[3.3] [HC] Torchbearer's Off-Screen Summoner - [Command 90+ Minions] - [HC/Uber endgame viable]

Your skill tree doesn't show you taking any +30 dexterity nodes, but you need 113 dex to use some of the required items like the claw. I ended up taking some and using a jewel to get the necessary dexterity. How did you plan to equip the claw with this build?
"
enigma322 wrote:
I RIP'd at 84 to a Volatile fire with flammability at 5.7k health. My ES gotten eaten up before then. Can you take a look at the last 5 minutes and critique my game play? Death happens at the end. The character is FrostyBits and still has all the gear on when it RIP'd.

https://youtu.be/8bJwxsFVOd8

That's just really unlucky for you I feel. Flammability + the volatile. If there's one thing I certainly noticed it was the movement speed. You absolutely should get 20-25%+ move speed on your boots at that level already. It changes a lot and you don't get stuck in bad positions anymore. While it isn't important in the build it's important in general in the game.

You don't always have the currency to buy those kinds of boots though, so it's unlucky.

I'd say it's 60% unlucky 40% no movement speed. :)

Every time you're in some sort of trouble you need to Charged Dash, that's your lifesaver in this case. Also reduces fire damage taken while stationary.
Last edited by Acaste7 on Jun 26, 2018, 7:17:13 AM
"
Necromundus wrote:
Your skill tree doesn't show you taking any +30 dexterity nodes, but you need 113 dex to use some of the required items like the claw. I ended up taking some and using a jewel to get the necessary dexterity. How did you plan to equip the claw with this build?

You take them and then you swap them out from stats on gear + jewels, you can keep them until you have those stats. :>
"
Organizmas wrote:
Is it possible to do Hall of Grandmasters with this build?

Honestly I have personally not tried.

On paper, you should be able to, but I can't tell you for sure bro.
I'm having a really hard time getting more than 1-2 spectral wolves out at once. with a 10% chance to cast on kill I'm rarely getting enough kills to get any spectral wolves. I realize I've got to curse the enemies before I can deal any real damage to them, but by then my skeletons, zombies, spectres, and phantasms have already made short work of any enemies in the area. Any suggestions on how I can pump out more spectral wolves?

Also: I'm having a great time playing this build. It's the most Tanky Summoner I've ever played and it's also really easy to "sweep" your minions with the charged dash skill. Thanks for sharing!
Hey! I'm really really loving this build so far, but I'm just very confused about one thing.

Why does the build use both Vaal Summon Skeletons and Summon Skeletons? I can already summon normal skellies just fine with the Vaal gem, so I'm a bit lost as to why the build contains both? Does the skeleton level increase by 4 if you put Vaal Summon Skeletons and Summon Skeletons in two different +2 Minion Gem Level items or something?
"
WaningLight wrote:
Hey! I'm really really loving this build so far, but I'm just very confused about one thing.

Why does the build use both Vaal Summon Skeletons and Summon Skeletons? I can already summon normal skellies just fine with the Vaal gem, so I'm a bit lost as to why the build contains both? Does the skeleton level increase by 4 if you put Vaal Summon Skeletons and Summon Skeletons in two different +2 Minion Gem Level items or something?

It's that the guide isn't really updated, you're not the only one to ask this. Because of the vaal gem changes the one in the shield is no longer needed. I myself put spectres into there so I can put artic armour into belly, meaning I don't have to bother with using an unset ring. Other people have suggested using an empower gem in its place instead.
Last edited by Bloodraven on Jun 28, 2018, 5:46:46 AM
I know the original post recommends 3 uniques for the animated guardian, does any one else have recommendations on more items to use?
"
enigma322 wrote:
I know the original post recommends 3 uniques for the animated guardian, does any one else have recommendations on more items to use?

For boots I used Victario's Flight for 10% increase to movespeed for allies
As for the gloves, I use Southbound.

I was thinking swapping the Zahndethus' Cassock for a Ambu's Charge because of this:
Gain an Endurance Charge when you take a Critical Strike
Share Endurance Charges with nearby party members

Which would be useful for our immortal call, not sure how effective it would be though as I'm not sure how many crits the guardian would take.
Last edited by Bloodraven on Jun 29, 2018, 6:56:28 AM
What level should I level Cast When Damage Taken to when I have 6.5k Health and 2.4k ES? Is there a general rule of how to level CWDT?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info