[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
bleumaria1 wrote:
cheaper alt https://www.pathofexilebuild.com/?s=[3.0]%20The%20Lazy%20Minion%20Commander%20-%206k+%20EHP%20-%20400K+%20DPS%20-%20Budget%20Friendly%20-%20Auto%20Offering

(F)lame sentinels
Last edited by Inferius90 on Sep 15, 2017, 4:58:03 PM
Just fyi swift affliction is considerable stronger than efficacy. Reason why efficacy tests stronger is bc with one lone spectre the increased duration increases the damage stack of each searing bond. But with 3 tukovanguards youll easily cap at 8 stacks, in which case SA's 44% is signifivantly stronger than efficacys 24%. Also increasing totem duration is kinda annoying lol
"
Atum84 wrote:
Hello,

I have a question about Animated Guardian + Dyadus ( I know it was mentioned somewhere here but just as tl;dr):

1) I need to equip 1-2x dyadus first, then cast Animated Guardian in order to have the guardian use 1-2x Dyadus Axe? In the description of the skill gem it saying, that the desired item (weapon) has to be on the ground - so how can I summon a dual wielding AG?
You drop 2 dyadus on ground, click AG select one dyadus then select AG and the other

2) I have to keep AG alive, how about when I am logging off- the AG still remains after logging in back again?
No but if you click AG skill on the ground it will resummon with all the previous items if he didnt die
3) If AG dies, the Dyadus will be deleted, and I have to get another Dyadus, right?
Yes
4) For now, I am running the mentioned build 1:1, so:

6L Vis Mortis with Spectre+min dmg+min res+ele focus+chance to ignite+burn dmg
2-2 Skullhead with cwdt(1)+desecrate(6) and cwdt+bone offering
4L Bones with Ball Lightning+GMP+Curse on hit+ele weakness
4L Gloves with Flesh Offering+Bone Offering+Increased Duration+Faster Casting
3L The Scourge with Whirling Blades+Fortify+Faster Attacks
3L Shield with Stone Golem+Convocation+Desecrate
1L Ring with Clarity

4a) What is the Best in slot for AG then? Is a rare +2 lvl of minion helmet really better instead of Skullhead? I mean I am strengthen my AG, but lowering the defenses of my spectres without Skullhead.
Thats more of an experience thing. I dont have much problems keeping the spectres alive so it is worth for me, but if theyre dying switch to skullhead. Another thing is +2 helms can have 40% minion dmg implicit which is quite significant
Lastly AG has accuracy - he doesnt always hit. Any miss is a significant loss in dps because its a 1s chill applied every other hit. Lvl 20 AG is lvl 70 compared to lvl 84 shaper, while +4 is 78. This is a huge difference in how mob accuracy typically scales

Is it possible just to keep Skullhead and link AG with Minion Life+Faster Attacks+Melee Splash+(Empower or Minion resistances if I dont have empower yet)? As we need only the +100% burning dmg from chilled enemies, the melee splash should be the best option if i want ae? As
Ele prolif is probably better than splash since it increases duration - important when you only have 1s chill
My experience is the 100% burn is totally not needed for trash if you use tukohamas so aoe not really needed
Put it this way with empower and minion life and fortify AG can survive full shaper beam with 30% hp (with skullhead). If you have +2 helm maybe you can swap something out but personally dont think it is worth it- if anything put in added accuracy

4b) Because I need more slots, I assume we are dropping cwdt(1), bone offering, desecrate(6), cwdt from the helmet out, right?
I personally keep cwdt-convocation, and take out cwdt-curse. First the curse adds very little dmg to bosses and second you can just get gloves with cast x on hit which saves you two slots
Also shield charge is better than whirling blades in this build

thanks in advance!
Last edited by akarias on Sep 15, 2017, 11:17:25 PM
"
akarias wrote:
Just fyi swift affliction is considerable stronger than efficacy. Reason why efficacy tests stronger is bc with one lone spectre the increased duration increases the damage stack of each searing bond. But with 3 tukovanguards youll easily cap at 8 stacks, in which case SA's 44% is signifivantly stronger than efficacys 24%. Also increasing totem duration is kinda annoying lol

I'm not sure whether or not the spell damage part of Efficay applies to the totems. Controlled destruction didn't, so there's that. The test data for Efficacy and Swift Affliction is also a bit small.

