[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

Can I ask your advice please? Two questions:

1. I got this helmet recently, which lets me cap block:

which I have been using instead of Skullhead to test out. It's not the greatest helm, but that 9% enchant lets me use the shield I have

to get max block, which gives me about 6400 life and capped ele-weakness resists. I don't have a higher block shield.
My character PoB
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/vtgRL4wZ

I can still put a suffix on the helm. I'm not sure what. If I put fire resist on, I could be more flexible with the shield slot. I could put dex on which would give me more flexibility in the jewelry.
To max block with Skullhead, I would need a better or at least different shield, and that would make me need to get different gloves and rings.
I would like your opinion. How good is Skullhead's regen on Guardians and Atziri and Shaper? I haven't done them yet. Craft Dexterity or Craft Fire res on the helm?

2. Since I haven't done Guardians or Shaper yet (I'm not very good at this game), not sure if I need a different setup. Do I need to equip Rise of the Phoenix for Über Atziri and Phoenix Guardian?

thank you
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
so, how should be the setup to clear the hall of grandmasters? since you can't use spectres, I see that some people use these links:
Scorching ray-swift affliction-controlled destruction-elemental focus-burning damage-empower (or efficacy instead of empower? still have to try it out in path of building). I guess we can slot those gems in a Tabula rasa, Vis Mortis isn't gonna help us in that map...then an Amethyst flask for chaos resistances?

dropped few minutes ago, is this in any way useful for this build?
also looking for some HoGM tips.. shredded by caustic arrow person and cant do dmg to a fire storm type of character as well.. everything else is pretty much easy with a 4l SR.
I'm having a hard time telling what spectres I have when I raise them. This is my first time playing a spectre build and sometimes I end up getting these spectres that LOOK like tukohama vanguards but don't flame totem under any circumstances. Is there a way I can get a name over corpses/spectres?
"
bluerogu3 wrote:
I'm having a hard time telling what spectres I have when I raise them. This is my first time playing a spectre build and sometimes I end up getting these spectres that LOOK like tukohama vanguards but don't flame totem under any circumstances. Is there a way I can get a name over corpses/spectres?

believe the button is "A" by default
Best build ever. I just soloed Pale Council in 6man party xD
TIL: Level your Desecrate....
Last edited by Restoron on Sep 22, 2017, 7:18:25 AM
I've recently tried 3 guardians (once each, and haven't yet tried Chimera). I died once on each of them, and also lost at least one spectre (after I died and let them keep going). Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Am I just bad at dodging and flasking?

This is the setup I just used for Phoenix:
http://poe-profile.info/profile/baru_monkey/Barlast
PoB pastebin if you prefer that: https://pastebin.com/4cRbwa76
(in case I change it after a while, I have a Ruby and a Mana flask on 4 and 5).

This is improved over my attempts at Minotaur and Hydra. Changes I made after those and before Phoenix:
- Fixed my Life/Mana ratio to 5621/2432 (was 6/4 for Cloak of Defiance, changed to 7/3 for Vis Mortis)
- Changed out Bisco's Collar for The Anvil.
- Added a low-lvl CwDT-Desecrate link

...but I still died. What do?

Followup: If I can't do most of the guardians deathless, is it worth even bothering to attempt Shaper?

EDIT: I was using 3x Vanguards and 1x Wicker. Might have been 2 and 2 for one of the fights.
Last edited by baru_monkey on Sep 22, 2017, 9:35:57 AM
"
baru_monkey wrote:

Followup: If I can't do most of the guardians deathless, is it worth even bothering to attempt Shaper?

EDIT: I was using 3x Vanguards and 1x Wicker. Might have been 2 and 2 for one of the fights.

I kill Shaper deathless but die on guardians with bad mods, so my opinion.. movement is the key to do guardians and shaper deathless ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info