[3.6] Zombiemancer - High Survivability - End Game Viable

Here's how it works:

1. Shield charge into a pack
2. Mobs damage you, triggering gems supported by Cast When Damage Taken
3. One of those gems is Convocate, which teleports your zombies to you

The zombies are all summoned beforehand, Convocate just teleports them to your location.
I loved levelling up in this build, but now that I've reached the endgame (for the first time btw) I feel I'm extremely squishy. I have all the gems in place except Enlightenment and all the passives up to the branch that has Tireless in it (still need to go downwards to Warrior's Blood and Constitution). What I lack is all the uniques! They seem to be essential for this build to work. I die super easily in maps, more than I did in any boss fight in the campaign. Any tips on how to stay alive longer? :)
"
evanb0 wrote:
I loved levelling up in this build, but now that I've reached the endgame (for the first time btw) I feel I'm extremely squishy. I have all the gems in place except Enlightenment and all the passives up to the branch that has Tireless in it (still need to go downwards to Warrior's Blood and Constitution). What I lack is all the uniques! They seem to be essential for this build to work. I die super easily in maps, more than I did in any boss fight in the campaign. Any tips on how to stay alive longer? :)

Your profile is set to private...

My question:

PoB dps a few days ago: 193k/zombie.
PoB dps right now on the latest PoB version: 119k/zombie

Am i missing something?

(in both cases i used the pastebin link in the first post)
Last edited by Harbinger00 on Jun 2, 2018, 1:32:05 PM
"
evanb0 wrote:
What I lack is all the uniques! They seem to be essential for this build to work.

Well yes, the whole build is based around unique item interactions. Get them and you should be fine.

"
Harbinger00 wrote:
My question:

PoB dps a few days ago: 193k/zombie.
PoB dps right now on the latest PoB version: 119k/zombie

Am i missing something?

(in both cases i used the pastebin link in the first post)

It looks like the slam is not calculated with 100% hit rate anymore in PoB, dont know why.
Im pretty sure they didnt ninja-nerf it and reverted that slam buff they did back in Bestiary.
The cooldown is also not working anymore, when you use Violent Dead, for example, it's not changing.

Also, i dont really know how the slam is even calculated in PoB. It has a cooldown but the dps is calculated with an attack rate, so you should probably not take that number too serious anyway.
"
"
evanb0 wrote:
What I lack is all the uniques! They seem to be essential for this build to work.

Well yes, the whole build is based around unique item interactions. Get them and you should be fine

My question was how to survive until I get them. I've just finished the game for the very first time; getting all the right uniques takes time and/or riches. I die really easily even on level 1 maps and especially on tilesets with narrow corridors.
"
evanb0 wrote:
My question was how to survive until I get them. I've just finished the game for the very first time; getting all the right uniques takes time and/or riches. I die really easily even on level 1 maps and especially on tilesets with narrow corridors.

I took a look at your character. The reason you die so fast is because you have very low life and your elemental resistances are not maxed out.
Get items that give you life and enough resistances. Your goal should be something around 5000 life and all elemental resistances at least 75%.
Items like that dont cost more than 1 chaos each. Use poe.trade to buy them.

Also do your second and third labyrinth to get your ascendancy skill points.

This should give you enough suvivablity to farm up currency in maps so you can then buy the required uniques for this build.
Thank you. Up to now I've been focused on getting the sockets, colours and links right, but now it seems I will have to pay attention to the survivability numbers on the gear as well on top of all that.
@Clooney_is_best_Batman, Is Uber Elder viable with this build ? Did u tried ?
Last edited by SzamanikTM on Jun 3, 2018, 7:38:47 AM
"
SzamanikTM wrote:
@Clooney_is_best_Batman, Is Uber Elder viable with this build ? Did u tried ?

Havent tried it myself because i played something else last league, but i saw feedback here where people said they did Uber Elder with it.
So if you looking for something Uber Elder viable, i personally cant guarantee it.
So I never knew about Carnage Chieftans till I read this guide. I was always use using strong melee spectre's with my zombies.

Are you sure they add frenzy charges to minions, because I haven't seen any yet.

Is the highest level I can get the chieftans 67? Since that's the highest place where you can re summon the same category of monsters with desecrate. If you go into a map it obviously throws down the monsters that are from that area.

EDIT: Ok I ended up going to Southern Forest in Act 6 and these guys are definitely spamming the frenzy charges. I'm not so sure the guys in normal act 2 spam it, I think the nm and merc version of them did back in the day though. At least I know that SF is confirmed to have correct carnage chieftans.
Last edited by UnholyHanma on Jun 4, 2018, 7:20:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info