Swift Affliction: 44% more multiplier. 15% reduced duration. Confirmed to work for both Wickers and Tukohamas.
Efficacy: 24 or 48% more multiplier. 16% increased duration. Confirmed to work for Tukohamas.

With Efficacy the totem duration will be 31% increased relative to Swift Affliction. This will account for considerable damage in any test with a stationary boss like Avarius because the time between a totem dies and a new one is recast is relatively long.

It would be interesting to test both supports together with two differently leveled Increased Duration gems to give equal duration and then see which one has higher DPS:

Raise Spectre + Swift Affliction + 20/20 Inc Duration

Raise Spectre + Efficacy + 1/0 Inc Duration

On a side note, increased duration will only affect the duration of each totem's individual damage debuff, and the duration of the totem itself. Nothing else. Nothing would change with more totems.

EDIT: Tested it, and as Akarias assumed, the spell damage portion of Efficacy does not apply. Once more you help the build along, thanks.
Last edited by Natt on Sep 16, 2017, 2:01:19 AM
Anyone can share how do we clear chayula and uul breach?
I having problem to meet the timing. Any suggestions on the specs and gems setup?

This build will not have problems with boss fights but the timing is hard to meet lol.
Hello,

just a quick question for the last 6L again:

the last update before swift affliction was, that chance to ignite is with 39% more fire dmg a good option.

but as swift affliction has a 44% multiplier, we take this now?

thanks!
Why Vulnerability over Flammability?
"
Takamura wrote:
Anyone can share how do we clear chayula and uul breach?
I having problem to meet the timing. Any suggestions on the specs and gems setup?

This build will not have problems with boss fights but the timing is hard to meet lol.

When I'm in need of a better clear speed I replaced one jewel with Unending Hunger and then swap 2 spectres with Solar Guards and replaces 3 gems with GMP, Spell Echo and Fire Pen and replace them back to Swift Affliction, Ele Focus and Burning Damage during the boss fight for the Tukos. That's the only time I'm using this 'weird' setup where I needed to push higher clear speed but still need the Tukos for the boss fight.
Last edited by ultimatecat on Sep 16, 2017, 4:16:35 AM
"
Natt wrote:
"
akarias wrote:

I'm not sure whether or not the spell damage part of Efficay applies to the totems. Controlled destruction didn't, so there's that. The test data for Efficacy and Swift Affliction is also a bit small.

Swift Affliction: 44% more multiplier. 15% reduced duration. Confirmed to work for both Wickers and Tukohamas.
Efficacy: 24 or 48% more multiplier. 16% increased duration. Confirmed to work for Tukohamas.

With Efficacy the totem duration will be 31% increased relative to Swift Affliction. This will account for considerable damage in any test with a stationary boss like Avarius because the time between a totem dies and a new one is recast is relatively long.

It would be interesting to test both supports together with two differently leveled Increased Duration gems to give equal duration and then see which one has higher DPS:

Raise Spectre + Swift Affliction + 20/20 Inc Duration

Raise Spectre + Efficacy + 1/0 Inc Duration

On a side note, increased duration will only affect the duration of each totem's individual damage debuff, and the duration of the totem itself. Nothing else. Nothing would change with more totems.

EDIT: Tested it, and as Akarias assumed, the spell damage portion of Efficacy does not apply. Once more you help the build along, thanks.

I remember the discussion at the beginning of this thread and the consensus seemed very clear that swift affliction does NOT work for WM, since their skill has neither duration nor does it hit for damage. Can you please elucidate regarding the confirmation that it DOES work for Wicker Men too? Thank you
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
I find flesh offering a bit useless. Damage is high enough with bone offering. Is it a good idea to replace gem and run vitality aura?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info