[3.6] Zombiemancer - High Survivability - End Game Viable

"
UnholyHanma wrote:
So I never knew about Carnage Chieftans till I read this guide. I was always use using strong melee spectre's with my zombies.

Are you sure they add frenzy charges to minions, because I haven't seen any yet.

They use mana to cast the warcry that generates the frenzy charge. So a Clarity helps them cast it more, also Blood Magic lets them cast it a bunch. They also only cast when you go into combat, not idling in your hideout.

"
UnholyHanma wrote:
Is the highest level I can get the chieftans 67? Since that's the highest place where you can re summon the same category of monsters with desecrate. If you go into a map it obviously throws down the monsters that are from that area.

Whatever monsters you have with you gets added to the corpses desecrate summons. So you go to the highest level area you can with a carnage chieftan from Act 2 and start casting desecrate. They'll show up.
Hello,

is it also possible to use any other skill gem than shield charge for triggering elemental equilibrium? I was thinking about to use arc or ball lightning to trigger ele. equil.
Last edited by Afura on Jun 4, 2018, 9:24:09 PM
"
Afura wrote:
Hello,

is it also possible to use any other skill gem than shield charge for triggering elemental equilibrium? I was thinking about to use arc or ball lightning to trigger ele. equil.

Of course, as long as it is lightning damage, cause the Zombies do fire and cold damage.
I'm trying this build and it works great, the only problem i have at this moment is that my spectres die almost instantly at the first pack into a tier 6+ map.
The place i'm getting these from is act 2 right outside town (Carnage Chieftain) and resummon them in the map.
What am i doing wrong?
"
UnholyHanma wrote:
So I never knew about Carnage Chieftans till I read this guide. I was always use using strong melee spectre's with my zombies.

Are you sure they add frenzy charges to minions, because I haven't seen any yet.

Is the highest level I can get the chieftans 67? Since that's the highest place where you can re summon the same category of monsters with desecrate. If you go into a map it obviously throws down the monsters that are from that area.

EDIT: Ok I ended up going to Southern Forest in Act 6 and these guys are definitely spamming the frenzy charges. I'm not so sure the guys in normal act 2 spam it, I think the nm and merc version of them did back in the day though. At least I know that SF is confirmed to have correct carnage chieftans.

No the Act 2 variant of the Chieftains definitely give you frenzy charges, I've been using the same two I picked up from Act 2 all this time. So not sure what's wrong on your end.
"
Bertje1987 wrote:
I'm trying this build and it works great, the only problem i have at this moment is that my spectres die almost instantly at the first pack into a tier 6+ map.
The place i'm getting these from is act 2 right outside town (Carnage Chieftain) and resummon them in the map.
What am i doing wrong?

You probably using your level 1 Desecrate to create their corpses in the map. You need a high level one to make high level corpses.
"
"
Bertje1987 wrote:
What am i doing wrong?

You probably using your level 1 Desecrate to create their corpses in the map. You need a high level one to make high level corpses.

A million times this. Whenever I find my spectres dying it's because I used the wrong desecrate and they are low leveled spectres. I hate that mechanic. I wish they would overhaul the spectre mechanic with a special page like the new mtx page.

But I dream.....
"
"
Afura wrote:
Hello,

Of course, as long as it is lightning damage, cause the Zombies do fire and cold damage.

Thx a lot for the info, that's awesome. By fire and cold damage you mean the fire damage from Montregul and the cold damage from hatred aura right?
Last edited by Afura on Jun 5, 2018, 12:30:22 PM
Thank you for this build! I'm now level 72 and it's been really good. I equipped The Baron a little earlier than Geofri's and Shaper's Touch, and I still have my Raise Zombie in there (just 4L). Ever since then, the damage has been insane. The Zombies 1-shot champions and usually 2-shot rares.

I found that I prefer to have a second, self-cast convocation, to not always rely on taking damage to bring the zombies over. I also use a self-cast Enfeeble as a way to direct zombies to some enemies that I don't want to charge into. But for the most part, just shield charging is really fine.

I love the 3D Art on The Baron:

Last edited by Timeclasp on Jun 6, 2018, 5:01:09 AM
Hello,

realy enjoyable build :D finaly a summoner that doesn't spam offerings and other spells :D

just a question, the guardian is on your switch weapon, is that enough that he doesn't vanish after switch back to your mainhand? :o

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info