Enfeeble would be on monsters before they hit you and no need to cast the annoying Orb of Storms anymore.

Unfortunatly i am not running the build so i cant test it myself.
What do you think?

Hi Everybody,

first thanks for this build. It helped me get through the game till maps.

Unfortunately tier13 maps are very hard for me (bosses keep melting me) and i was wandering if you could help me:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Fabian0587/characters

character: PamelaPrati

I have read the thread and tried to bump as much health as possible (for now at least. I cannot afford a six link Belly). Res are all capped but chaos (-15).
Wands have spell dmg and high cast speed but still it seems that I cannot deal enough damage (firestorm is level 15 as I trade it al lev20 for capped quality).

Any suggestion? or something I missed in the thread?

Thank you all!
Last edited by Fabian0587 on Nov 7, 2017, 1:11:11 PM
"
Fabian0587 wrote:
Hi Everybody,

first thanks for this build. It helped me get through the game till maps.

Unfortunately tier13 maps are very hard for me (bosses keep melting me) and i was wandering if you could help me:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Fabian0587/characters

character: PamelaPrati

I have read the thread and tried to bump as much health as possible (for now at least. I cannot afford a six link Belly). Res are all capped but chaos (-15).
Wands have spell dmg and high cast speed but still it seems that I cannot deal enough damage (firestorm is level 15 as I trade it al lev20 for capped quality).

Any suggestion? or something I missed in the thread?

Thank you all!

Hi, this is an easy one.
Buy a cheap lvl 19 Firestorm gem (1c) and replace your level 15 capped one. Level your capped one in a secondary weapon and replace the bought one at level 19 with the capped one.

Each level is a massive dps increase, level 19 is way better than a lvl 15 one (capped or not capped hardly matters).

@Xirce: But you need a skill that crits to trigger Elemental Overload. I personally like Orb of Storms so I like to play with it :)
Last edited by LvL99KampfKeks on Nov 7, 2017, 4:15:52 PM
"
Nice, thanks for the fast reply.
I hope this build will be just as good next league.

EDIT: Also, I just remembered that I wanted to ask this:

You use Blind (or Culling) with OoS, how much is Blind needed lategame? I used Increased Duration to increase the time that my Arcane Surge is up and it feels so much better to have it up longer. Is Blind a huge defensive bonus?

Last slot in the OoS setup is optional/situational. If you are underleveled or undergeared, you go defensive with blind. Culling strike is good for tough bosses. If inc duration works for you - great, although with two duration clusters on the tree arcane surge already lasts around 8 seconds.
"
Xirce wrote:
This build looks interesting and quite promising.

But when i see Orb of Storms i usually move on.
Every 2nd build use it to proc stuff, its just annoying.

Since this build is so mana hungry, why not use Kitava's Thirst?
I know it reduces cast speed a bit but it would proc alot automatically.

Arcane Surge could be combined with Flame Dash.
Flame Dash, Faster Casting, Increased Duration, Arcane Surge.
This way you would have it constantly.

Kitava's Thirst could be used for some extra damage or extra protection, auto cursing etc.
Often Enfeeble would be on monsters before they hit you and no need to cast the annoying Orb of Storms anymore.

Unfortunatly i am not running the build so i cant test it myself.
What do you think?

Arcane surge is not the only reason OoS is used. It triggers elemental overload as well as mastermind of discord. Overall it pretty much doubles your damage output. This build invests heavily in cast speed so the OoS gets cast instantly and doesn't feel clunky at all.
"
Last slot in the OoS setup is optional/situational. If you are underleveled or undergeared, you go defensive with blind. Culling strike is good for tough bosses. If inc duration works for you - great, although with two duration clusters on the tree arcane surge already lasts around 8 seconds.

Oh right, I didnt have those nodes yet when I tried the inc duration. Will check ingame tomorrow, 8seconds would be perfectly fine, 4sec was just kinda annoying to me.
"
DirtyDot wrote:

Arcane surge is not the only reason OoS is used. It triggers elemental overload as well as mastermind of discord. Overall it pretty much doubles your damage output. This build invests heavily in cast speed so the OoS gets cast instantly and doesn't feel clunky at all.

Mmmh, true, OoS triggers EE, EO, Arcane Surge and does a Culling Strike. Its almost as important as Firestorm itself, lol.

Call me a OoS phobic, but i still dont like the idea of having to cast it on every single pack just to get all the triggers going.

So what i think i am doing is to use Arcane Surge with Flame dash and create another CwDT with Molten Shell, Ball lightning and Culling Strike.

To compensate for EE i would remove Artic Armor and use Flammability instead. This leaves me with less Mana, to compensate it, i go for 2 passive points and spend them in Deep Thoughts.
Now its a triple curse setup, so i have to take Windscream boots (could use a Doedre ring instead but the stats are just bad).

Finally, i could say bye, bye OoS! :)

Since Firestorm isnt the best skill at clearing i think 2 Obliteration wands are perfect for the job and 2 Doryanis Catalist on boss fights.

Just extremly expensive rare wands should be better than these.

Feel free to let is know how it works out if you decide to try it :)
If it doesn't work, you don't have to use IOS on every pack. More like every 3rd
"
Feel free to let is know how it works out if you decide to try it :)
If it doesn't work, you don't have to use IOS on every pack. More like every 3rd

Thank you, but ive tested too many builds already (around 10) and burned so much currency in the process. Maybe i will give it a try on the new league. :)

True, you can use OoS on every 3rd pack, but that leaves you with 2 high resist packs.

On a 2nd thought the Orb of Storm setup is probably needed.
What makes this build so tanky is the life leech gem and EE, since curses are pretty trash against bosses (60-80% less effective). Flammability would be a bad alternative.

Could you do me a favour and test how clearing works with 2 Obliteration wands. I would like to know if its an improvement or not. Thank you :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info